• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

House_Of_Lightning

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This would be far less believable if they weren't constantly guilty of doing what they accuse others of.

Not that I believe that is the case here, but if feels inevitable.

This is the MO of every Right Wing dictatorship around the world.

Pretty much every prominent Stalinist and Anti Stalinist Communist organization in the cold war USA were COINTELPRO.

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018
This is why I roll my eye at people applauding violence on one side. You never know who else might be targetted once it is normalised.

Violence has already been normalized via the police targeting minorities. They were defending the nazis and targeting protestors in Portland as well.

Not that I think any of this is "good," but violence is occuring either way.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
They can see the flag however they want, but if they think it means they can bash in the skulls indiscriminately of anyone carrying the flag, they're going to quickly find themselves beaten and broken and their group will disintegrate.

100% agree!

This will be politicized no matter what any Antifa organisation says about it, though.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
This is why I roll my eye at people applauding violence on one side. You never know who else might be targetted once it is normalised.

Alternatively if small groups of antifa strat attacking progressives/allies, the other progressives/allies could step in, stop them, and identify them.

I roll my eyes at people suggesting violence isn't needed when pacifism might look good it doesn't historically achieve much when confronting oppression without being backed by other groups that threaten violence.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Seems like there is more concern for what the ALt right will do with the information, rather than the action itself

The alt right are going to be saying the same thing they've said since they heard about antifa, the mainstream right's going to report the left eating itself like they always do.

It's one small isolated example of people claiming to be antifa attacking allies, you're only going to see it as a huge thing if you're already vulnerable to the stories the right already push.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I feel like a lot of Antifa in America are just wannabe soccer ultras who don't have any other outlet in America because we don't have the same football culture and so they turn to political protest instead.

I'd wager political affiliation is secondary to inflicting violence and property damage to many of them.

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah. the best way to oppose neo-fascism is with hundreds of years of slavery and imperialism

This. And on a global scale, the flag is essentially representative of murder and destruction, and basically destroying the middle east.

Fuck your American flag, it's garbage, always was.

Also damn you transparent "both sides" fuckers are coming out of the woodwork in this thread.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Antifa is really not the hero people should rally behind but somehow people started this narrative that being part of antifa and being anti-facist are one and the same.

Oct 25, 2017
This is exactly the type of shit I was afraid of with antifa. Everything I see from them especially out of Portland is disgusting. It doesn't matter what your goals are, goading people into fights represents the worst kind of toxic masculine bullshit. You want to help, then go get people to goddamn vote and quit trying to bait the Safeway clerk dressed up in Nazi pajamas.

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Outside of America that's essentially exactly what the stars and stripes represents.
speak for yourself / your region of the world/country. Def not the case in India. Its just seen an a flag of another country a developed country etc there isnt any negative connotation associated with america or its flag as you seem to say.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
This. And on a global scale, the flag is essentially representative of murder and destruction, and basically destroying the middle east.

Fuck your American flag, it's garbage, always was.

Also damn you transparent "both sides" fuckers are coming out of the woodwork in this thread.
So I guess you're okay with leftists beating OTHER leftists with fucking clubs for waving a flag around. The only people who are being revealed is extremists who will do anything, no matter how vile, to achieve there goals.

Francois Dillinger

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 30, 2018
A fucked situation that only makes them look worse but

Antifa is tight for punching wannabe Nazis and delusional alt-right assholes. Anybody doing that is the homie.

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I guess you're okay with leftists beating OTHER leftists with fucking clubs for waving a flag around. The only people who are being revealed is extremists who will do anything, no matter how vile, to achieve there goals.

Nah it was focused on the discussion on the flag, not the situation in the OP itself. But gg on the attempted hot take.

UCBooties

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Pennsylvania, USA
I'm pretty sure that most Antifa that are active at counterprotests are just Black Bloc looking to smash stuff. They're a blunt instrument at best so no one should be surprised when they go after the wrong people.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
Good attempt to deflect, but you I wasn't referring to that. But keep going
No, you just wanted to deliberately misrepresent what I said and paint me as a nazi sympathizer. When I did no such thing.

The alt-right are dying right now because of what happened in Charlottesville... Just look at the change in a year in the protestor numbers. What happens if Antifa killed this guy? You think that helps the cause? It's downright stupid, one can be against the alt-right and Antifa, it's not mutually exclusive. Antifa have shown in many instances that they're just anarchists looking for a fight.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (3 days): inflammatory comments resulting from a failure to read the OP.
Good, I can't get too worked up about people beating up people who think I'm subhuman.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Are you a communist?

39da769d9b9862f46a36b33d9ca479c4--seinfeld-movie-tv.jpg

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
I still find it quite plausible that plain fascists are pretending to be masked antifa. It seems like such an obvious tactic.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm pretty sure that most Antifa that are active at counterprotests are just Black Bloc looking to smash stuff. They're a blunt instrument at best so no one should be surprised when they go after the wrong people.
Na. Antifa are historically a non violent organization. The idea that all of a sudden they have become largely violent is an attempt to diminish the events they've been attending and turn the focus onto counter protests.

Issues like this one are obviously bad but by and large that isn't what antifa does.

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you can't claim to be anti-fascism and then crack a dude's head open just for having an American flag. chucklefucks.
Hm yes why would anyone object to a flag that has stood for genocide, slavery, imperialism, dictatorships and is dropping hundreds of thousands of bombs every year on innocent civilians.

Oct 27, 2017
Hm yes why would anyone object to a flag that has stood for genocide, slavery, imperialism, dictatorships and is dropping hundreds of thousands of bombs every year on innocent civilians.
Object all you want. But if you escalate that to violence against an innocent person who was merely protesting Nazis, don't be surprised when you get your head kicked in and there aren't a whole lot of folks sympathizing with you.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
It has stood for way more than that. Don't be obtuse.

For example, I find Israel abhorrent, but I would feel like an idiot perceiving it as an objectionable symbol were someone to wave it while protesting Israeli fascists.