• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brood

Nov 8, 2018
If Marseille ever going release a cable for the PS2 they will be drowning in money.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
the way the mclassic upscales to 1440p is amazing. Its close to native imo. Looks great on my monitor.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My B7 supports 1440p when I create a custom resolution in windows. But yes I not believe the resolution itself will pop up for anything else unless created. If that makes sense.
In Windows custom resolutions often use a higher one and the GPU scales the custom resolution to the higher one (probably 4K), can you check on your TV what signal is received ?

On Xbox One X if I set it to 1440p my TV clearly displays "1440p60", with my PC it still sends a 4K signal with a 1440p upscaled picture.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
Nintendo should have put something like this natively on the dock of the switch ! really,, for me, it's game changing. The game on switch look finally clean.

HoodedSoldier

Sep 29, 2018
In Windows custom resolutions often use a higher one and the GPU scales the custom resolution to the higher one (probably 4K), can you check on your TV what signal is received ?

On Xbox One X if I set it to 1440p my TV clearly displays "1440p60", with my PC it still sends a 4K signal with a 1440p upscaled picture.
If I have time today I will check it out for ya. NP

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got a notification that my order is about to be fulfilled. Finally.

My contributor ID was in the 5000s but somehow my order fulfillment number was in the 7000s

Deleted member 12317

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting, I just looked into it. Looks like it forces a DoF effect though with no way to disable. Is that correct? I'm just looking for AA and better upscaling.
DoF ? No, where did you see that ?

It just apply an AA filter, changes a bit colors and contrasts and adds a slight sharpening effect (not overly done). There's no depth of field added at all. If you were checking some Link's Awakening screenshots, it's by default in the game.

It's also cheaper because this time it's just an HDMI dongle with a very short cable (20 cm), Gaming Edition was a longer high quality cable (from 1 m to 3 m), raising the price.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DoF ? No, where did you see that ?

It just apply an AA filter, changes a bit colors and contrasts and adds a slight sharpening effect (not overly done). There's no depth of field added at all. If you were checking some Link's Awakening screenshots, it's by default in the game.

It's also cheaper because this time it's just an HDMI dongle with a very short cable (20 cm), Gaming Edition was a longer high quality cable (from 1 m to 3 m), raising the price.
The mClassic website. Says there is DoF and sharpening in addition to SMAA filter. Options for processing on/processing off/processing 4:3. So no way to get the SMAA without the other BS, unless there is a PC settings app or something? That's why I mentioned it.

www.marseilleinc.com

mClassic

Marseille mClassic is the world’s first plug and play graphics card for game console. It creates stunning visuals. Marseille's Advanced algorithms analyze every pixel in real time to produce a sharp, beautifully balanced picture, with enhanced details and color clarity exactly as the game...

Deleted member 12317

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The mClassic website. Says there is DoF and sharpening in addition to SMAA filter. Options for processing on/processing off/processing 4:3. So no way to get the SMAA without the other BS, unless there is a PC settings app or something? That's why I mentioned it.

www.marseilleinc.com

mClassic

Marseille mClassic is the world’s first plug and play graphics card for game console. It creates stunning visuals. Marseille's Advanced algorithms analyze every pixel in real time to produce a sharp, beautifully balanced picture, with enhanced details and color clarity exactly as the game...
Indeed, weird, I did not notice that at all, even on their comparison there's no added DoF.

Maybe they want to say that their algorithm does not try to sharpen things that are purposely blurred by the game's DoF ?
The comparison is more detailed and sharper, so I don't get their DoF implementation.

Anyway, I did not notice added DoF on the few games I played.

The sharpening effect is subtle, it gives a better image and it's not overdone.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
mclassic on PS3 with infamous

mclassic off
2019100219152041lujcs.png

mclassic on
2019100219145485sck5p.png

one more example in the links bellow
on https://abload.de/img/2019100219120317ggkl5.png
off https://abload.de/img/2019100219113727fpj6z.png

Split/second on PS3

mclassic off
2019100220430263jzj7d.png

2019100220484282nukpi.png

2019100220485183f4jha.png

mclassic on
201910022042380963j5d.png

2019100220494028wjjn5.png

2019100220495316vtj6r.png

Last edited:

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Will I get any loss in quality if I hook up an mClassic to an HDMI Switcher? Anyone tried it? I'd rather go that route than buying three separate units for three separate consoles.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Both games seem to have sharpening in both shots, were they really that bad originally or does the cable add sharpening even in OFF mode?
I would need to test it with the mclassic completely disconnect to see if there is any difference vs just connecting directly with a regular HDMI cable.

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
So I just purchased and did a quick test with the mCable Gaming Ediiton. I honestly thought this would likely just be something that adds "a little" bit of quality to the image. But I just tested it with a Dreamcast that was outputting directly to HDMI through VGA using a Pound HDMI converter, then plugged the mCable into that and into the TV directly. Loaded up Resident Evil 3. Literally no jaggies. Like... pure magic. The picture quality is unreal. This is the closest I've come to a literal accessory that just feels like magic.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For anyone in Europe I'm selling mcable gaming 6 feet for half price I sold my 2nd launch switch so I don't need it anymore

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
So I just purchased and did a quick test with the mCable Gaming Ediiton. I honestly thought this would likely just be something that adds "a little" bit of quality to the image. But I just tested it with a Dreamcast that was outputting directly to HDMI through VGA using a Pound HDMI converter, then plugged the mCable into that and into the TV directly. Loaded up Resident Evil 3. Literally no jaggies. Like... pure magic. The picture quality is unreal. This is the closest I've come to a literal accessory that just feels like magic.

Yep.

Its interesting how we all felt like this on 2017 and people keep getting surprised now in late 2019. There are multiple topics here and in the old forum, with hundreds of "with" and "without" comparisons as well as known YouTube channels (Digital Foundry for example) reviewing it, etc.

People are just skeptical nowdays.

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Yep.

Its interesting how we all felt like this on 2017 and people keep getting surprised now in late 2019. There are multiple topics here and in the old forum, with hundreds of "with" and "without" comparisons as well as known YouTube channels (Digital Foundry for example) reviewing it, etc.

People are just skeptical nowdays.

I honestly don't blame people. A lot of us went through many years of "high end AV cables" like Monster being marketed to give "the best picture & sound". It's really easy to just assume everything is BS. But when you see it in person, it's quite something.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
I honestly don't blame people. A lot of us went through many years of "high end AV cables" like Monster being marketed to give "the best picture & sound". It's really easy to just assume everything is BS. But when you see it in person, it's quite something.

I completely understand, I was also wary of the whole thing, but as soon as I saw some in depth comparisons I bought one...and then another one(and those where the 2017 versions).

They really work.

My point is that there are years now of comparisons and reviews from reliable sites, yet people are still skeptical.