• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Thought it was a great adaptation and instantly fell in love with it. Didn't see a thread on it yet. Thoughts?

Thought it had a brisk pace, great voice acting, solid animation, and a good amount of humor that still appealed to me. One of those things I threw on in the background while my kid played and ended up getting absorbed in. Obviously stretching out a Dr Seuss book into a 13 episode season was going to be tough, and there are a few episodes that missed the mark, but altogether some good wholesome animation. I haven't really watched any kids animation in a long while so don't have any good comparisons or a good reference point.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Can I watch it a house? Can I watch it with a mouse? Can I watch it on a set top box? Can I watch it in Firefox? Can I watch it in a car? Can I watch it in a tree? Can I watch it in a train? Can I watch it in the dark? Can I watch it in the rain? Can I watch it with the GOAT? Can I watch it on a boat? Can I watch it anywhere?

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I watched it with the kids. It's pretty fun, but it bares very little resemblance to the book (but it kinda couldn't given the length disparity).

Ed.

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have always found Seuss character designs to be grotesque and unsettling, so it kinda drives me away.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Watched a few minutes of it to see the demographic and the animation style and even if I think I like the intro style better the animation has money for sure. I will check it out more later but seems very charming.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Watched the first episode, this is really good. Fantastic animation/style - great voice acting - and it's cute/funny.

OniLinkPlus

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Binged the entire thing with some friends in my dorm today. We were screaming and crying at it for a significant chunk. Absolutely amazing show. How did they get something like THIS out of Green Eggs & Ham?!

ChubbyHuggs

Oct 27, 2017
This was my way of finding out there was even a show.
YHqaO8T.jpg

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I saw a bit playing at the arcade bar today and the animation aesthetic looks all wrong to me

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just finished it today. Really enjoyable and cute series.

I feel Sam gets off a little to easy for lying to everyone at the end, yeah what Guy said was harsh but he still never really says sorry for lying to him for so long.

Otherwise great show. Looking forward to Season 2.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can I watch it a house? Can I watch it with a mouse? Can I watch it on a set top box? Can I watch it in Firefox? Can I watch it in a car? Can I watch it in a tree? Can I watch it in a train? Can I watch it in the dark? Can I watch it in the rain? Can I watch it with the GOAT? Can I watch it on a boat? Can I watch it anywhere?
I'm sure all that's possible.

May want to watch out for that goat though.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
thought it dragged a little in the middle & couldve done without the ill fitting pop music they shoehorn in once an episode, but on the whole i enjoyed the show. Every dumb pun gag landed with me

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
13 episodes? Really? Guess I'll check it out as a huge Seuss fan. Thanks for the heads-up.

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
i've watched the first two episodes. I will finish it eventually but not really in any rush

Prof Bathtub

Apr 26, 2018
Yeah, saw the first three episodes. Pretty surreal to see the animation production values and cast for a reboot of Green Eggs and Ham.

But... it is funny how Mr. Kidd and Mr. Wint, henchmen often lambasted for being a gay joke from a widely disliked Bond film, are parodied/homaged so much in movies and cartoons.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, saw the first three episodes. Pretty surreal to see the animation production values and cast for a reboot of Green Eggs and Ham.

But... it is funny how Mr. Kidd and Mr. Wint, henchmen often lambasted for being a gay joke from a widely disliked Bond film, are parodied/homaged so much in movies and cartoons.
I never even knew about these two. Interesting.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
So I heard that this is the most expensive animated feature ever made at about six million an episode and watched it out of morbid curiosity. It's got a lot of charm and heart! And I don't consider myself a Suess expert but I was surprised to recognize references here and there and the it was actually delightful that the show is an elaborate setup to get to the green eggs and ham speech. I mean, that's not the heart of the show but it is the frame of it. Pretty cool.

And yeah, there are so many dad puns. I love it.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
I'd love to see Netflix dabble with other Dr. Seuss properties in an animated format like this.