• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix

Demo Available

Price: AUD$60

Supported Languages: English

File size: 13.8GB

Deluxe version available comes with six song packs, price AUD$90

Source: Switch eShop (Australian region)

Last edited:

Deleted member 39144

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Awesome. Hopefully there'll be a physical version as well, although at nearly 14GB, I doubt it. Still, I'll get it regardless.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
YES! I just hope they still follow through with giving it a retail release.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
the creator of Minecraft and writer of Harry Potter finally comes to Switch, incredible

GamePnoy74

Oct 27, 2017
I just got the Japanese physical release via Amazon Japan along with the season pass (and the unlock key cuz I don't have time for that lol) on the Japanese eShop a couple weeks ago...I was thinking there might be a substantial delay in the West due to the pandemic but looks like not really.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Can confirm the demo's available in Europe too, not the US yet though

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Well damn, it's digital only. Shame.

Still, nice price given all the content.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, I thought this would get a summer date, May is much better.

ABCD prompts will have some time to get used to. Does this have PS style prompt option?

AzVal

May 7, 2018
Just tested thee Demo, might decide to purchase based how my finances are then.

GamePnoy74

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, I thought this would get a summer date, May is much better.

ABCD prompts will have some time to get used to. Does this have PS style prompt option?
Game has options for both PS style and arrow prompts.

I want to add, if you're used to 60+fps on Future Tone arcade and PS4 a few song PVs are downgraded to 30fps on Mega Mix/39s. Was odd to me at first but after a couple of replays it gives it a more film-like aesthetic.

Edit: US bundle is $59.99 which includes all the Season Pass song packs...geez a lot cheaper than the Japanese release

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Game has options for both PS style and arrow prompts.

I want to add, if you're used to 60+fps on Future Tone arcade and PS4 a few song PVs are downgraded to 30fps on Mega Mix/39s. Was odd to me at first but after a couple of replays it gives it a more film-like aesthetic.

Edit: US bundle is $59.99 which includes all the Season Pass song packs...geez a lot cheaper than the Japanese release
Even better it's only $44.39 CDN for the base game (the deluxe pack isn't being shown on the page oddly), which is a much better deal for us, as that equals $31.58 USD. Woah.

Edit: $69.99 CDN for the bundled "Mega Pack" and $7.99 CDN for each pack on their own. Or $49.79 USD and $5.68 USD respectively converted. Sega is KILLING it with the pricing! O_o

RampagingSoul

Oct 25, 2017
Sucks that it isn't releasing physically in the US, but I'm glad about the pricing. I will get the bundle at some point, possibly launch depending on funds.

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
I dont......what? This a joke I missed somewhere. I am intrigued.
Notch is shitty in a multitude of ways, so people have been joking about Minecraft not having a creator for a while now:

About a year ago, a Miku parody account took credit for Minecraft after Notch said some shitty stuff about trans people:

...and people ran with it.

JK Rowling also said some shit about trans people, so now people attribute Harry Potter to Miku, too.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
did they already release the switch controller for the game?
Yes, was extremely limited. I'd still probably pick up one if I found it in stock somewhere that ships here, but in the mean time if you have a PS4 mini controller they will work here too with an adapter.

I've been enjoying it fairly well just as a portable miku game, even with all the compromises.

yyr

Nov 14, 2017
White Plains, NY
Does anyone know?
What percentage of Future Tone is actually included in this game?

did they already release the switch controller for the game?

Hori is actually going to be producing more of the controllers. PS4 version as well. Pre-orders only and Japan only, but if you can find a proxy you might have a shot. Pre-orders open until 4/30.

HORI STORE / TOPページ

ジョイスティックもクレジットカードやコンビニエンスストア決済対応!

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Hori is actually going to be producing more of the controllers. PS4 version as well. Pre-orders only and Japan only, but if you can find a proxy you might have a shot. Pre-orders open until 4/30.

HORI STORE / TOPページ

ジョイスティックもクレジットカードやコンビニエンスストア決済対応!

do you know of any hori proxy services?

my girlfriend's b-day is 05/15 and she's huge into miku. she played the shit out of the arcade game in japan.

yyr

Nov 14, 2017
White Plains, NY
do you know of any hori proxy services?

I don't personally. What you're looking for is someone in Japan willing to buy it on your behalf and ship it to you. If you Google "japan proxy buying service" you will find several sites that specialize in this, but I'm not sure how they'd handle pre-orders. I haven't yet looked into it personally because I'm not sure whether I'll be trying to take the plunge.

If you do look into it and find more info than that, I'm sure others would appreciate the info as much as I would!

Marche90

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even better it's only $44.39 CDN for the base game (the deluxe pack isn't being shown on the page oddly), which is a much better deal for us, as that equals $31.58 USD. Woah.

Edit: $69.99 CDN for the bundled "Mega Pack" and $7.99 CDN for each pack on their own. Or $49.79 USD and $5.68 USD respectively converted. Sega is KILLING it with the pricing! O_o
Yup. Regional pricing on this one is fantastic. I was on a wait-and-see aproach, but seeing how much it costs on my country's eShop I had to buy it then and there.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Got my preorder in. I was angry at sega selling old Ft songs as DLC from day one in JP but seeing sega of America do the pricing right makes me real happy

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Is this worth getting if you already own Future Tone (both packs) on PS4? Setting aside the Switch portability aspect, of course.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Digital only? Ehhh, I already have Future Tone. Honestly probably going to pass on this.
Is this worth getting if you already own Future Tone (both packs) on PS4? Setting aside the Switch portability aspect, of course.
Future Tone's going to be getting the new songs, so the only differences will be graphics, portability, tshirt mode, and the Switch waggle mode.