• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind the speed. In fact, I could watch hours of other people reacting to google image searches of monsters.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like how this show isn't trying to shove twists down your throat and is instead slowly revealing what's going on. Feels like an anomaly in today's writing.
My feelings as well. Also weird how some scenes of this latest episode were filmed a block away from me and I never noticed.

Really enjoying the show so far. It's a slow burn but a good one.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
I like Holly and I'm worried she's going to die as she get closer.

Holly: You said IT.
IT extended universe

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Holly will die-as she's a pretty big recurring King character. But who knows, maybe they'll throw a curve ball.

I really love her actress-this is a great role for her.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it was my mood but that episode did very little for me. I think Holly is just a bit silly and unconvincing and this time she was tasked with carrying almost every scene. Hopefully an anomaly

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
my only issue with this show is that they chose 3 actors who play prominent characters and look very similar to each other

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
It's a good show. I've not read the book. But the problem with the last few eps is that we know more than the characters.

It's a slow realization for the characters. But for the rest of us even if I don't know all the specifics have a pretty good idea what's happening.

Which makes this slowly paced show feel like molasses

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
The scary painting google search scene was super lame that was literally just the first couple of results when you google scary paintings. I was expecting some orignal art at least I guess it's realastic but come on you got a shape shifting monster I can deal with google results being fake.

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
Have not read the book but I just wanted to say that after rewatching, the 'melty face' hooded stranger is definitely wearing a mask. No way the show would just use an old mask and dim lighting, pretty sure the character(s?) is wearing a mask. But I don't really know.

maigret

Jun 28, 2018
my only issue with this show is that they chose 3 actors who play prominent characters and look very similar to each other

Who?

I have been having trouble with the actor playing Ralph, mostly because I find the performance weirdly understated. He also looks a lot like John Kasich which is very distracting.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
Who?

I have been having trouble with the actor playing Ralph, mostly because I find the performance weirdly understated. He also looks a lot like John Kasich which is very distracting.
The main character, the strip club owner, the detective who
was just marked by the demon
I don't mind the speed. In fact, I could watch hours of other people reacting to google image searches of monsters.
yeah that part had me double checking that i was indeed watching an HBO show and not something on CW

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Paddy Considine and Ben Mendelsohn don't look alike lol. Maybe Ben and the other detective I guess.

RC0101

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really enjoying it. I do wish I could just binge every episode since I forget what exactly was happening week to week.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I started this last night and was hooked instantly. Now the wait between episodes is gonna suck.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For all the great camera shots the last 5 minutes google image search funtime at the end of ep 4 pretty much undid all my good will.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is like a good, long, drawn out episode of X-files.

Ben M is great overall, but the optics of him getting tough every once in a while (throwing the guy out of the restaurant was the latest example), just doesn't suit the character or fit/work well for me.

Conversely, even though my brain was fighting it, I very much enjoyed that tense bath scene running google image searches for monsters.

Like 'the night of' it's a mixed bag, really good in parts.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who went through the audiobook immediately when it came out (narrated by Will Patton) and read the actual book shortly after (and imagined Will Patton as Ralph the entire time), Ben Mendelsohn is pretty much the next best thing. I was highly skeptical he could do this role well, but now I am a believer.

Still wish it was Will Patton though.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who went through the audiobook immediately when it came out (narrated by Will Patton) and read the actual book shortly after (and imagined Will Patton as Ralph the entire time), Ben Mendelsohn is pretty much the next best thing. I was highly skeptical he could do this role well, but now I am a believer.

Still wish it was Will Patton though.
I don't, only cause he never ruined the Mr. Mercedes books because his terrible Holly voice. Hell, he's the reason I hate the character and I hope he's not back in the new book that features her 😅

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I was really intrigued at first, but the last couple episodes have done nothing for the plot.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This episode felt like the wheels were just spinning. I felt that way about Watchmen towards the middle of the season, so hopefully this recovers too. Ultimately, I have a feeling it's a 10 episode show that should've been 8.

maigret

Jun 28, 2018
Anyone know the type car that Holly drives? I think it may be a Ford Pinto but not sure.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Loving the show a lot, but it didn't need 10 episodes.

Yeah I agree with this. Especially since I'm this episode I expected Holly to be in NY still but she's just back in Ohio and they didn't even clarify that at first.

It looks great, good acting and I'm intrigued by the story but the pacing is off and from what I know they've really messed with the structure of the book.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Loving the show a lot, but it didn't need 10 episodes.
That depends on where they're going with it. Just because on it's based on the book doesn't mean they can't do more than the book did with it. Stephen King is overlooking the whole thing, so maybe he wanted to do some extra things that didn't make it into the book.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
It had a pretty good start but it feels like each episode it kinda losses more and more steam. Also, it feels like each episode has one really dumb scene like everything with the exposition prison grandma. God, what an awful set of scenes.

maigret

Jun 28, 2018
It had a pretty good start but it feels like each episode it kinda losses more and more steam. Also, it feels like each episode has one really dumb scene like everything with the exposition prison grandma. God, what an awful set of scenes.

Exposition grandma is a remarkable plot device. She just happened to be sitting next to Holly in the visitation area of the prison, overheard her conversation and then invited her home to talk about chupacabras.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Exposition grandma is a remarkable plot device. She just happened to be sitting next to Holly in the visitation area of the prison, overheard her conversation and then invited her home to talk about chupacabras.

You know who will come get you if you're bad? El Cucuy.

images