• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
Long story short, I commute to campus and go to college for basically 12 hours a day. On the days I go, I love to bring the Switch. Well, today was the one day I was careless and didn't realize my Switch and 3 games were not in my backpack... I left them in a lecture hall with 100 other students.

Or so I thought. Apparently my fiance had snatched it when I wasn't looking on lunch and she's been using it for that missing chunk of time. Haven't had a similar panic attack in years.

How about you, Era?

Nov 15, 2017
Not hardware but I dropped my Mario kart super circuit for gba cartridge in the snow on my way home when I was about 12 from the car and didn't realize it. When I started to mow the lawn 4 months later I found the cartridge just sitting in the mud. Took it in, put it in my gba and was able to keep playing it.

Deleted member 4262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My Gameboy Color disappeared at some point but I couldn't tell you when or where. Haven't seen it since my childhood. :( Aside from that, not really. I usually keep my consoles and handhelds at home.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
A relative "lost" my GBA once that I let him borrow. I'm pretty sure he just kept it, he felt bad though and gave me his Xbox that he never actually used to pay me back. Definitely got the worse end of that trade (well not in terms of $ I guess) but it gave me a reason to go buy a GBA SP so it all worked out

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
Years ago when I lived in an apartment, some broke in to only steal the Wii. Literally nothing else was stolen.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I lost a PSP when I was a freshman in high school. Pretty sure a "friend" just stole it out of my backpack though.

DC5remy

Jan 20, 2018
Denver co
I had my ps2 and psp stolen from me while staying with my girlfriend at the time. I am pretty sure my roommate took them, but he denied it and said I was robbed. Only my games and consoles were taken though.

I had that PSP for 1 month :( RIP

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
I had one of those 18 cartridge Club Nintendo 3ds/DS game holders with each slot full, including all the 3ds Zelda games and MonHun4U. My wife and I bought a new house and moved in June. I haven't seen that case since. Weird thing is, I know EXACTLY what box I packed it in, and while I found everything else that was in there(3ds, kindle, glasses case), my game case wasn't there.

We had hired movers who were constantly eyeing my whole gaming collection, and I can't help but wonder if one of them didn't take it.

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
I "lost"my childhood SNES and all my old games for about 12 years. Found them in pristine condition in an old plastic bin in my moms garage about 4 years ago. They all worked perfectly still.

Deleted member 9479

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Had a 3DSXL disappear. From my home. Lost hundreds of hours in Monster Hunter 3G.

Fairly certain we know who stole it but could never prove it so...

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I left my original 3DS on a train once. I filled out a lost and found report but nothing came out of it, and I know for a fact someone took it because a couple months later I saw Pokemon Dream Radar, a game I never bought, on my Club Nintendo account.

Thankfully it wasn't a huge deal because I was already considering a 3DSXL and the game I had in it at the time was Paper Mario Sticker Star, a game I was already getting pretty tired of. Still unfortunate, but could've been worse.

Rocco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Yes. I got my Switch on launch day. A couple of weeks later I left it in the bathroom at work. I got distracted talking to someone, forgot it was in my hand in its case when I walked in, and thought it was in my bag on the way out. I didnt notice for a couple hours and yea, I instantly panicked. I work in a pretty big building for a bank.

Long story short, I went to the front office security, who basically said they weren't sure if it had been turned in, and directed me to corporate security. I walk in, and there are two older guys at their desks, one maybe in his 50's, another atleast 60. I had already lost hope, and was just desperately trying to explain what my Switch case looked like, without saying it was a video game console. They played really coy with me until the younger of the two finally smiled and said, "so you don't think we know what a Switch is"? And pulled it out from his desk. I couldn't thank them enough. Turned out they were both gamers. The younger of the 2 more so, he regularly played Xbox and wanted a Switch. The older one talked about the old arcade days, Pac Man, Donkey Kong and the NES etc. It was pretty surreal.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know where my psp's, vita, or 3DS's are but I know they're here somewhere in the house I just don't know where.

I remember the last time I bought a PSP I found the one I lost under my bed in the back way in the corner a couple months later.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
PS4 and a few games (Witcher 3, Battlefront, MGSV, Fallout 4, Bloodborne) were stolen from me. I eventually migrated to PC because of it, and have loved it.

NexasX

Oct 29, 2017
Every handheld I've ever owned has either had a fatal accident or mysteriously disappeared.

The latter is more egregious to me because I've lost the entire line of Gameboy handhelds up to the DS, and they're never seen again.

I fear for my next handheld console (don't have a Switch).

Soul Unison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I left a Game Gear on an airplane once when I was, like 10.
A stewardess moved me to a row of empty seats so I could stretch out and sleep, but I forgot to grab some of my stuff when I went back to my mom at the end of the flight.
Mom wrote the airline a letter and they said to buy me a new one and send them the receipt.

Aer Lingus is/was pretty sweet.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Lost my white brick Gameboy in middle school. Had Pokémon blue in it. Picked up a Pocket (and then an advance never looked back).

Four years later I'm pulling seats out of my new ride (parents let me drive the van they used to after getting a new one) and out drops that white brick.

Replaced the batteries and the thing still worked. Pokémon blue had fried (literally would not work). But that Gameboy still worked.

16 years later (23 years after purchase) that Gameboy STILL WORKS

forpush

Oct 25, 2017
In my last year of school, on the very last day, somewhere between packing up all my stuff and going home, I lost my GameBoy Pocket with my fully completed Pokemon Silver cartridge in it, I tore my room apart to find it but to no avail, it was a sad time.
I also lost my DS Lite about 3/4 years ago, I hadn't really used it for anything in a long time and I have absolutely no idea where it went to or where I could possibly have even lost it, but it's nowhere to be found all the same. Another sad time.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
First Switch was stolen out of my car. The worst thing was losing by BotW save data, especially right before the 1st DLC came out with the Hero's Path feature.

I was lucky to get a replacement pretty quickly (this was back when Switches were harder to find). Cool thing was, I called Nintendo customer service to ask them to help track my Switch via IP Address. Turns out they can't do that any more, but they did ban my old Switch from online access. About a week later, Nintendo calls me back and the guy says he was sorry to hear about my stolen Switch, and gave me a number to call to buy directly from Nintendo if I couldn't find one. At this point, I had already ordered my replacement online, but I really appreciated the gesture.

Deleted member 7948

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know my NES clone is somewhere in my mom's house, but she's a hoarder so I'll probably never see it again.

TLZ

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A relative "lost" my GBA once that I let him borrow. I'm pretty sure he just kept it, he felt bad though and gave me his Xbox that he never actually used to pay me back. Definitely got the worse end of that trade (well not in terms of $ I guess) but it gave me a reason to go buy a GBA SP so it all worked out
That was very common and happened a lot when I was younger. Say they lost it to keep your awesome game and give you something they don't care about instead.

CONCHOBAR

Oct 25, 2017
I've been pretty lucky in that I've never lost something important or expensive. I do remember an episode from long ago where I thought I'd lost my Game Boy, though.

Thornquist

Jan 22, 2018
Norway
Man, I could never handle taking my expensive electronics around. I'm waay to forgettable with that stuff.

I have a rule outside of the house: Whenever leaving a place/room/area , always count to three: Keys, phone, wallet.

NexasX

Oct 29, 2017
I would love for the next Sony or Nintendo portable console to have a "track my device" feature. I'd probably lean towards the former being more likely than the latter though.

Garth2000

Oct 27, 2017
Lost a n3dsxl on the train coming home.

The train was fairly empty and I got a call from work. I put the ds on the seat next to me thinking I would go back to playing in a minute. The call took longer than I expected and we ended up at my stop. I got off the train still on the call and never thought of my ds again until the next day when I was packing for a trip. Huge bummer.

I still had the case and my carts, plus most of my games are digital, so Nintendo was able to let me transfer them to my new system. Sucked not having it on a plane though

Vibed

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Left my 3DS in a bag on the ground while singing at an outdoor art festival. Half a year later got the N3DS XL when it came out. Lost all that save data, plus an sd card with important shit on it like photos and such.

I alao nearly lost my N3DS (after my N3DSXL started breaking down) in a lecture hall, but luckily I sat in the back and the janitors found it and gave it to the professor.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
No thankfully. I never lost any console/ portable or even physical games. I treat these stuff with care as they're so precious to me more than anything in this world.

Deleted member 11018

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My pinball controller has vanished, no idea where it went. Last time i checked at my parents' i couldn't find it.
It was a nice one, i was a little sad because it brought me hours of enjoyment with computerized pinball games (it plugged on ps2 port and had ps2 input, it functioned as a passthrough for the keyboard and simulated keypresses, simple yet effective, it had full left/right/center nudges and a substantial base, real pinball width).

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
One of those little clamshell Gameboy Advances back in the day. Still no idea what the hell I did with it. It was just missing one day, and hadn't thrown a party or had a bunch of people over anytime soon. It was just gone. I have a feeling my dog tucked it away someplace because he would do that with stuff sometimes, but I never found it prior to moving from that place.

I got really wasted one night with friends and we decided to try hooking my PS3 to a highend monitor to see if it looked any better. The place I was living in was kind of cramped so we had to put it behind the desk where you couldn't see it. I was wasted so I forgot. The next day after work when I come home to play some Red Dead Redemption I notice my PS3 is missing. Rats. GF must have borrowed it, I figured, as her little sister loved playing it but didn't have one of her own. I speak to her later and she has no idea what I am talking about. A few days pass and I figure someone came into my apartment and stole just it - why just that, I don't know. I mention it to a friend and he reminds me of how we hooked it up to a monitor. I am at my desk that moment so I look behind the desk and there it is.