• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Honestly, what is the point of this when the best content is already on HBO GO and NOW. Or are those going to be gone, and the price raised for access to stuff that doesn't really interest me. Also how is this supposed to make them money when I already get HBO streaming through my cable package?
It's $15/month (for now...), the same price for HBO but with way way way more content.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
cool, if my HBO account that's linked to my Amazon Prime account just turns into Max then that's neat. if not I guess i have to make a whole separate account?

$15 is nothing.

CrewShadow

Feb 5, 2018
Has there been any word on how many screens they will support or even profiles? I know its a decent way aways, just figured I'd ask.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, pretty much inevitable. I hate the crave app. The quality is shit on a 4k PVR and I can't even get the tv app to run.

So annoying watching massive budget tv shows like GoT on something with nasty crushed blacks, pixilated scenes, etc. Not to mention you pay through the nose for the "privilege".

$19.99 CDN. It's a bit much. Yeah. And yeah the quality is occasionally abysmal. We did watch The Expanse on it and the picture quality was pristine. (On the Samsung TV app)

Decado

Dec 7, 2017
$19.99 CDN. It's a bit much. Yeah. And yeah the quality is occasionally abysmal. We did watch The Expanse on it and the picture quality was pristine. (On the Samsung TV app)
Maybe I'll try to get the app running again. The Expanse on the PVR crave app vs Amazon Prime...AP looks so much better. Like going from SD to HD.

Side note: stoked for the new season of The Expanse. Pls be 4k HDR...

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like Crave will be it in Canada, given how HBO content is tied up with that. That will mean all the non-HBO content on HBO Max (Friends, etc.) will need a different streaming home in Canada. Interesting times ahead.

I predicted this months ago despite my foolish hopes in this thread but I'm still disappointed regardless. Maybe in 5-10 years HBO will end the Bell partnership. Can't even develop a PS4 app on time or get good quality streams. Bell should be hiring for the division but they'd rather do deals and advertise.

I hope the BBC yanks Doctor Who from Crave eventually.

Deleted member 49179

Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Maybe I'll try to get the app running again. The Expanse on the PVR crave app vs Amazon Prime...AP looks so much better. Like going from SD to HD.

Side note: stoked for the new season of The Expanse. Pls be 4k HDR...

I don't know how it is with the other platforms, but on anything Apple (iOS, iPadOS, tvOS) the quality is pretty good. It's a good quality 1080p stream. I usually watch Crave using the Apple TV, and even upscaled to 4K the quality is more than adequate.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
I have bad news for you if you were hoping they would cut ties:
variety.com

Sky and HBO Strike New Programming Deal

Sky has secured its pipeline of HBO content under the terms of a new deal.

God damnit, well .. at least I'll know where those shows will be. It's a good thing Sky melt like butter when it comes to discounting the service when I threaten to leave them.

Its looking like I'll have Sky Q, Netflix, Prime and D+ at this rate. Yikes haha.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
For my Mexican compatriots, the service is also coming to all Latin America. HBO just purchased the company that handles all rights in Latin America (well, except Brazil).

9101d04dcc51376a740c7e7c00562872.jpg

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
If HBO GO is GOing away, seems likely i'm not going to get Max for free
We'll see what they do with this.. I already have FIOS w/ all HBO channels so was already getting HBOGO for "free". If the same doesn't apply to HBOMax, it's bullshit.

Particularly if they're giving it to DirecTV, AT&T etc customers.

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Looks like Crave will be it in Canada, given how HBO content is tied up with that. That will mean all the non-HBO content on HBO Max (Friends, etc.) will need a different streaming home in Canada. Interesting times ahead.
That is completely garbage. What the fuck, man. Fuck Bell, screw Crave. Not going to subscribe to their shit service.

I had a feeling this was too good to be true for Canada.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
seriously, what's the diff between HBO Go, HBO Now and this HBO Max?

Why does it gave me Iphone SE, Iphone X, Iphone XS vibes?

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle

Why does it gave me Iphone SE, Iphone X, Iphone XS vibes?

HBO go - folks with cable subs, their tv anywhere app

HBO now - folks accessing hbo without cable (directly through hbo or through amazon for example)

HBO Max- Warner media

They want to upgrade most of the other hbos into max

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017

HBO Max is the Warner Bros' equivalent of Disney+. It gives you way more content than HBO Now / HBO Go.

It has content from HBO, TNT, TBS, CNN, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and Turner Classic Movies. Even select Crunchyroll content.

It also has all of the Warner Bros films and Studio Ghibli films.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I wonder if they need to keep Go because of movie licensing. I might be wrong but I think HBO still licenses movies that are not from WB. Will these all be available on Max?

Otherwise I agree, it's confusing to keep all of them around unless HBO subscribers won't always get Max for free.