• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Hate crime reports increased 17 percent last year from 2016, the F.B.I. said on Tuesday, rising for the third consecutive year as heated racial rhetoric and actions have come to dominate the news.

Of the more than 7,100 hate crimes reported last year, nearly three out of five were motivated by race and ethnicity, according to the annual report. Religion and sexual orientation were the other two primary motivators.

In addition to the tense political climate, the increase also points to a growing awareness among various law enforcement agencies of the importance of identifying and reporting hate crimes to the F.B.I.

Reporting hate crimes to the F.B.I. is currently voluntary. Last year, roughly a thousand more agencies submitted data than those that did the previous year.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/13/...ml?action=click&module=Latest&pgtype=Homepage

So who were the majority victims of these crimes?

Black people accounted for nearly half of hate crime victims last year, according to the F.B.I. Of those targeted based on religion, 58 percent were Jewish.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
This seems pretty key. Not necessarily more events, but more reports

Ah so its been unreported this whole time, so we're just getting a picture that is worsening ever since the reports started pouring in. I can sleep better knowing this, that there is nothing serious to discuss here.....(mainly because there is a thread on this already)

Amory

Oct 27, 2017
Ah so its been unreported this whole time, so we're just getting a picture that is worsening ever since the reports started pouring in. I can sleep better knowing this, that there is nothing serious to discuss here.....(mainly because there is a thread on this already)
Did I say there was nothing to discuss?

The thread title is not accurate. So I pointed it out.