• An old favorite feature returns: Q&ERA is back! This time we'll be collecting questions for Remedy Entertainment, makers of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Quantum Break, and Control. Members can submit questions for the next 2 days, 3 hours, 16 minutes, 11 seconds. Submissions will close on Dec 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM.

HDR games analysed

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Got Shadow of the Tomb Raider and I can't just do the HDR Calibration on my C8. Supposedly I should make the white rectangle full white but it never goes full white even with cracking up HDR Luminance.

God I hate these HDR calibrations...

sora bora

Oct 27, 2017
Would suggest similarly for the 25/30 foot versions?

iirc, people start hitting HDMI (HDCP?) handshake problems the longer the cable is. While I have had such issues with my PS4 Pro regardless of cable, I did try some off-brand via Amazon and it increased such issues exponentially. To the point where I returned it.

Dez

Oct 27, 2017
Got Shadow of the Tomb Raider and I can't just do the HDR Calibration on my C8. Supposedly I should make the white rectangle full white but it never goes full white even with cracking up HDR Luminance.

God I hate these HDR calibrations...
LGs have dynamic tone mapping. Turn that off then do the calibration. After that, I’d turn it back on.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
it’s because the game is locked at 2000nits and your Tv is locked at 4000.

Hopefully they will patch in HGIG for the C8 too
Oh well, I put it in almost max. I swear the first second the area appears it looks whiter and without a logo and then the logo appears, that's why I thought it could be ABL related. Or maybe my eyes are fried lol

I really don't expect LG to put HGIG on the C8, they are terrible in terms of updating older sets with new features.

Dez

Oct 27, 2017
Oh well, I put it in almost max. I swear the first second the area appears it looks whiter and without a logo and then the logo appears, that's why I thought it could be ABL related. Or maybe my eyes are fried lol

I really don't expect LG to put HGIG on the C8, they are terrible in terms of updating older sets with new features.
if that’s the case then just set the luminance to max and let dynamic tone mapping do its thing.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Would suggest similarly for the 25/30 foot versions?

iirc, people start hitting HDMI (HDCP?) handshake problems the longer the cable is. While I have had such issues with my PS4 Pro regardless of cable, I did try some off-brand via Amazon and it increased such issues exponentially. To the point where I returned it.
Usually, as long as you're dealing with quality cables and components, I've heard you're good until 50 ft which is when even with quality cables things can get spotty, dunno how true it is tho as I've never actually needed to run cables that long. These Monoprice cables are great cables, so I don't see why they wouldn't be at 25/30 ft too. But I've only used the shorter ones personally.

ZSJ

Jul 21, 2019
Halo Reach on PC has completely busted HDR. Doesn't even seem like it was implemented honestly.

HDR on Windows continues to be whack

VaanXSnake

Jul 18, 2018
I have a question about the HGIG on the DTM, is it only for gaming ? should I put DTM to off for HDR movies and stuff or I could just use the HGIG feature ?