• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Limited series (1 season) on HBO this January.

This is from Richard Price: a writer for The Night Of, The Wire, and The Deuce.

Last edited by a moderator:

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
Could we have a new True detective on our hands?

True detective was a show I didn't expect to be as good as it was and maybe The outsiders can reach that.

I truly hope so.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Reading the Outsider was brutal. But also kind of served as a nice inversion of a typical horror trope

the big bad really isn't powerful, but a community's/person's own fears and bloodlust extend the big bad's reach

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
Started reading the book after finding out Ben Mendelsohn was in this. I'm in the last few pages of it, and the first half of the book is fantastic. I'm hoping they alter up the ending, because the twist has not been nearly as exciting as the build up.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
Having read the book The Outsider is NOT true detective at all.

I'm not talking about a direct comparison, true detective has a great atmosphere, it was a bit surreal and had a great mystery to it that many shows lack and that it was dark in a way that most TV shows aren't. I hope the outsider can capture some of it.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not talking about a direct comparison, true detective has a great atmosphere, it was a bit surreal and had a great mystery to it that many shows lack and that it was dark in a way that most TV shows aren't. I hope the outsider can capture some of it.

If that is the story your looking for I'll think you'll be disappointed.

I personally loved True Detective and this novel but if this follows closely to the novel the mystery will be solved in episode 2 or 3.

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
If that is the story your looking for I'll think you'll be disappointed.

I personally loved True Detective and this novel but if this follows closely to the novel the mystery will be solved in episode 2 or 3.

What was your understanding of what I wrote? because I feel as if we don't understand each other or maybe it's me, which would be fair I'm not doing a good job of describing what I meant.

If you don't want to get into it than it's alright, anyways The outsiders looks very interesting, HBO is really delivering it with True detective S1 and Sharp objects.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I read the plot summary for the book on Wikipedia and it didn't seem good tbh

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
looks great. Wonder what this means for Ozark, then again the upcoming season is the third, which seems to be the magic cancel number for Netflix so...

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm one of those that liked the book plus you get that HBO quality so personally I cannot wait for this one.

For what it's worth King was sharing the trailer on Facebook (normal he does that for most adaptions) and praising it saying it may be the most quality adaption of his stuff ever( a lot rarer sort of praise, even when promoting he will usually be honest when he thinks it's shit.)

And third as someone else said if King stuff is your alley you should be watching Castle Rock S2. As for those saying I saw season 1 and didn't like it, not convinced, ended with a thud...Trust me watch S2. Those who hated S1 but wanted to love it actually maybe more important than randoms when I say S2 is just a whole upper level of everything from S1.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
And third as someone else said if King stuff is your alley you should be watching Castle Rock S2. As for those saying I saw season 1 and didn't like it, not convinced, ended with a thud...Trust me watch S2. Those who hated S1 but wanted to love it actually maybe more important than randoms when I say S2 is just a whole upper level of everything from S1.

Is S2 done?

I liked S1 until the final ep, so no matter the praise I'm not touching S2 until the final ep has aired and isn't a complete non-ending letdown like S1.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is S2 done?

I liked S1 until the final ep, so no matter the praise I'm not touching S2 until the final ep has aired and isn't a complete non-ending letdown like S1.
Almost and there is no way it could have a non-ending. Plus even as a completely seperate anthology style story, it does address the kid so those who didn't like the ambiguity may get closer to the answers they were looking for, can't say much more than that without spoiling though.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
what's up with the nonstop King adaptations the past few years

this looks really good though

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Limited series (1 season) on HBO this January.

This is from Richard Price: a writer for The Night Of, The Wire, and The Deuce.

giphy.gif

Trailer looked already interesting, but this sold me.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there is an OT, but just as a reminder this starts tonight @9pm ET.

Reviews seem to be rather positive, even though only 6 eps out of 10 were screened.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I've never read the book but I'm loving this so far. Really fascinating stuff and the tone is excellent.

fade

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just booted the 2nd ep. Feels like a really well done X-files 2 parter so far.

Nif

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I didn't know it started tonight. I looked around HBO this morning to see when their new shows were starting, but they were pushing Curb much more, so I thought this was a couple weeks away. I'll have to watch tomorrow.