• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Flu shot 2019?

• I got mine!

Votes: 199 37.6%
  • I have not received mine yet, but I plan to!

Votes: 215 40.6%
  • I haven’t received mine and don’t plan to out of general irresponsibility.

Votes: 105 19.8%
  • I am an anti-vaxxer and am fundamentally misinformed.

Votes: 10 1.9%

• Total voters

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I got mine yesterday! It was free (I'm in the USA and went to Walgreens).

my mom has an immune system deficiency so and also is a nurse so she has to get it since she Cant fight the flu herself and she also encounters a lot of children.

for those who want one, it is safe and usually has a notable if not huge chance of lowering the rates of passing on or receiving flu. Important, especially since some people who are vulnerable can't or don't have the option to vaccinate before you.

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never get a flu vaccine, and yes, they are free here.

Last edited:

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Got mine a month ago. CVS Minute Clinic, scheduled ahead, in and out in under 10 minutes and it was free

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I've never gotten a flu shot in my life. I get sick, I stay home? It seems like something I hear out of people in the US most commonly. In Europe, it's not really something that's pushed as much from what I understand.

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL
The community event in my hometown had a CVS tent doing flu shots.

I had my 2 kids watch me get the shot.

Oct 29, 2017
Got mine on Friday. Even if I end up getting the flu, if this vaccine makes it less severe by even a single digit percentage, it will be worth it. Flu suuuucks.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I work at a hospital. It is a requirement of employment here. If you do not get a flu shot or present paperwork from a physician stating exactly why you cannot have one, you are terminated.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Getting mine soon for my next dr appt which is coming up

I don't like taking it from a pharmacy store or at work

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
I have to get it for work and Target pays me to do it.

But I usually wait a bit. It's kinda early. Don't they need time to improve it?

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the reminder, I get it for free (work in healthcare) but have to decide in the next 72 hours to take a job offer that would make me have to pay for it like a regular Joe :P

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They recommend you get one if you are pregnant, are over 60 years old, work with patients , or suffer from a chronic disease.

I never got a flu shot and I never had the flu. So, I'm good.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
I know basic hygiene so I don't need it.
thumb_notto-disu-shitto-agen-%E3%83%8E%E3%83%83%E3%83%88%E3%82%B9%E3%82%B7%E3%83%88%E3%82%A2%E3%82%B2%E3%83%B3-not-this-shit-again-memecenter-com-51485323.png

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Got mine back in August. Had the flu last year so I ain't fucking around this year.

bluepolicebox

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, got it a couple weeks ago. I have an autoimmune disease so I try to get it as early as I can since there are so many people proud about not getting vaccines these days. The grocery store becomes a scary place during flu season when you have a shitty immune system. Thank you to those who take the time to get themselves vaccinated to protect those who can't.

CDC: "All persons aged 6 months and older are recommended for annual vaccination, with rare exception."

NeoKnight

Oct 28, 2017
I am getting it today, probably in the next hour!

Definitely get it every year. When I was younger (in my early 20s) I did not take it as I was always said "I'll be fine anyway." But a few year ago I had a small flu, went away in a few days, no big deal, but this odd cough stayed with me for weeks. Screw that, I always wanna be at my healthiest , no matter what day it is. And since this is obviously helpful and super easy to do, get it.

Update: Got my shot. ;)

Last edited:

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
got it at work for free yesterday. The one year that i didn't get the flu shot, I got hit bad. Was out of commission for like 6 days and had to call 20 pharmacies to get my flu and cough meds due to shortages. It was nuts and while getting the flu shot has no guarantee that they picked the right strain, it's better than not getting it, especially since i take public transportation now.

Oct 27, 2017
Getting it next week. I haven't bothered the last few years, but my asthma has been pretty bad the last few months so I figured I would get a jab this year just in case, cover all bases.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Getting it this weekend. I hear the one this hurts hurts a bit. Oh well.

And LOL at the poster who thinks staying clean prevents the flu.

No way is that a serious post. If it is... LOL!

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
I need to get one. Got my daughters first, but I've been sick since. Hopefully within the next week I'll be vaccinated.

Untzillatx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Basque Country
Where I live they're only recommended to elderly people and people with compromised immunological systems.

You can get them if you ask for it, but in general it is not requested out of the general population.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
I will but only old and sick people get it here. I was sick once and i get it every year. Netherlands.

electricblue

Oct 27, 2017
I got mine at work at the family at Publix, all we had to do was fill out a simple form, they didn't ask for insurance or ID or anything, and we got a few $10 gift cards. Cant beat that deal

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
i got mine. but i guess i should have done more research because i didn't get shit for it. didn't realize i would have to shop around for a flu shot

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I need an option for not getting one but being responsible.

EDIT: And to clarify, I don't mean not getting one is reponsible! Just that I am reponsible and I also don't get a flu jab :P

Last edited: