• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Redhood

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Pre orders are open now. Book yours soon if you want it.

Edit. The preorders seem to be suspended for now.

Last edited:

Rasec

Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
The locations and dates for the the Miku Expo Europe 2020 are here:

CyJjUpH.png

https://mikuexpo.com/europe2020/

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
FYI, if anyone is importing MEGA39's, most of the usual suspects have exclusive bonuses:
  • Amazon.co.jp: t-shirt module (will be available as DLC at a later time)
  • AmiAmi: acrylic diorama stand
  • CD Japan: acrylic keychain
A full list will probably be posted to the official website at some point, but those are the ones that ship internationally with no fuss.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.

There's the list of the carryover songs from FT for Megamix. Doesn't include the 10 news songs being added tho.

I already knew they'd have to be major cuts when they announced the total song count but it still sucks to confirm some faves being axed. That said, I'm happy with about 90% of the songs in there

CloverNotes

Oct 25, 2017

There's the list of the carryover songs from FT for Megamix. Doesn't include the 10 news songs being added tho.

I already knew they'd have to be major cuts when they announced the total song count but it still sucks to confirm some faves being axed. That said, I'm happy with about 90% of the songs in there
Very happy with the song list. Pretty much all my favorite songs from the other project diva games are there.

Maika_Fan

Oct 28, 2017
Received the new Mitchie M album yesterday, the guy is amazing, there's no filler whatsoever!

Has anyone here preordered DIVALLER, and if so is there any news on when shipping starts?

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
JFC, $65 each for the Jersey show? Hope it doesn't sell out before I can grab tickets, just got back from PAXU so between that and Xmas stuff my funds are light.
NJ tickets are probably going to be the fastest moving tickets of all the east coast shows, since it effectively replaces the NYC show. I tried for and was denied VIP GA for NJ. Hopefully the bleacher seats I ended up with aren't terrible, especially since they were priced at the same level as the GA.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
Just randomly decided to check if the next US Miku Expo has been announced and luckily there's still tickets for San Jose. It's all GA other than the VIP GA, so didn't miss any good seats. Though I am dreading how long I'll have to wait in line for a good spot, since LA doesn't have a show they'll all be coming up.

I'm not a big fan of the Civic Center venue, especially for the screen they use for this, but I'll take what I can get. This'll be my 3rd one after the previous San Jose one and the Halloween LA one. Haven't paid much attention to Vocaloid in the last few years though so I'll be going on a listening binge soon to get hyped up.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So I realized when I ordered, but have become a bit more.. stressed isn't the word, but it's not a good feeling, realizing that I actually don't know the big Vocaloid songs anymore. I was almost always a game only guy, so my knowledge didn't extend too far out of that. But between all of them, I knew a lot of songs.

Now, well, outside of Dune/Sand Planet, Ghost Rule, and Roki, I have no clue what's new. And therefore, what may be played at the Expo. Surely there will still be "oldies", but it's also complete certainty there will be things I don't know at all. Possibly many of them.

Is there a good like, crash course for recent Vocaloid? I need to brush up my weeb knowledge before April, lol.

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Anyone know if any site is taking pre-orders for the switch Project Diva controller? I can see Play Asia has the status as "Announced - Pre-orders opening soon. Expected to ship: Q1, 2020" but is there any other site still taking them? I really hope I wasn't too late to order one.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if any site is taking pre-orders for the switch Project Diva controller? I can see Play Asia has the status as "Announced - Pre-orders opening soon. Expected to ship: Q1, 2020" but is there any other site still taking them? I really hope I wasn't too late to order one.
I think the window for that came and went a while ago. Would love to be wrong though. I was going to pick one up if I saw it in stock anywhere but never did, only a few places carried it. I've never seen it in stock at PA.

I'm planning on just trying my PS4 controller through an adapter and will see how that goes, hopefully not too lag inducing. Kinda a shame because I hate playing the game on anything other than an arcade layout, except to just futz around.

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I think the window for that came and went a while ago. Would love to be wrong though. I was going to pick one up if I saw it in stock anywhere but never did, only a few places carried it. I've never seen it in stock at PA.

I'm planning on just trying my PS4 controller through an adapter and will see how that goes, hopefully not too lag inducing. Kinda a shame because I hate playing the game on anything other than an arcade layout, except to just futz around.
Yeah I had a feeling it was too late but was still hoping. I'll keep looking around, hopefully they make a 2nd run!

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
Hi guys!

I was browsing the buy/sell thread on here and someone was selling a Hatsune Miku Controller for PS4 for $75 and I decided to dive in. My only experience playing the diva games is putting in maybe 10 hours or so on f 2nd on the vita seveal years ago.

I went ahead and picked up future tone bundle on ps4, which is still on sale for $24. It will be a week or so before the controller arrives, if anyone has any advice let me know! I've been doing a bit of research and it seems my main decision is deciding which layout to use, arcade layout or default layout. i'm leaning towards using the default layout for when i go back to play the games on ps vita or swtich in portable (rhythm games on portables are love) and it feels like a waste to ignore the extra buttons, but maybe the arcade layout will be smarter to learn as I could use the controller on my vita tv (i assume it works natively or with a hack) and the future switch release with an adapter, but I also have no plans to playing at an arcade, so i dunno.

thanks for any tips/advice!

Last edited:

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hi guys!

I was browsing the buy/sell thread on here and someone was selling a Hatsune Miku Controller for PS4 for $75 and I decided to dive in. My only experience playing the diva games is putting in maybe 10 hours or so on f 2nd on the vita seveal years ago.

I went ahead and picked up future tone bundle on ps4, which is still on sale for $24. It will be a week or so before the controller arrives, if anyone has any advice let me know! I've been doing a bit of research and it seems my main decision is deciding which layout to use, arcade layout or default layout. i'm leaning towards using the default layout for when i go back to play the games on ps vita or swtich in portable (rhythm games on portables are love) and it feels like a waste to ignore the extra buttons, but maybe the arcade layout will be smarter to learn as I could use the controller on my vita tv (i assume it works natively or with a hack) and the future switch release with an adapter, but I also have no plans to playing at an arcade, so i dunno.

thanks for any tips/advice!
The thing with Future Tone and the default layout is when there are multiple simultaneous buttons to press at the same time (say X+Square, or Square+X+Circle) then the position they are shown on screen mimics the arcade layout, not the default layout. I have a hard time wrapping my head around this, so I opened my controller and moved the buttons around to match the arcade layout.

I don't know why with the console ports they didn't take the time to position the notes on screen a little differently to match a regular controller, or at least provide an option. I'll be coping with this in the Switch release, if I can't get my PS4 controller to work with it well enough.

GreenMonkey

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
Chicago Miku Expo! Here I come! Im so excited.

My wife already bought tickets for my kids, lol. I might even end up going, not sure yet, since tickets are kinda expensive. Probably just her and the kids and I hang out in a hotel room or something.
To be honest, the GAMO2 controller is probably your best bet if you want one natively compatible with Switch and can afford it.

Any reviews or comments on it for Switch? I looked around but only saw a couple of stray videos from people using it on PS4.

Last edited: