• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
*checks email*

Thank you for shopping at AmiAmi.

The products you ordered are ready for payment and we would like to inform you of your grand total. Please carefully double-check all order details and make any necessary changes through the Modify Existing Orders link on your My Account page on our website before proceeding with payment. If all details are correct, please authorize your payment using the payment link included with this mail by the date indicated below.

PAYMENT DUE BY: 2019/05/31 7:00 AM (Japan Standard Time)

IMPORTANT: Order payments must be authorized and are not automatically charged. Please note that the order will be canceled should we not be able to confirm the payment by the deadline. Paid orders cannot be modified (split, combined, etc.). All sales are final.

Character Vocal Series 01. Hatsune Miku 10th Anniversary Ver. Memorial Box 1/7(Pre-order)(Single Shipment)
Unit price 20,750 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 20,750 JPY

Subtotal: 20,750 JPY
Shipping: 8,700 JPY
Grand total: 29,450 JPY
giphy.gif

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I had a good surprise today. Read about a mobile rhythm game called Cytus II from (I think) the guys who made VOEZ and Deemo and how it's currently free for a few days as a promotion strategy, since it added a Miku pack (the latter costs around 10€). I don't know what songs are on that pack, in fact someone let me know if they are aware, but I can tell you one thing: Cytus II turned out to be damn fun on my iPad and it's got tons of content for what's basically free. I'm probably only buying the Miku pack after I'm done with whatever else is availabe. Go check it out.

RZetko

Oct 27, 2017
I had a good surprise today. Read about a mobile rhythm game called Cytus II from (I think) the guys who made VOEZ and Deemo and how it's currently free for a few days as a promotion strategy, since it added a Miku pack (the latter costs around 10€). I don't know what songs are on that pack, in fact someone let me know if they are aware, but I can tell you one thing: Cytus II turned out to be damn fun on my iPad and it's got tons of content for what's basically free. I'm probably only buying the Miku pack after I'm done with whatever else is availabe. Go check it out.

Cytus II is excellent and everyone should give it a try because of two things - first, it's really polished and excellent rhythm game and second, it has well crafted characters and surprisingly deep story told using messages, text logs, cutscenes etc.

With free version you're getting first three characters (Paff, Neko, Robo Head) which are basically beginning of the story and you can buy other characters to increase your song library (every character has different music style, they are around 10$ - basically price of an album and usually have around 12 songs, they also discount them from time to time) and expand on story (both before and after events of three free characters).

I also really like that with Miku pack they opted in for newer songs to give them spotlight instead of classics, which everyone has memorized to last note by now. Can't Make A Song, Sharing The World or ラッキー☆オーブ and others are really nice choices.

Last edited:

Saoshyant

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Word. I'm strangely loving the fake social media stuff on how ridiculously real it looks.

I also adore Miku's design in this:
fhfrjZm.jpg

By the way, is there a full list of what songs are available on her pack?

Maika_Fan

Oct 28, 2017
The song list is basically a Miku Expo collection, tying in with the recent release of the 5th anniversary Expo album.

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
glass wall>
lucky orb>
met bigwave irl so i have to pretend i like sharing the world
blue stars ok
miku is a good song
breaki it>
circusp IS WEIRD AS IS HIS MUSIC but w/e

theres my unofficial review

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
I went to a video game museum today and they had this in a glass case along with other peripherals and controllers which surprised me:
CehCspw.jpg

Wish they had it set up instead of just on display though.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah, even if this had no new songs I'd buy it just to have it on a portable.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, FT charts would be the worst case scenario for me. Those charts feel so awkward on a DS. So much that I'm considering buying that 3rd party replica controller that was posted a while back.

Edit: Saw the screenshots, yeah those are FT charts. That kills any hype for the switch version. Oh well

Last edited:

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'd feel a lot better about the FT charts if they laid out the multi notes on the screen in a way to match the button layout of a gamepad instead of only using the arcade layout.

As is that is completely unintuitive to anyone not using an arcade button layout. The multiple different button mapping options don't help really.

Last edited:

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Right now I don't play FT charts unless I have an FT style controller, full stop. I don't think I'd have a lot of fun with the Switch game if FT style charts are the only option.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I did a poke:

Also, seems GAMO2 also has an upcoming keyboard-styled controller and they are soliciting feedback on what kind of layouts it should have for different games, including Project DIVA:

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
does anyone know if the english patch works for both versions of Project Diva? i want to buy a copy of the # version because it has the newer PSP spine like the other 2 games i have but it has a different game ID so i'm not sure if it would work

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
does anyone know if the english patch works for both versions of Project Diva? i want to buy a copy of the # version because it has the newer PSP spine like the other 2 games i have but it has a different game ID so i'm not sure if it would work
2nd# actually is a different binary if I recall correctly, so I wouldn't assume it works.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
does the first game not have a # in the title? the seller i looked at put it in the title so i assumed it did too or am i reading your message wrong and you're using 2nd as an example
2nd# is a unique thing. I don't remember all the details but it came after extend, technically making it the last of the PSP releases.

Redhood

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
The physical version of future tone contains all the dlc released so far right? 3 packs and the 2 bonus songs included?

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
The physical version of future tone contains all the dlc released so far right? 3 packs and the 2 bonus songs included?
Future Tone DX got Ghost Rule/Sand Planet before any other version did. Even Arcade got them later. Everything is more or less at parity now (Arcade is again ahead in having EX Extreme charts).

DX only exists in Japanese and has a different trophy list than the original, probably one of the few cases where progress from one title can count towards trophies in another.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Another quick one. Does the Hori controller for PS3 work on future tone?
I have the one that was made for Project Diva X (assuming you're talking about MiniCons here), and though it has a switch for PS3/PS4, it works on PS4 even on "PS3 mode" for some reason. But I'm not totally certain if that's an exception since it wasn't made with PS4 in mind, or if they'd all work.

You can always download the demo and check that way.

Redhood

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I have the one that was made for Project Diva X (assuming you're talking about MiniCons here), and though it has a switch for PS3/PS4, it works on PS4 even on "PS3 mode" for some reason. But I'm not totally certain if that's an exception since it wasn't made with PS4 in mind, or if they'd all work.

You can always download the demo and check that way.
This question was more about buying the PS3 controller since it's cheaper than PS4 one which is running close to 500$.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This question was more about buying the PS3 controller since it's cheaper than PS4 one which is running close to 500$.
Ah. Was under the impression you had the controller, and was wondering about the game's compatibility before you bought it. Which makes... very little sense now that I think on it lol.

I don't have a PS3 controller unfortunately, but I'm sure someone else here does. Hopefully they can get you a (positive) answer.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, 2020 was already shaping up to be an expensive year for me and now it's going to be even worse.

I hope they do the UK again so I don't have to contemplate going to another country to see it.

Rasec

Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
Welp, 2020 was already shaping up to be an expensive year for me and now it's going to be even worse.

I hope they do the UK again so I don't have to contemplate going to another country to see it.

Damn, wasn't expecting that so soon.
But i'm glad since it means the first european tour exceed their expectations.

Do we know if the miku tours are always in different places or not?

I was able to go to UK last december but it was expensive.

Rasec

Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
Sorry for the double post but this is some cool news.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva MEGA39's Release Date - 13th February 2020

Standart Edition cover

Limited Edition:
  • -Game
  • -Sonoca card
  • -OST 5 CD (Project diva games)
  • -Special Arbook

Hatsune Miku Project DIVA MEGA39's dedicated controller for Nintendo Switch [Hori]

Also confirmed that a PS4 version will be sold also.

For now it's still not availabe on amazon jp but it would be shortly.

It's already availble to pre-order at https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/ that sends to EU and US.
All of this announced is in the homepage in the Pre-Order section of the site.

There goes my wallet.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Does Hori store ship internationally?

I was planning on using my PS4 mini controller with an adapter for the switch game, but I'd probably be down for a full size controller w/ slide bar.

Only question would be whether or not I would want the ps4 version (and try it with an adapter on the switch) or the switch version.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
glad a localization was confirmed, i know they've been good about localizing PD the last few years but some part of me was worried haha

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

Sweet Devil, Unhappy Refrain, and Remote Controller? Aww yesss! And I guess Mix Mode is our new Nintendo-exclusive novelty mode à la stylus control in Project Mirai, so that's cool.

I actually just assumed this was already confirmed for localization before now. Would be pretty shocking if they skipped the West for no reason.

Rasec

Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
I guess 2020 will be a good year since there will be another miku europe tour and two new games even if one is just a new version of a ps4 game.

Let's hope the mobile game will be a cool game and not only exclusive for japan.
The miku collaboration on cytus 2 was already a good idea.

Redhood

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
How would one go about to procure that fine new controller and get it shipped to Canada?

Last edited: