• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
So ever since I got the PS4 Pro it has struggled to find the signal after being turned on when set to 4k. It sometimes takes minutes. My Xbox One S and PC which are also 4k don't have this issue. But recently I noticed it's happening to the PS3 too. It never happened to it before, and it doesn't even do 4k of course.

It's gotta be some handshake issue. I've tried different cables, ports, switchers, it stays the same. Anyone else having these problems?

TV is a Samsung JS8500.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
What worked for me was disabling HDCP in the PS4 system settings. Haven't had an issue since.

OP
OP
Kyle Cross

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
What worked for me was disabling HDCP in the PS4 system settings. Haven't had an issue since.
I use my PS4 for YouTube and Twitch a lot. Also the PS3 can't disable HDCP. The PS3 bleeps out whenever there's a change of resolution. PS4 just struggles when you turn it on.
It takes 5 seconds to enable HDCP, or just use those apps on the TV OS.
I'm sorry, but that just isn't a solution. It's ridiculous to have to keep turning it on and off. Also the TV apps on my TV are terrible.