• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Well

• Yes

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • No

Votes: 135 86.0%
  • Someone I know personally

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Got the symptoms but not tested

Votes: 11 7.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dmr87

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Curious to know. I'm not infected (as far as I know) nor is anyone I know personally.

The only one I've heard of is a person that works within the same company as me but in a different city. He recovered after a few days.

Last edited:

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I live in the US so no one I know that wants to be tested can even be tested right now

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I know people who have symptoms, but no one can get tested around here (Seattle), so who knows.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
I was tipped off by a friend that someone in my office has self-quarantined after being suspected of having it. I went to confirm this with one of the team leaders, and he was like, "OMG who told you???" lol

I've learned that the people in charge in my office talk too much, lol

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Not yet. I'm paranoid that I'm carrying it but I'm a bit of a hypochondriac. A few days ago I started to have a dry cough and I'm wheezing a bit when I breathe in, but I have a history with asthma. I want to self-quarantine but I also know when I come back to work they'll need a note, so I'm keeping an eye on my temperature and the second I hit 100.1 I'm calling my doctor. Right now my temperature is around 99.3 so it's within standard range, but I'm checking it about 3 times a day.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
this should be how the "no" option is worded, anyhow. dmr87 - can you actually change that?

Not yet. I'm paranoid that I'm carrying it but I'm a bit of a hypochondriac. A few days ago I started to have a dry cough and I'm wheezing a bit when I breathe in, but I have a history with asthma. I want to self-quarantine but I also know when I come back to work they'll need a note, so I'm keeping an eye on my temperature and the second I hit 100.1 I'm calling my doctor. Right now my temperature is around 99.3 so it's within standard range, but I'm checking it about 3 times a day.

nasal blockage is no symptom associated with COVID-19 fwiw.

Runny nose -> cold
headaches and sore feeling throughout the body -> flu

the typical symptoms for COVID-19 are mainly dry cough and fevers.

Chasex

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, someone I have worked with previously contracted it at RSA (cybersecurity conference) and is now fighting for his life. Dude is only 45 and has twin infants. I knew that some people had been infected at the conference but when I saw the name I couldn't believe it was the same person. This virus is no joke.

edit: Not sure what the policy is on here for these so feel free to remove if needed: https://www.gofundme.com/f/xpcwgy-conquering-covid19

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My dad and grandmother are both ill, but it's hard to tell what they have right now. Both are at higher risks; grandma because she's old, dad because his health sucks. No breathing problems right now, so it could just be the flu. Who the hell knows anymore, not like tests are readily available in this country.

But doing what I can for them, though I'm starting to wear a mask while in close contact (also vigorously washing hands) in hopes I don't contract it too.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
started to get a fever/muscle aches/slight cough last night into today and i'm pretty sure i have something. maybe a cold or flu or worse? but since i haven't knowingly come in contact with a person who travelled overseas and since i'm under 40, i'll pretty much have to ride this out at home since they won't test me right now. working at a very busy grocery store and taking public transit to work every day, i'm not surprised if i did catch it from somewhere, but i can't say for sure.

i think there's tons of similar cases out there right now and this is about to get real bad, real fast.

i think i'll ultimately be fine, though having asthma does give me some trepidation, but i'm way more worried about my 90-year-old grandfather who i live with. he'll be staying with other family while i self-isolate myself. shit sucks

OP
OP
dmr87

dmr87

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
this should be how the "no" option is worded, anyhow. dmr87 - can you actually change that?

nasal blockage is no symptom associated with COVID-19 fwiw.

Runny nose -> cold
headaches and sore feeling throughout the body -> flu

the typical symptoms for COVID-19 are mainly dry cough and fevers.

I can only add options to the poll from what I can tell.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
No thankfully, had a little scare when my mother was showing a few symptoms, but she made a full recovery after a couple days rest. I have a horrible feeling of inevitability though.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
Not a clue, though, considering it takes like 2 weeks before symptoms emerge, I'm certainly gonna be paranoid and more anxious than usual.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
I found out today that two people I know have been confirmed with the virus, one I know personally very well and the other is the boss of a friend who I've met a handful of times.

This is in the UK where we only have 1,100 cases so I was very surprised and as far as I know the two people don't know each other.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
started to get a fever/muscle aches/slight cough last night into today and i'm pretty sure i have something. maybe a cold or flu or worse? but since i haven't knowingly come in contact with a person who travelled overseas and since i'm under 40, i'll pretty much have to ride this out at home since they won't test me right now. working at a very busy grocery store and taking public transit to work every day, i'm not surprised if i did catch it from somewhere, but i can't say for sure.

i think there's tons of similar cases out there right now and this is about to get real bad, real fast.

i think i'll ultimately be fine, though having asthma does give me some trepidation, but i'm way more worried about my 90-year-old grandfather who i live with. he'll be staying with other family while i self-isolate myself. shit sucks

Damn those are some tough choices you've had to make.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Due to potential concerns over medical privacy risks generated by this thread, we'll be locking it, just like the last one. Please refer to our general discussion thread here:

www.resetera.com

Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) resources and discussion thread (Discussion guidelines in OP) COVID - OT

Given the concern and confusion of discussions in the wake of the current novel coronavirus outbreak (aka 2019-nCoV or COVID-19), the team has allowed me to reboot the coronavirus thread with a more comprehensive OP for our members to learn about the disease and its current situation, so as so...

Status
Not open for further replies.