• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god, I totally forgot about that. It has a whole section right on the HBO app. Disregard lol.

But in general, it shocks me how little visibility hispanic people have in mainstream media. Like, there's almost 60 million of us in this country.
It doesn't shock me because you have primarily immigrant families of various Latino ethnicites and races that came to America when it's culture and history was already formed through the binary lens of Black and White. Not to mention, the close proximity to Latin America and ease of accessing their media.

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god, I totally forgot about that. It has a whole section right on the HBO app. Still wouldn't hurt to highlight some stuff on their main channel.

But in general, it shocks me how little visibility hispanic people have in mainstream media. Like, there's almost 60 million of us in this country.
Netflix is doing a better job on that front than HBO when it comes to original content. Still could be a whole lot better of course.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
It sort of seems weird to see Zendaya going from Disney family shows to a network like HBO cause of some of their content lol. Good for her though. I still don't have HBO yet so maybe I won't even end up seeing these shows.