• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
No, thankfully, but having been recently on vacation at the beach w/ kids and fam with a boardwalk nearby, what the fuck is with the crap beach t-shirts this year?

Trump's head on Superman, on Cap' America, big Pro Trump messages... Made me want to puke.

They do that with every President, but I doubt the Trump stuff sells very well.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
haven't in like 2 years. Seems like something you'd see more in the Midwest. But I do get angry for a sec if I see a red hat

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Yep. At a mall in Massachusetts. A group of teens, the oldest in the group might have been 16, and one of them had the hat on.

Oct 30, 2017
Metro Atlanta here. I remember seeing one guy in school—a very diverse one at that—and he was pretty open about it.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
No, thankfully, but having been recently on vacation at the beach w/ kids and fam with a boardwalk nearby, what the fuck is with the crap beach t-shirts this year?

Trump's head on Superman, on Cap' America, big Pro Trump messages... Made me want to puke.
I was in Daytona Beach in Florida this past weekend and saw a store that was full of these! Like, there's tacky and then there's this shit. I guess they know their audience. Lol.

The weirdest part, though, is that it was the only store that was selling this stuff. Every other tacky touristy store just sold generic tacky shirts and crap.

Last edited:

Travo

Oct 27, 2017
South Carolina

I was going to make a thread about how a campground I've been to for thirty five years was infested with Trump crap. Kids driving golf carts with flags, maga hats, flags over campers. It didn't ruin the experience but did sour me a little. Made me see a lot in the campground as trashy.

Deleted member 45211

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 19, 2018
1. I saw a guy at my local supermarket wearing an Infowars x Trump t-shirt, and I politely but firmly told him this was a place where people bring their kids, and I wouldn't want my child reading that. You can believe what you want but some things are not appropriate for certain environments.

2. At our town pool there was an old grandfather with a MAGA hat. I was about to say the same thing, but then saw him with his 2 grandkids and he was really putting in effort to be a great caregiver and active grandfather, even though you could see that it was physically taxing for him (walking around the splash park and bending over). I still feel that you shouldn't be wearing a symbol of sexual assault, child abuse, and bigotry to a place where families go, but I realized by bringing it up I would ruin the day for his innocent grandkids, so I couldn't go through with it.

Craiji

May 26, 2018
Yes, in Northern California. Was right before the presidential election and there was a group of Trump supporters across the street from a very popular mall, Valley Fair.

Oct 27, 2017
I live in NYC and have only seen it once. It was a family of four in Times Square. Father, two sons, and the wife were all wearing the cap. Were clearly tourists as well.

GustyGardens

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in Los Angeles and have seen a hat, as well as a giant pick up truck that was decked out in Trump stickers. Like, that guy was really going for it.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhat related, but just saw some dipshit with a Biden bumper sticker during my commute home.

GatsGatsby

Oct 27, 2017
West Columbia, SC
I live in South Carolina right square in the middle of a ruby red state you'd think I'd see a lot but I actually don't. Oddly enough I did see someone today wearing one. I noticed him walking past my store looked about my age I'm 29. My stomach turned and I just wanted to walk out my store tackle the fucker and smash his face into the sidewalk.

I see more bullshit stickers than anything else. Anything from trump, guns, don't tread on me along with some radical Christian ones.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
In Ohio I only saw a few. Very rare here but they're out there.

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
Only once. For context I live in the U.K. but have visited NYC (2016) and Chicago (2018). Only person I've ever seen wearing one was this scummy Tory kid in my College Politics class. He 'supported' Trump from day one. I'm pretty sure he bought one solely to see how many people he'd get a rise out of.

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At Houston Airport for a connection. An old, old white guy in a wheelchair. I walked over and told him his guy was going to be dead soon and got off at my terminal.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, a lot here in SC and I saw some last month while on vacation back home to MO. At the Lake of the Ozarks I saw some kind of tractor supply place with a giant banner at the road that said "We have all of your MAGA and Trump 2020 gear right here! Come on in!"

I could see a MAGA hat here every day if I wanted to. If I ever get off work early in the morning and realize we need something at home and go to Walmart, every time I'm at the self-checkout about to leave some old wrinkled bastard comes in to get a paper from right by those stands, looking like a Sith that's been corrupted by the dark side of the force, and he's always wearing a MAGA hat.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I saw someone, in fucking Chile, didnt know if it was chilean or from the usa, but I really wanted to flip his hat

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I live in a Central America country and work at a bilingual school.

There's an American kid there - son of a Mormon mission president - and he has a backpack with MAGA on it.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
No. I'm in South NJ, which has pockets of red, but is generally pretty Dem leaning.

I DO see a fair amount of F-150s with huge US flags mounted in the back, so I am assuming that they keep their MAGA hats at home and weep into their US Flag every night.

I saw some guy wearing a homemade Keep America Great hat at some party, avoided him like the plague.

A neat experiment in logic would be to ask him how America suddenly became great in the past 2.5 years, and what the plan for "keeping" it great is, going forward.

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
I saw a guy wearing one in a restaurant one time. It was around the election but can't remember if it was before or after. I see Trump stickers on trucks occasionally. I'm in North Carolina.

I feel sorry for all the baseball teams with red hats. :(

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, on a subway.

Not surprisingly, it was an old white guy.

And also wrestling:
173eb6950a1166efd285f9d3a1858aba

tumblr_o78abpP6k51rg89a6o1_1280.jpg

stream

Don't get worked into a shoot though.

Deleted member 45211

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
What did he say back to you?
"Well I'm free to wear what I want. All it is, is supporting our President. He's your President, too."

To which I replied, "True, you can wear whatever you want, but just in case you want to consider other people, please know that it makes many uncomfortable and is hurtful. I'm not saying you don't have a right to express yourself. Just be aware that you are in a society where other people are involved."

Then we parted, and a little further ahead an employee asked what we were talking about and he pointed at me, saying "that guy over there was calling my shirt offensive." Which I knew would be how he perceived it, so I walked over again (mind you, neither of us were getting worked up so no one was looking for a fight or anything) and clarified, "Nope! I was very careful with my words and I never said offensive. I just said it might be hurtful to people who care deeply about children and a host of other issues."

To which he mumbled something dismissive, and we both bid each other a good day and went our separate ways. I often go grocery shopping there with my children, and if they were there I probably wouldn't have said anything (my oldest one is 6, so I don't really want to introduce themes like hatred and bigotry yet) but I happened to be there by myself.

--------------

Oh, funny story: another time I was at another store and saw someone with a red MAGA hat checking out right next to me. We were in an organic food market with a lot of young progressives, in a somewhat diverse area, and this was an older gentleman, and something about the situation really got me heated. I turned to get a closer look and confirm that he was really wearing that hat when I read the text more clearly: MAKE AMERICA GAY AGAIN.

Got a good chuckle out of that one, although I felt bad for the people just seeing his hat across the street. It was red and had the same typeface, so it might've been a little too subtle. :/

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
No, although I live in an area of South Florida that votes heavily democratic.

Most I saw was a guy yelling "TRUMP!" in his crappy-ass truck while waiting in line to vote in 2016.