• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
For those unaware (probably most of you) Edinburgh holds a month-long Arts festival every August, the biggest Arts festival in the world. The city is absolutely flooded with tourists from all over the world, and naturally prices get jacked up a bit with everything from taxis to 3am kebabs ranging from a £1 or 2 more, to absolute taking the fucking piss levels of extortion. This, though...this is the worst I've seen in all my time here.

A FUCKING TENNER FOR A BAG OF CHEETOS. Still, this is maybe a glimpse into post-Brexit pricing.

staedtler

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Body Shaming
Maybe it'll get people to eat healthier options so they don't look like lumbering slobs

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
For those unaware (probably most of you) Edinburgh holds a month-long Arts festival every August, the biggest Arts festival in the world. The city is absolutely flooded with tourists from all over the world, and naturally prices get jacked up a bit with everything from taxis to 3am kebabs ranging from a £1 or 2 more, to absolute taking the fucking piss levels of extortion. This, though...this is the worst I've seen in all my time here.

A FUCKING TENNER FOR A BAG OF CHEETOS. Still, this is maybe a glimpse into post-Brexit pricing.

Five bucks (American) for a Monster is slightly outrageous, but not too insane, but yeah, the 12 dollar (American) bag of Cheeto's is just hilarious.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Diamond or whatever hdmi cables

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
4 Pounds is just under $5 USD.

I paid almost $7 for a canned Rockstar in Vegas last month :(

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
kanye-apc-white-shirt-608x480.jpg

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
You can buy a 4 pack of Monster in literally any supermarket for like £3. What would that bag of Cheetos cost in the states?

Sure, at an actual supermarket - but I also see individual cans at 7-11 for $3 (£2 something), so that seems like a slight gogue, but nothing crazy.

The Cheeto's might be $3-4, tops? Maybe? If it's your standard supermarket size of a Cheeto's bag of chips.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
True story:

Went to an all-inclusive resort in Mexico for one of my best friend's wedding a few years back. It was hot.as.hell, since it was in the middle of June; and while the alcohol and room were fine, the actual food on the premises was... not appetizing at all. Something about the food sitting out buffet style in this horrible heat - no idea where it came from and no clue how the sweaty, drunk folk were handling it. Just... grossed out. Between the heat and the lack of food, I lost, not kidding, like 12 lbs in a few days. I just couldn't eat this meat sitting out in the sun for hours with flys and everything else buzzing around.

Anyway, last day we're there I realize in the back of the resort is a gift shop with sealed snack foods I'm familiar with. $12 bags of Cheetos. $9 Gatorades. $9 Cokes. $15 Little Debbies. Total, absolute rip-off for garbage food that barely qualifies as nutrients. I don't care. I end up dropping about two hundred and fifty bucks on total fucking trash food that didn't even fill up two plastic bags. Best money I ever spent, and I was an utter hero to the rest of the party.

Anyway.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I'm up in Scotland for the week with work. I normally stay in Edinburgh and then get the train to the office.

This week it was going to cost over a grand to even get a Travelodge. A grand for the fucking Travelodge!

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US
I once had to buy suncreen at a tourist shop on the North Shore of Oahu.

Still paying off the bank loan for that one.

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
That bag of Cheetos is $3.49 regular price and the monster is $2.49 at the store I work at. Gas stations often charge $4-$5 for the same can. The cheetos max their price out since the vendor actually prints the suggested retail price on the bags in these parts.

and mayonnaise comes in jars you heathens, I have to build a mayo display at least once every two weeks. We sell an absolutely disgusting amount of it, even when it's not on sale.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You can buy a 4 pack of Monster in literally any supermarket for like £3. What would that bag of Cheetos cost in the states?

Maybe where you live. Its like £5.50 for a multipack where I'm at. Its typically cheaper to but them individually here lol. Fuck that crisp price though

Disneyland was cheaper than both these offerings though which is kinda hilarious

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One time my roommates in college had a yard sale and were trying to sell these shitty vinyl records for like $20+ per record. It was the most delusional yard sale I've ever seen.

Of course they didn't sell anything and they couldn't comprehend when I was trying to tell them that they'd be lucky to get $1 per record.

synapsidal

Oct 25, 2017
Energy drinks in the US are usually $1.50 at the grocery store, $2-3 at a convenience store, $4-5 at airports/service plazas, $5-7 at concession stands. The Cheetos are insane though even for venue pricing.

Feb 1, 2018
Oct 28, 2017
Those fucking tourist trap shops all over Edinburgh's old and new town are all ran by a few individuals. They're a bunch of bastards and don't aim to compete with each other, because they know its easier for them to extort the populace than to actually try and beat each other at the business game.

My girlfriend had a summer job with one during her University days and she'd be at a new shop almost every single day of the months she done with them. Its madness, fuck em all. I wish Edinburgh's town centre didn't look like such a shithole with all the swathes of fake cashmere tartan tat shops.