• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Never hardware, but I left my PSP case with all my games in on a plane once when I was about 13.

It worked out great for me though as the insurance company gave me full RRP for 10+ games, so I got hundreds back in return!

Oct 25, 2017
I went through 4 gameboys as a kid because I kept misplacing them in public and I felt so bad about that years later because my parents always had to replace them after a month of me being a fucking punk.

Oct 29, 2017
Part 1:

I used to be at a boarding school so could only play videogames during the holidays. Didn't have an amazing time there so I always looked forward to binge gaming when away from school.

The previous holiday I had bought Mario Galaxy and Prime 3 for Wii. I was absolutely ecstatic to get home and keep playing them during our week long half term.

Arrived back home, opened Galaxy and it was gone. It turns out that our cleaner had borrowed it, along with the rest of my Wii games, 2 weeks ago. Bearing in mind my half term ended on Sunday and she wouldn't be back to clean until Friday of that week, essentially giving me a day and a half. Luckily, Prime 3 was still in the Wii.

I absolutely flipped my shit. Told my parents, they didn't care. Somehow me looking forward to gaming during my limited holidays was not a valid reason to be upset.

I ring up the cleaner, she says she'll bring the games back on Friday.

Friday arrives.

Disks are scratched to shit, manuals all bent, Zelda manual has scribbles on it.

After that I stopped leaving my games in the boxes and kept them in CD cases in a locked box under my bed. Bloody ridiculous to have to do something like that with my own possessions. I specifically said "do not take my games without permission" but my parents clearly didn't think much of it and apparently continued to let her do it.

Part 2:

Soon after this I received an old PS2. As I'd missed out on most PS2 games I picked up the Jak and Ratchet series and a few other games. I also had a few PS2 magazines that came with the demo disks. Of course, I kept all my games in the CD case locked up but just by chance ended up keeping the demo disks in the Jak and Ratchet boxes.

Next holiday I'm back home again, cleaner comes in with my PS2 boxes having taken them AGAIN without permission. Guess what she says?

"Why on earth do you have the same games in different boxes? My kids didn't enjoy them at all."

She had borrowed the demo disks.

All of this happened when I was about 14-15 and it still makes my blood utterly boil

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah my psp + most of the games got stolen at my dads place when there was a break in.

Lucky they never left traces otherwise i would have hunted em down no one freaking steals my gaming stuff lol.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Yep. I lost a beautiful lime green Game Boy Color the same the day it was gifted to me when I was a kid. Man, it hurt.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I lost my GBA SP and Pokémon Red when we moved. Which is ironic considering my GB Micro I still have from that same move...

Mr Punished

Oct 27, 2017
OUTER HEAVEN
Yeah I lost my PSP somehow. Never really used it though so not a big loss, I did want to play those Metal Gear Acid games however, might have to buy another one now that they're becoming an unknown commodity.

FRS1987

Oct 31, 2017
New Jersey
Friend let me borrow Donkey Kong 64 and i went to return it at school once but he refused to take it back and said later. I put it in my bookbag and stuffed both in my locker. End of the day my locker was wide open with the lock missing and only the game missing. I felt so bad.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
A "friend" stole my Game Boy that my father had bought in the US before it was available here.
I'm still pissed about it and I actually encountered said person in a sales meeting a few years ago. He was trying to sell some software to the company I worked for at the time.
Needless to say, he lost this sale because of what he did when he was 9!
I explained it to my colleges after the meeting and they fully agreed.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I lost a book once on a bus ride and had to recover it from lost and found at a depot.

I am way too paranoid of bringing a 400 dollar machine on public transport.

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
Left a 3DS on a train with most of my DS, 3DS and even PSP games. Reported it lost but never got anything back.
Missing games that come to mind include EBA, Ouendan 1+2, Radiant Historia, Smash, Ocarina, Metal Gear Acid 1 + 2, Mahjong Fight Club and the K-On PSP game.

Since the train was in Wales, far away from where I live, I was never able to go to a depot to look for it.

Mrfluffypuff

Oct 27, 2017
Somebody stole my lime green Gameboy color along with Pokemon yellow that I got for Christmas back in kindergarten. It was the only time I've ever taken it to school and it got stolen that same day...I was devastated man...

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
It was when I was around 15, one time around Easter I got hospitalized but was allowed to go home for two days to celebrate Easter, I had a pouch with my Cobalt Blue GBA SP, Pokémon Sapphire, Tetris DX and a few other games with me in a bag. When I was on the train back to the hospital I played with it still and then when I arrived at my stop I quickly put it in the very top of my bag, back in my hospital room I noticed it was gone. My mum surprised me with a Nintendo DS and Mario 64 DS the same day but I'm still pretty gutted losing the nice hardware and my copy of Sapphire :(