• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Part 1 is up.

I wont spoil much, but here's the synopsis: A 13 year old girl was brutally murdered in her bedroom. The most inept cops in the world you can imagine fuck up the crime scene. CBI (India's FBI) arrives at the scene, gathers remaining evidence. I wont spoil the rest, but rest assured there is a massive backlash and outcry.

Give it a watch, it sets up the whole incident very nicely.

OP
OP

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
The media frenzy shown is something else.

When CBI takes over, it's like there are finally adults in the room.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I watched this, wasn't aware of this case before hand.

Boy it was a roller-coaster. This would be a good contender for the "best documentaries" topic in OT right now.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
RustyNails

Got a question, maybe I glossed over it a bit but I didn't understand the segments where they had an extreme close up of the young Nepali guy and it sounded like he was hyptonized to give information with a lady asking him questions.

What was up with that ?

OP
OP

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
RustyNails

Got a question, maybe I glossed over it a bit but I didn't understand the segments where they had an extreme close up of the young Nepali guy and it sounded like he was hyptonized to give information with a lady asking him questions.

What was up with that ?
The first CBI investigation pinned the culprit as the Nepali worker. But there was no hard evidence linking him to the crime, just circumstantial. The CBI made him take the Narco test - basically give him drugs and keep him between conscious and semi-conscious state. The idea is that this stage inhibits the part of brain that makes you plan and whatnot, effectively stopping him for lying. They call the drug cocktail "truth serum". Under the serum, the guy admitted to murder. The Indian courts threw that out as Narco tests dont classify as evidence or confession.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
The first CBI investigation pinned the culprit as the Nepali worker. But there was no hard evidence linking him to the crime, just circumstantial. The CBI made him take the Narco test - basically give him drugs and keep him between conscious and semi-conscious state. The idea is that this stage inhibits the part of brain that makes you plan and whatnot, effectively stopping him for lying. They call the drug cocktail "truth serum". Under the serum, the guy admitted to murder. The Indian courts threw that out as Narco tests dont classify as evidence or confession.

Gotcha, thanks !