• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
i dont think devs even know theres a new xbox coming out
too busy replaying the ps5 presentation to hear cerny's great oratory

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any? All I seen is some devs saying teraflops don't matter
If MS had any first party developers I'm sure they'd have them out praising the XSX.
giphy.gif

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think the XSX needs the damage control.

This is sort of brutal, maybe a little over the top, but in some ways its true.

The XSX has the clearest and most direct announcement of specs Ive seen in a while. We know everything, and its clearly the most powerful of the next gen consoles at this point. What really is there to talk about? I think the only real discussion point has been about what kind of expandable drive it has and whether it was proprietary or not. Everything else is known.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017

Agreed. They did a better job explaining what the system can do, especially combined with the Eurogamer content.

I love Cerny, but that presentation didn't grab me like the other ones he has done. Can't wait until both companies actually show what both can do at this point.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Most of the PS5-centric dev commentary can and should be applied to the XSX as well. It's just that PS5 is catching a lot of undue flak as a result of confusion.

Both machines are paradigm shifts for console gaming, and neither will constrain the other where multiplatform development is concerned. All this talk of advantages that one has over the other... that shit is being overplayed as ammo for console wars. From XBX's power advantage to PS5's SSD speed advantage. Neither is so significant over the other that they should overshadow the real significant thing - just how far both platform's baseline specs push console gaming far beyond what we're currently used to.

If MS had any first party developers I'm sure they'd have them out praising the XSX.

ok both of these are pretty good

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Everything is straightforward. No need for praise by their devs or the journalists here and there tbh.

nullZr0

Alt account
Banned
Mar 2, 2020
Why do we care? No dev would come out and say, "Development on Xbox is terrible!" They'll do so anonymously through the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.