• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck everybody in here talking shit about the American flag. If you're American, it's your flag just as much as any Alt-Right shit head or Red Neck with it flying from their bumper. Letting the right co-opt our national symbol is the biggest mistake you can ever make.

Not everyone is a fan of America. Antifa is primarily made up of anarchists and communists so certainly they're not going to favor the American flag.

Deleted member 37235

Fuck everybody in here talking shit about the American flag. If you're American, it's your flag just as much as any Alt-Right shit head or Red Neck with it flying from their bumper. Letting the right co-opt our national symbol is the biggest mistake you can ever make.

#NotMyFlag

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
They were right though. The US flag is a fascist symbol.

Fuck the US government and fuck conservatives.

I assume you're saying this because of the current administration? If so, that's an incredibly defeatist attitude. If you care about the country you should be upset at what's happening to it and fighting against the flag being used as a symbol of facism.

Republicans draped themselves in the flag when Obama took office and protested in colonial regalia as a means of signifying that they're 'real Americans' fighting against a president who they didn't believe upheld American values. It's disheartening to see the left so carelessly tossing aside symbols of patriotism because they don't like who's in charge. If you're mad right now, it's because you're a patriot.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Even if he was an alt-right goon, they still need to be charged.

The idea that violence is ok because you may be on the correct side of the political spectrum is not how a rational society works. Antifa, the ones that cover their faces looking for a fight... Aren't anything to look up to, they too are part of the toxic extremism in politics as well.

I don't have a problem with the white supremacists and neo-Nazis taking a beating.

Antifa rarely come out unless in response to one of those far right rallies and there's a stark difference between the scope of extremism on the left and right, so I hope you're not trying to insinuate the "both sides" nonsense.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is why wearing masks is such an unwise branding choice. It makes it look like you are up to no good, and that you are ashamed of what you are doing or refuse to accept the consequences of your actions. Furthermore, you give any idiot with a mask the ability slink back into your ranks and his behavior becomes indicative of your own behavior. How do we KNOW it wasn't you who did this? How do we KNOW these aren't the tactics and values you personally stand for? It's just shamefully irresponsible, misguided, and idiotic. I wish they'd just disband already, those idiots.

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
This will give ammo to people that literally wish death upon all non-white people. I won't say their reaction is worse than the beating this guy suffered, but I understand that sentiment and won't argue against it.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I like antifas when they attack actual nazis. But this isn't the first time they have picked the wrong target. It's infuriating, really.

Pata Hikari

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
Republicans draped themselves in the flag when Obama took office and protested in colonial regalia as a means of signifying that they're 'real Americans' fighting against a president who they didn't believe upheld American values. It's disheartening to see the left so carelessly tossing aside symbols of patriotism because they don't like who's in charge. If you're mad right now, it's because you're a patriot.
There is a major problem where Nazis keep trying to steal symbols to represent their hate filled agenda. I think people have caught on to this and are starting to resist the co-opting.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No they're not. Antifacists is made up of people who are, shock, against fascists.

No, Antifa is a specific tactic and loose organizational movement by anarchists and communists. It is explicitly anti-fascist but also anti-capitalist and willing to embrace violence. There are some liberals who take part in it, but they are not the driving force.

Someone who shows up at a protest waving an anti-Nazi sign is not Antifa. That's just a counterprotestor.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't have a problem with the white supremacists and neo-Nazis taking a beating.

Antifa rarely come out unless in response to one of those far right rallies and there's a stark difference between the scope of extremism on the left and right, so I hope you're not trying to insinuate the "both sides" nonsense.

Not really true anymore.

In an ideal world, ANTIFA is great when they can be used to strong arm rallies and protests of large white nationalists where large counter protests can't do.

But this isn't an ideal world and you take the bad with the good I guess

And when you have a group of people who are currently internet famous, you get a bunch of "revolutionaries" who are just dip shits who want to fuck shit up

Oct 25, 2017
Why?

That poster is totally true. It sucks for that one guy quite a bit, for sure, but the alt-right media etc. using this to paint ALL anti-Trump anti-alt-right protestors as violent thugs does way more harm to the overall mission, which is a very bad thing.

You're totally entitled to that opinion, which I find hard to sympathize with but I do respect. Especially as a minority. But I very much believe people like this will never, ever change no matter how much dialogue in which you try to engage them. Some people simply need to be knocked the fuck out. IMO of course.

Knocking them out isn't going to stop them tho, you would be just reveling in a false sense of accomplishment, if you really believe that they are such a threat that they need to be stopped with violence you would be advocating for people to shoot them in the street but you aren't because, and this is a guess, you understand that engaging in the democratic process is the way

Oct 27, 2017
Not really true anymore.

In an ideal world, ANTIFA is great when they can be used to strong arm rallies and protests of large white nationalists where large counter protests can't do.

But this isn't an ideal world and you take the bad with the good I guess

And when you have a group of people who are currently internet famous, you get a bunch of "revolutionaries" who are just dip shits who want to fuck shit up
If the bad is bashing in the heads of other Nazi haters who happen to be carrying a flag, Antifa can rot in hell.

Oct 27, 2017
Knocking them out isn't going to stop them tho, you would be just reveling in a false sense of accomplishment, if you really believe that they are such a threat that they need to be stopped with violence you would be advocating for people to shoot them in the street but you aren't because, and this is a guess, you understand that engaging in the democratic process is the way
You can punch Nazis and still vote and engage in the democratic process. Whynotboth.jpeg

Pata Hikari

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
All I'm saying is that if I go into an antifa crowd and say "Communism is a bad thing", I would get dirty looks by 80% of the crowd and possibly something thrown at me.
Maybe because you shouldn't be trying to muddy the waters when the topic is shutting down Hitler wannabes.

Whats the difference between Antifa and Anti Fascist?
None. The latter is being used to try and paint a scary name onto being against Nazis by Nazis.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
I think this presents the most viable argument for not punching nazis in the face I know of. That is, how sure are you that it's a nazi that you're punching?
Maybe because you shouldn't be trying to muddy the waters when the topic is shutting down Hitler wannabes.
Apparently the topic involves shutting down people holding American flags as well?

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017

I'm not trying insinuate anything. Violence begets more violence. Stories like this add more fuel to the fire.

Antifa do nothing to stop the alt-right, they aren't anything to respect. They're just another group looking for a fight. That isn't "both sidesing" it.

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not really clear to me if they knew he was 'on their side' when this happened. If the Proud Boys were rocking American flags it might have been mistaken identity, which is unfortunate.

Even if he was an alt-right goon, they still need to be charged.

The idea that violence is ok because you may be on the correct side of the political spectrum is not how a rational society works. Antifa, the ones that cover their faces looking for a fight... Aren't anything to look up to, they too are part of the toxic extremism in politics as well.

Nazis aren't on the "political spectrum." They're scum and the fact you throw this sympathy for this is pretty sickening

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
It already is, though. We just don't want to admit it.

No this is the flag of fascists, don't confuse the two.

grbl-gr00008__1__37685.1512424424.1280.1280.jpg

Pata Hikari

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
I'm not trying insinuate anything. Violence begets more violence. Stories like this add more fuel to the fire.

Actually using violence against Nazis does a great job of getting them to stop being Nazis in public. See: Richard Spencer who after he got punched by an American Hero had his career fall apart to the point where he's ajoke.

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I think if more left-wing protestors started rocking US flags it would fuck off the alt-right even more...which is a fantastic thing. Rub it in their fucking faces. Force them to carry the other flags they're (sometimes) reluctant to show off and truly identify themselves.