• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
yes

zex_vore.PNG
QZOlYFw.gif

Air

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No. I have plenty of meatspace friends and the lot of y'all on this board are downers/ don't have qualities I look for in friends.

There are posters I like, but that's about it

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
No and I don't think I've ever had friends I met online. I hit the lottery with friends in elementary school, we have so much shit in common it's kinda crazy. And they are still my best friends at the age of 26

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
I'm friends with someone who also uses this website if that counts, but our friendship existed before I knew this place did.

I met a couple people from the old place at one of the DotA Internationals, and while they seemed fine, we are not friends (and I also do not remember who they are). I also was not a member yet, so there's that.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
No, but I made many real life friends from GAF. I met my two best friends in college, who I remain very close with (15+ years later), thanks to a thread or post on GAF about a Smash Bros tournament at FSU. The best friends I have in Austin are a couple that we met thanks to a Party Down marathon and a post from another GAFfer who was going to the event. We've been very close to them now for 8 years or so. I have a group of 8 or so guys who I've played FIFA and other games with for the last 6? years or so thanks to GAF. Met up with countless others over the years in real life due to it as well.

Message boards are a great conduit to becoming real life friends.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
I would consider most of CFB Era to be my friends (even if I wasn't invited to your wedding Bucknuticus ).

I recently had lunch with an Era member and it was quite pleasant. Hoping to attend a basketball game soon.

Reminds me- if you live in the RTP area send me a message. I need more folks to watch basketball with.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
A member hosted me for a weekend at his place and saved my vacation. Had a great time, met his lovely family and had great French food. We did not play video game. My girlfriend lost his umbrella. It was cool.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
Well, I've got my friends that I've known my whole life, but we go weeks without seeing each other where as I talk to certain reseters everyday. It's interesting, the times we live in.

Bucknuticus

UCF Super fan! Go Knights!
Oct 25, 2017
I would consider most of CFB Era to be my friends (even if I wasn't invited to your wedding Bucknuticus ).

I recently had lunch with an Era member and it was quite pleasant. Hoping to attend a basketball game soon.

Reminds me- if you live in the RTP area send me a message. I need more folks to watch basketball with.

Must have got lost in the mail along with andycapps

Deleted member 31199

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I knew one guy from another forum before both of us joined GAF let alone here. We have yet to meet offline though.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm always willing to chat with anyone who wants someone to talk to, even if your subject matter bores the daylights out of me!

I'm sure you won't be insufferable, but if you are I'll let you know!

Aureon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
idk, all my internet-made friends were forged in wow raiding. Has been that way for 15 years or so.

Cloggerdude

Just tell me what you need.
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I used to have some pretty solid contacts in the BST thread, especially when I was more active. I don't post a ton anyway, so it's hard to make super close friends, but there are some people that I really enjoy talking to and wish I could get to know better. Ol' googly eyes (Rip) is always fun to talk to.

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
I imagine most of you probably wouldn't like me if we were to meet in person so nope. I also live in a frozen wasteland in the middle of nowhere so coming to meetups etc. is out of the question.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Nope. Between Era and Gaf before it I've been on here for about 6 years or so now. I don't think I've ever talked or played games with anyone on either site and definitely haven't met up with anyone.

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
I've played a lot of R6: Siege with some folks and had some back and forth with others in PM and Twitter. There's some people I might like to know better. I also feel like I may have made a couple enemies, unfortunately. I try not to be too much of an ass, but (like many I'm sure) I kind of vocalize online, so... 🤷 I'm open to meeting new people. If you feel like we might connect over something, PM me.

Last edited:

Tethered Penguin

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
A good amount of y'all are good peeps but to be quite honest, online friendships are kinda tedious.

this definitely isn't a vapid excuse for my lack of communication in this forum or online discussions in general due to my crippling fear of failure