• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Have you been making any progress to your new year's resolutions?

• Yep. I'm trying.

Votes: 27 42.2%
  • HAHAHAH. NO. C'mon, Medi. Who does that stuff anymore? I didn't make any to begin with!

Votes: 37 57.8%

• Total voters

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
I can happily say that I've been accomplishing some of my new year's resolutions.

A year or so ago, I dropped a thread on the site talking about watching the money you spend because I had stupidly blown through so much cash without realizing it. Well, today, I can proudly say that I've been saving up money to the point where I can smile. I checked my bank account a few hours ago and I nearly cried. I'm not a rich guy or wealthy like freaking Bruce Wayne or Tony Stark but it's a great feeling to see an amount in your account and it's well above zero. Last year, I had spent so much cash without realizing it and I promised myself to never let that happen again. You guys gave me advice and stuff which only deepened my love for ya'll. I'm still looking into investing and stuff like that but cutting back on buying stuff is such a great way to save up cash.

Another one of my new year's resolutions was to eat healthier. I've been trying to throw in fruits and salads in my diet. I'm trying to cut back on sugary drinks but man is it hard. I love water but dang. It's hard to resist a Mountain Dew: Code Red.

I'm still slacking on writing. I'm still slacking on finishing Final Fantasy XVI so I gotta finish those.

What about you, Era? Have any of ya'll made any progress towards your new years goals? If you haven't… it's totally fine. Hahah that's actually normal.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Started some, haven't started others. But I did set up a few goals for me to complete for this year. I know that new computer to be built from the ground up will be a fun goal to achieve once I get the funds rolling for it.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Yeah, I wanted to stop procrastinating and actually get my game out by year end. I've been super productive lately and it looks like I'm going to hit that milestone so all smiles.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My new year's resolutions have been to keep getting trim and gaining muscle. I'm struggling with gaining muscle at the top speed, but I'm also remaining skinny and not getting fat, so it's not all bad.

LOLDSFAN

Oct 25, 2017
Yiavd79.png

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
I still weigh a few kilos less than I did at new years, so I'm counting that as a yes.

I'm also refusing to weigh myself today after the pizza I ate yesterday.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I've never really made new year's resolutions, much less keep them. If I want to change something I'll work on doing it as soon as possible.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Actually yes. My New Years resolutions was work on my personal projects at least once an hour four days a week and spend more time with friends and maintaining my relationships, and I have been working at least one hour four days a week on my personal projects while also I talk to friends every other day now, which is a huge improvement over what I was doing before this year started.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh good lord, no - 2019 is on pace to be the worst year of my life.

Some things have been in my control, some haven't. Either way though, off to a disastrous start.

Can only go up from here though, right?

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Actually yes. My New Years resolutions was work on my personal projects at least once an hour four days a week and spend more time with friends and maintaining my relationships, and I have been working at least one hour four days a week on my personal projects while also I talk to friends every other day now, which is a huge improvement over what I was doing before this year started.

That's great, man!
2560x1440 has been pretty great so far I gotta say.

Lol what???
Oh good lord, no - 2019 is on pace to be the worst year of my life.

Some things have been in my control, some haven't. Either way though, off to a disastrous start.

Can only go up from here though, right?

Try to be positive. :)

brokenmachine

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes.

I've committed to drawing for 2 hours and playing guitar one hour everyday. It has been difficult many days but I've gotten to the point I think where it is just something that I do.

The point of this was so I spent less time doing unproductive things and replaced them with something better.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Yes. Work out 3 times a week and put on muscle. Have only missed 1 workout and I already put on 8 lbs.

Last edited:

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
For 2018, I set two goals: Saving a particular amount of money (reaching about 3x my low annual income) and losing a particular amount of weight (92kg down to 80kg). I focused on the money goal, which I succeeded with in November. I didn't think much of the weight, until August onwards and lost 5kg through to the end of the year.

I continued the same two types of goals into 2019. I've lost a further 5kg, with my long-term goal being maintaining at another 7kg or so less. My money savings target I set this time was fairly modest due to inconsistent wages, but it's also caused me to spend less and I'm on track to far pass that.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
1) Work out 5 days a week - check

2) Do a 100 mile hike over a week - check

3) Change jobs to something I'm actually excited about - check

Driggonny

Oct 26, 2017
I don't really do new year's resolutions anymore, but this year has been pretty shit so far so I'm gonna just say no to check that off the list

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yes

Because I didn't make any, and technically last years new years resolution was more of an "April" years resolution and I completed that so I'm good for the next decade

Min

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. I feel like I haven't made any progress, but I'm also kind of content which is making me lazy, maybe after a bad weekend I will become motivated...

dirtyjane

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still abstinent from tobacco, alcohol and weed.
January was the first month I ran consistently, my goal is at least 100km every month February looks like 110 or maybe 120.

Training for the new climbing season also progresses just fine.

Next goal is find a girl and get more productive on a professional level but that can wait.