• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I go to pick up the season pass and all the places I've bought eshop cards from previously are sold out of cards. Weird.

GreenMonkey

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
So...no luck with the Brook converter and the minicon. Doesn't work at all. Double checked and a stock PS4 controller was fine, but no luck with the minicon.

I guess I'll probably keep it around (should be handy for my HRAP joystick if I want to play a fighting game or something).

Chorazin

Nov 13, 2017
Lancaster County, PA, USA
So...no luck with the Brook converter and the minicon. Doesn't work at all. Double checked and a stock PS4 controller was fine, but no luck with the minicon.

I guess I'll probably keep it around (should be handy for my HRAP joystick if I want to play a fighting game or something).

Did you have the Minicon in PS4 mode? Mine's packed away but IIRC there's a switch on it.

GreenMonkey

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
Did you have the Minicon in PS4 mode? Mine's packed away but IIRC there's a switch on it.
Yes, I double checked with the kids. They mostly play it on the PS4 anyway, but they do occasionally play the older game on the PS3.

We tried both of their minicons also (we have an older minicon that my oldest daughter wore out the switches a bit on, my younger daughter still uses it sometimes).

I ordered the Mayflash adapter, we'll try that out.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
That is weird with the Brook adapter. I don't know why there would be anything special about the minicon that would prevent it from working.

Honestly with the mayflash I expected some amount of troubleshooting would be needed but it just worked :P

Maika_Fan

Oct 28, 2017
To use the new Hori arcade controller with Mega39s you have to download an update and then go into a menu and select you're using an 'external' controller, just a thought but have you tried that?

GreenMonkey

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
Can report that my minicon seems to work fine with my Magic-NS Mayflash adapter. All the button remapping settings are still there so I can map slides to the d-buttons and everything is groovy. Just need for amazon to ship my game now :P

I guess this being the case if the full size controller ever goes on sale again I could pick up the PS4 version with the right buttons free of doubt that it would work with switch too, so that is good at least.

Am I doing something wrong with the Mayflash Magic-NS adapter? I turned on the Switch's Pro Controller Wired Communication setting (which, by the way, made a standard PS4 controller work fine with the Brook adapter over USB).

I can't get any controllers to work on it via a wired USB connection. Not the minicon or a normal PS4 controller, nor did it pick up the Xbox one or Wii U controller. Both of those work via Bluetooth syncing to it just fine.

I'm getting absolutely nothing from any wired controller on it. I also tried a couple of other Switches (we have a lot of them here).

Edit: I tried it just now on my personal Switch (which is on relatively new firmware, but I haven't used it in a couple of months) and the PS4 controller worked straight away. I'll have to fiddle with the kids' Switches more tomorrow and try to figure out what is up.

Last edited:

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
To use the new Hori arcade controller with Mega39s you have to download an update and then go into a menu and select you're using an 'external' controller, just a thought but have you tried that?
When I'm using my minicon with an adapter it worked before I discovered that setting, so it being set to off shouldn't be it.
Am I doing something wrong with the Mayflash Magic-NS adapter? I turned on the Switch's Pro Controller Wired Communication setting (which, by the way, made a standard PS4 controller work fine with the Brook adapter over USB).

I can't get any controllers to work on it via a wired USB connection. Not the minicon or a normal PS4 controller, nor did it pick up the Xbox one or Wii U controller. Both of those work via Bluetooth syncing to it just fine.

I'm getting absolutely nothing from any wired controller on it. I also tried a couple of other Switches (we have a lot of them here).

Edit: I tried it just now on my personal Switch (which is on relatively new firmware, but I haven't used it in a couple of months) and the PS4 controller worked straight away. I'll have to fiddle with the kids' Switches more tomorrow and try to figure out what is up.
When I'm using mine with the minicon I get a blinky red light on the adapter when the system is on. I want to say the adapter itself has firmware you can update too, if you haven't tried that. "Pro Controller Wired Communication" is off for me. 🤷‍♀️ Oh and just to confirm my system switch on the minicon is set to PS4.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Rasec

Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
The Goods for the 2020 Expo will be on sale soon!
mikuexpo.com

HATSUNE MIKU EXPO 2020 USA & Canada | GOODS

MIKU EXPO 5th Anniversary concludes with a USA & Canada tour in Spring 2020!

I'll be keeping an eye out for them to go live, hoping to get a happi and glowstick before the show.

The official Miku facebook said it will be live in the next few days.
They will announce on fb the moment you can order them.

Will all of these also be sold at the Expos themselves? Or do I need to cop one of the EPs off of the site?
In theory all the merch will be sold at the Expos but form my experience in the European concerts it's safer to order from the web since on the days before each expo the merch will also be sold and the Vips will also have priority in buying the merch on the concerts so the EPs and other stuff will probably be sold out when you try to get them.

Just a warning that buying from the site it's safer unless you want a glowstick and your concert is one of the first ones in the list. You could have the risk of not reaching to your home in time before the concert.

Chorazin

Nov 13, 2017

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Happy Miku Day! ^_^

ESmG72YVAAE7RhV

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Sure would be nice if they celebrated Miku day by giving a western release date for MegaMix...

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Sure would be nice if they celebrated Miku day by giving a western release date for MegaMix...
They may think the significance of the date flies over the heads of fans in the west...but the date has come and gone with little fanfare game wise for a while now that expecting anything on the date is probably too much.

catskratch

Oct 25, 2017
Just a heads up, since they announced that Coachella is being postponed, the regular Miku Expo concerts are probably going to follow. Either delayed or cancelled now. The Twitter and Facebook accounts are posting about this update.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So... how does ticketing work? Do I need to contact customer service from where I bought them?

Edit: saw the follow up tweet. Just please, please don't be a massive hassle. I greatly appreciate the delay, but PLEASE don't be a hassle for me when I try and get my tickets for the new date considering I bought VIP within the first hour of them going up.

Last edited:

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Next couple of MegaMix packs are out:

Still no fucking Clover Club, jerks.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Wishful thinking, but maybe SEGA's holding off on a western MegaMix release until all of the DLC packs are made available in Japan, and then they'll just bundle everything together at a discounted price for us. Unlikely, but still possible.

catskratch

Oct 25, 2017
My Miku Expo happi and glowstick arrived today, very fast! Will keep them on standby until we have a concert to attend :)

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Next couple of MegaMix packs are out:

Still no fucking Clover Club, jerks.

This is one of "the classics" that I've just never liked. It's just one song, but the popularity putting it in 3/5 of the Western Miku releases didn't help lol.

Hope it releases sooner than later for y'all though.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Am October 21st for the Dallas show. That's better than September, but yeah optimistic is certainly the proper word.

Chorazin

Nov 13, 2017
No surprise there isn't a physical copy for the west. Glad it's coming out so soon for anyone who didn't import it already. Kinda hopeful the other languages get patched into the JP version like what happened with Taiko Drum Master.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'll wait on a sale due to, you know, current situations. But he price point is fantastic for sure. Have no DLC in Japanese version since they cost so much, so being able to buy the complete edition for $60 in English is very nice. That's like, as much as DLC alone would have cost me lol.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a list anywhere of what songs are in Future Tone but missing from this version?

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a list anywhere of what songs are in Future Tone but missing from this version?
I went looking but haven't found one. In general though Mega Mix has no Edit songs and no FT/Arcade-Exclusive songs, though even given that there are some songs still missing from the Diva/Mirai/F games.