• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've made quite a few friends on Era and on GAF before that. Heck, I've met one or two of them in real life even.

Oct 27, 2017
Era is a very fast paced forum with many, many members. I think it would be difficult to actually be friends with anyone from a forum, but it seems like it's possible given shared interests and such. I wouldn't mind meeting some of y'all IRL ... it would be awkward for like a minute, like "what is your username" but it would be chill lol.

i've made some small E-friendships with other people on other smaller forums with smaller communities (added them on instagram, twitter, snapchat, etc). If anyone here is into trap production or plays guitar,drums,etc then yeah... lets work, send me a DM on twitter or soundcloud: slowdeathhooks

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
No, not really. I've met 2 people on gaf in the past. One of which I already knew, so I don't count that, the other I only met once and have never seen or heard from again.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
We're all friends here. Except for BronsonLee who is somehow simultaneously beloved and reviled.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Most of my online friends are Twitter-based and a few of them post here, yes. Some very close friendships.

Nephtis

Banned
Dec 27, 2017
I've met and friended a couple of people here. But honestly I wouldn't want to meet, or become friends with, the vast majority of you.

laminated

Oct 28, 2017
No, I don't use Resetera for forging relationships. It's purely for information and entertainment.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Considering how fucking extreme you guys can get, no thanks.

Except someone is going to think I mean something like LGBT rights, sexism or racism related stuff and aim for a "gotcha" reply when I actually mean how fucking idiotic how some of you can be about vain shit like videogames, media and why things aren't the same outside the USA.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
On the old website I made friends with a guy who I am still friends with to this day. He even introduced me to my wife. A number of people from the old site were there the night I met my wife. We were all at a bar named "Atlantic Beer Garden" during Pax East 2014.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've made some friends on ERA through my ERA Discord as well as the Community threads. I find it's difficult to make friends in the main sections, you have to go to the community threads for that I feel. The same can be said for GAF days as well. I didn't connect with anyone till community or IRC. (Back when we all used IRC lol)

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've really made any new friends here since joining era but I made a lot of friends on gaf who I talk to often and have met in person.

I am taking applications for new friends for a limited time however. I only ask that you tell me who your favorite idolmaster characters are before submitting them.

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
Embarrassingly, I have wished to befriend the cool mindful people from this forum and the last for 10 years, but never had the guts to approach people. So I am just lurking and envious of formed friendship.

I feel like it has to happen naturally, which hasn't been the case. Ronery on resetera 4lifyu. I have some lifelong friends from teen web browsing, but the urge to approach people has vained since then.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I thought the purpose of this place was to fill the friend shaped void in our lives with the woefully inadequate alternative of faceless online interaction.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
No.

I used to be able to make a ton of friends online back in 2008-2011 through things like ROBLOX, Newgrounds and Minecraft (1 of them I still talk to daily) but I'm mostly suited for real life relationships these days

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. It would be nice to have friends here but nope. Either I'm lurking quietly or replying to the kpop thread whenever I'm free.