• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Koklusz

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks to the modding community, you can now play on PC Hi-Fi Rush and Lost Planet in true, native HDR! (more games like Arkham Knight and Deus Ex Mankind Divided are coming soon).

www.nexusmods.com

RenoDX - HDR - Bloom - Color Grade

Rewrite of the DirectX12 shaders for HDR, bloom, and color grading.

www.nexusmods.com

RenoDX - HDR - Color Grade

Game mod to add HDR as well as realtime color grading options.

There is also a version of the mod for Cyberpunk 2077, it fixes the infamus black level as well as adds a bunch of visual option (like vignette, bloom and color grading strength)

www.nexusmods.com

RenoDX - HDR - Bloom - Vignette - Color Grade - Film Grain

Rewrite of the DirectX12 shaders for HDR, bloom, vignette, LUTs, color grading, and film grain.

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
Any reccos for Stellar Blade on a G3? I found GamingTech on YouTube a bit vague this time.
Think the best to do is let everything at default. Brightness not only change specular highlights(i.e. explosions) but also the average picture. Do have to say that hdr looks mighty good on my s95c. Only weird thing is that i needed to activate hdr in the games menu, this is the second game i played that does this (like a dragon a man who erased his name also does that)

Koklusz

Oct 27, 2017
More native HDR mods:

Tunic
www.nexusmods.com

RenoDX - HDR Mod

Adds HDR and rewrites the DirectX shaders for HDR and color grading.

Deus Ex Mankind Divided
www.nexusmods.com

RenoDX - HDR Mod - Color Grade - Effects

HDR Mod and rewrite of DirectX shaders for HDR, color grading, and effects.

L.A. Noire
www.nexusmods.com

Batman: Arkham Knight
www.nexusmods.com

Koklusz

Oct 27, 2017
Would any of these mods work on Steam Deck too?
They are based on the Reshade add-on system, if that works on Deck, the mods should too (I don't have a Deck so can't really comment on it myself).

On the second thought, Deck is using DXVK + Wine to translate DX calls to Vulcan, so that might be an issue.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Hey EvilBoris, do you have any insight on HDR10+ Gaming? I got an S95D today, and two games are activating it on PC.

Cyberpunk has it as an option that only shows up if it's enabled on the TV. The description says it disables the TVs tone mapping, so seems basically like HGIG. I also don't really see any differences between it off and on, or between Basic and Advanced when they're configured the same.

The other game is the Wizard game. This one's weird because I can't find anything saying that it has it, but it automatically activates if it's enabled on the TV. There is no toggle.

Both games still have the HDR calibration screens, and both still work changing the sliders around so I'm not really sure what it's doing.

I just thought it was interesting that there seems to be nothing saying one uses it - even the HDR10+ site says the only two games are Cyberpunk and The First Descendant. It's also funny that in the less than one day I've had with this TV I've played more native HDR10+ games than than the years of Dolby Vision.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
It is, essentially, an auto HGIG mode. So if you already have HGIG enabled, HDR10+ is pretty much useless.

Well that's disappointing. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised though, considering what DV Gaming is.

Edit: So whenever Cyberpunk launches with HDR10+ enabled, it resets the in-game peak brightness to 1500 nits. That's about right for this TV, so at least it's doing something.

The other game no longer shows as 10+ though. Don't know what happened last night, maybe the TV got stuck in that mode after exiting Cyberpunk. Though I just switched again, so I dunno.

Last edited: