• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on Android and I had the same stable experience with the XM2.

If you're in an apartment block with everyone using their own routers it can cause congestion as Bluetooth uses the 2.4ghz band like many routers use for wifi.

That all said, I don't think that should be enough to cause issues with you right next to the device with the phone set to prioritize signal.

As the other poster said I'd try with another device if you can. Otherwise you could also try forcing a different codec on Android to see if it changes anything. To do that while your headphones are connected you need to go into the developer options(usually you have to go to the build number and tap it 7 times for the developer options to show up on your phone), and scroll all the way down to where it says bluetooth audio codec, click on it to get a selection list of the ones that are supported by your phone. The XM3 support SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX HD and LDAC so make sure you only try those. LDAC and aptX HD are the higher quality codecs but require more bandwidth so they're more likely to cause cut outs.

Failing that all you can do is talk to Sony about it, the bluetooth chip could be faulty.

Thanks much! A ton of settings to try but if it can help with the cutting out I'll do it! Cheers

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Recently got an ifi Nano Black and dusted off the collection and have been trying to give myself dedicated listening sessions.

Got my Fostex THX00s, Hifiman HE400, and HD650 in a regular rotation, but leaning more on the first 2. Closed vs open, some bass slam vs less slam but super deep sub bass reach. Gun to my head I think the Fostex would be my favorite all arounder, despite generally enjoying open cans more.

Sounds good, man.

ifi Nano Bl supports balanced cables. Wonder if it's worth looking/investing into.

Mr_Kuschels

Oct 25, 2017
Recently got an ifi Nano Black and dusted off the collection and have been trying to give myself dedicated listening sessions.

Got my Fostex THX00s, Hifiman HE400, and HD650 in a regular rotation, but leaning more on the first 2. Closed vs open, some bass slam vs less slam but super deep sub bass reach. Gun to my head I think the Fostex would be my favorite all arounder, despite generally enjoying open cans more.

Sounds good, man.

ifi Nano Bl supports balanced cables. Wonder if it's worth looking/investing into.
When I first got my Thx00 I was a little bit underwhelmed by the amount of bass. To that point I've only owned cheap headphones, was used to boomy bass and was under the impression that my wife's cars bose speaker were amazing. Now after owning them for roughly a year, I can't go back to "cheap" headphones and I had to turn down the bass in my wife's car to the lowest setting because it just didn't sound good anymore. The Fostex spoiled my ears for life.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
They're a great balance of accuracy with character/fun/v shape. Once your ears know the difference between bass quantity and quality, it is, as you said, hard to go back and hear muddy, boomy bass, even if it can shake your brain.

Atraveller

Oct 25, 2017
They're a great balance of accuracy with character/fun/v shape. Once your ears know the difference between bass quantity and quality, it is, as you said, hard to go back and hear muddy, boomy bass, even if it can shake your brain.
Honestly this is why I can't recommend Sony WH-1000XM3 after auditioning them. It's too liberal with the bass.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly this is why I can't recommend Sony WH-1000XM3 after auditioning them. It's too liberal with the bass.
I heard that they boosted the bass in the XM3 from the XM2 and I'm really not sure why. XM2 isn't really light on it in the first place.

Gun to my head I think the Fostex would be my favorite all arounder, despite generally enjoying open cans more.
I got the TR-X00 earlier in the year and was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it since I also generally prefer more open headphones.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
Ordered the HD 6XX, I'm supposed to receive them in 1 to 2 weeks. Should I consider ordering an amp/dac in the mean time or will an Aorus z390 Pro Motherboard drive it well enough?

I'm mainly buying the headphones for comfort reasons than audio reasons.

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
Well my OP3T had stability prioritized over quality already but, I tried the other bluetooth settings and it's been the same with my XM3s. I think it's my phone at this point, I can have the headphones on, wiggle my phone that I'm holding at my side, and the damn connection will cut out. Hasn't happened as often with my laptop so 🤷‍♀️

need more testing but this suuuckss

andylsun

Oct 29, 2017
Just picked up a pair of ER3XR's. Amazon warehouse had them for $121. I don't think these are faked?

Edit: these are the backup for when the Rockets finally croak. Fender can't repair them but after running them loud on my dragonfly the right channel started working again.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hello people
After too many issues with jack cables (changed a phone because the port was fucked and my cable wouldn't stay in, now the current one has the same issue, then I had two cables die on my MDR-1A and I can't even find a good replacement lmao), I decided it's time to switch to BT.
So I'm looking for good closed back BT headphones, in the 150-300€ range. Would rather avoid Bose. Noise cancelling isn't really necessary.

Currently looking at sony wh1000xm3 since I've been using their headphones for over 10 years now (two XBs then the MDR 1A) and I really like their sound.

I'm in France if that matters at all (rather avoid phones that are exclusive to the US I guess)

edit: welp, went for it !

Last edited:

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Just received a pair of Sony WH-1000XM3s at the weekend from a deal here in the UK. Great audio quality but after about 30-60 mins of use I started noticing a white noise / distant waterfall kind of sound in the right earcup only. The volume of said sound varies, sometimes becoming louder, and only occurs when ANC is turned on. It's noticeable when nothing is playing but remains present with audio playing and therefore noticeable in quieter moments.

Makes noise cancellation pointless if it's going to CREATE noise. Looking to get a replacement but I'm concerned how common the issue might be. Seen quite a lot of discussion online about it, often related to the latest 4.1.1 update however even after attempting to downgrade to 2.0.0 the issue still remains, so evidently it isn't tied to the newer firmware.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
any one have any recommendations for a cheap 15 dollars and under usb dac for a laptop?
i got a free laptop that is alot faster than my old laptop but it came with beats audio so headphones are unbearable. i've disabled all the effects in the registry but even then it sounds really sterile and tin can like and my ears hurt after a while even at low volumes because of how harsh it sounds. it also has alot of noise when nothing is played. i dont need anything amazing i just need something decent so i can use this laptop. my thinkpad sounds perfect in comparison but that thing has been overheating lately.

andylsun

Oct 29, 2017
any one have any recommendations for a cheap 15 dollars and under usb dac for a laptop?
i got a free laptop that is alot faster than my old laptop but it came with beats audio so headphones are unbearable. i've disabled all the effects in the registry but even then it sounds really sterile and tin can like and my ears hurt after a while even at low volumes because of how harsh it sounds. it also has alot of noise when nothing is played. i dont need anything amazing i just need something decent so i can use this laptop. my thinkpad sounds perfect in comparison but that thing has been overheating lately.

You aren't really going to find much new at that price. $40 is the lowest new for a USB DAC amp for headphones in stick format. You might want to look at eBay for a used Soundblaster Live USB or one of the m-audio/presonus 2 channel studio boxes. Maybe a Dragonfly Black. My Mac audio board died so I ended up picking up a Dragonfly black but that was $100.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

Here's something in your price range, though I have no clue as to its quality:
Sound Blaster Play! 3 External USB Sound Adapter for Windows and Mac. Plug and Play (No Drivers Required). Upgrade to 24-bit 96khz Playback https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XBZ38ZJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_UnlkDbDJTGYZ0.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I normally don't mess with amps/standalone DACs too much, instead sticking with lower end enthusiast headphones like the SR60i or the M50 for my audiophile gear. But my work PC has been driving me nuts with how noisy the headphone jack is, so I got a Fiio E10K. I've been missing out for years cripes. It really feels like get a new set of cans, discovering all these previously hidden details in music, feeling such a wider range. Had no idea these made such a difference.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, just ordered some HD600s. What am I in for folks?

To actually sound warmer than some people claim to be.

Also to reach the actual endgame because anything else more expensive is just a preference of sound.

Also I got the Tin Hifi P1s. I was afraid reading about people's impressions about the power requirement but they sound great out of my S10E so far. Will put them through their paces when I get back home with my Mojo but they seem to run well on my phone.

Also the bass is pretty good. I don't know if it's because I got used to a more bass light sound nowadays but it is not bass light like some people are saying.

First Planar IEMs. Pretty happy with it.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Tin Hifi P1 Mini review. First planar IEMs I've had and also one of the first planar anything that I've owned honestly.

What I have and also had.

Noble 4 customs, Aurisonics Harmony, Aurisonics ASG2.5, Ocharaku Flat-4 Nami, E-mu Teak, HD600, Galaxy Buds.

Running through the chord mojo and also just straight out of my Galaxy S10E. I'm kinda eh on if you really need much amplification as other people have been saying. It runs out of my S10E more than decently.

Bass: Straight up one of the best mid basses I have ever heard. Incredibly tight, incredible texture and decay, good impact. Major drawback though, really lacking in sub bass rumble. It's there, but if you like the ASG2.5 style rumble this is not for you. I think I'm somewhat willing to make that sacrifice in how incredible the mid bass is, because that delicious sub bass bloom also contributes to muddying the mid bass.

Mids: I don't think I really have that much to say about the mids other than that they sound right. Voices of both genders sound right, there's no thinness that you can get sometimes from more "technical" IEMs in a way.

Highs: The real "high"light if you will. Same lightning quick decay and transitions, but I wouldn't describe them as bright in anyway. Incredible clarity across the treble range. I feel like I've had some sibilance in the upper mid treble section but I don't really feel it anymore. Could just be the fit because I've played around with tips.

Soundstage: straight up, I don't believe in soundstage for IEMs, and also just don't believe the exaggerated way people describe soundstage with headphones, and staging and positioning of audio has more to do with how it's engineered. That said, it doesn't sound boxy and provides very good separation just due to the technical speed while providing a very cohesive sound throughout.

All in all, pretty damn good quality for the price.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Hey folks, I'm in the market for some new IEMs, and could use a little help. I've had Shozy Zero's the last few years, and liked them a fair amount, but unfortunately the cord is damaged so it's time to move on. I spent $50-60 on those, so I'd like to stay in that same lower end range, but am not opposed to going a bit higher. This would be for a wide variety of usage, both musically and otherwise, so something fairly neutral/balanced would be best. Definitely not interested in a ton of bass, v-shaped sound, etc.

The TIN T2s(and T2 Pro) caught my eye, as they seem to be the kind of sound I would be looking for, and appear to have been well reviewed. Any thoughts would be appreciated though.

Last edited:

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
To actually sound warmer than some people claim to be.

Also to reach the actual endgame because anything else more expensive is just a preference of sound.

They just came in. I've been 'playing' with them after work and they're a terribly good fun. Nowhere the soundscape of Q701s, but the difference is in the highs and lows. Fucking love them.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
so, i have been using a Superlux 681 for more than 5 years. i adore its sound, but after some repairs, ive felt i needed to upgrade to something more sturdy. i tried an AKG 240MKII, which supposedly has a similar style of sound(bright, iirc). thing is, when i tested it the sound ended up sounding a bit muddled, as if it was just flattening everything. after returning it, i understood it was my fault, as it has a higher impedance than the superlux. at the time i couldn't invest into an amp.
would an amp correct that impression i had of the sound, and it is undoubtedly superior to the 681? it not, any suggestions of a similar sounding headphone?

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have been looking for a decent and affordable pair of true wireless headphones and found a pretty good deal for the JBL Reflect Flow at my local retailer.
Are they any good?

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They're pretty ridiculous as far as price/performance goes. Much better than even the KSC75. If Sony was smart they'd put a longer cord with an inline mic on them and package them with the PS5.

Yeah, the cable on this thing really pisses me off considering how good they are. I thought hard about modding them but it seems counter-productive to spend $50+ to buy a soldering kit, connectors, wires, etc. to mod a $6 pair of headphones. Ugh. Guess I'll just settle for an extension cable.

Oct 27, 2017
The headphones that had their own thread with this guy basically selling them, are they any good? Can someone link them for me?

Atraveller

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really spoiled by good audio. I can't really take those reviews saying WF-1000XM3 sounds amazing when it's average at best.

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Allright so I have a - maybe stupid - question.

Situation:
Non gaming related, just for music. I'm currently using a FiiO X3 2nd Gen with Audio Technica ATH-m50x DG. Really love the sound, those headphones are great. As with most things I'm passionate about and enjoy, I want more and I want it better.
So I just ordered the Shure SRH1840. They are open back and I'll use them at home while I'll keep using the ATH-m50 outside because of the noise isolation.
While I'm very passionate about the listening aspect, I don't have much knowledge of the technical side of things here.

Question:
Using the FiiO X3 2nd Gen with the Shure SRH1840 and listening to high res flac music, can I get any benefits from using a portable amp?
I've read a lot of conflicting stuff online, so I'll ask here, maybe someone can clear things up for me. Some say even using a cheap amp like the FiiO A3 improved the sound, while others say the X3 player itself is sufficent enough to drive these headphones.
So does it make sense to invest an additional ~60 bucks for an amp?

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
A friend gave me a Sennheiser RS HDR 120, old but supposedly a good device. He got it from another friend and tested it for 10 minutes earlier today, didnt complain about anything. I tried it and there is sooo much static going on, tried all 3 different channels and it was always bad. Even with the TV volume on 90 I was hearing an annoying static noise on the background... moving the head a bit, or having the hand near the headphone would result in SPIKES of static that made my dog afraid of the device LOL.

anything I could do? Maybe it is just not working as intended. It is near my wifi router and zigbee device, but as it is radio powered I dont think that matters...

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone proud owners of the Hifiman Arya's? If so I just want to know your thoughts on them. I'm looking for a good all rounder. I've been thinking about picking up a pair as my end game headset. Once this is done.. no more. I have to stop somewhere haha.

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
Asked for advice here (or maybe on the old place) about 2 years ago and ended up buying some 1more Triple Drivers on thread recommendations. I use them with my iPhone and iPad through a FiiO BTR3 (bluetooth amp) and always been happy with them. They've just packed in today though with the right bud going silent.

Leaning towards a new set as I still have several pairs of Comply tips for them. I can get a "like new" pair for about £58 from Amazon Warehouse. Anything else worth considering in a similar price range?

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Anyone proud owners of the Hifiman Arya's? If so I just want to know your thoughts on them. I'm looking for a good all rounder. I've been thinking about picking up a pair as my end game headset. Once this is done.. no more. I have to stop somewhere haha.

Not an owner but I've had the chance to listen to them for a long session. As I mentioned previously, I'm not that into the technical details, I just enjoy the listening experience. So my impressions are purely subjective. I'm just starting to get into the higher end headphones due to budget reasons, but I've listened to a bunch of expensive headphones because there are some specialized hifi stores in my town.

I found the Aryas to be very impressive, especially the lows. The lows and bass were stellar, there are only few open back headphones that match the Arya in this regard. They were fun to listen to, with good detail and a very wide soundstage. They were not the most neutral, but they felt like they have been tuned to give you an unforgettable listening experience. I've found them to be good at everything, but best for more modern music compared to classic music and jazz.

Because I see the 1.500 bucks realm as my end game, I compared them to the Focal Clear. Which are just so incredibly sexy looking, it's ridiculous.
The Clears are better if you like a more "analytical" listening experience. Coming from the Aryas I was a bit surprised about the "lack" of bass in the Clears, but came to enjoy them as well. They are quite different.

I tend to like the Clears a tiny bit more, but that's just personal preference. The Aryas are damn good, immersive and enjoyable, you can't go wrong with them.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
Not an owner but I've had the chance to listen to them for a long session. As I mentioned previously, I'm not that into the technical details, I just enjoy the listening experience. So my impressions are purely subjective. I'm just starting to get into the higher end headphones due to budget reasons, but I've listened to a bunch of expensive headphones because there are some specialized hifi stores in my town.

I found the Aryas to be very impressive, especially the lows. The lows and bass were stellar, there are only few open back headphones that match the Arya in this regard. They were fun to listen to, with good detail and a very wide soundstage. They were not the most neutral, but they felt like they have been tuned to give you an unforgettable listening experience. I've found them to be good at everything, but best for more modern music compared to classic music and jazz.

Because I see the 1.500 bucks realm as my end game, I compared them to the Focal Clear. Which are just so incredibly sexy looking, it's ridiculous.
The Clears are better if you like a more "analytical" listening experience. Coming from the Aryas I was a bit surprised about the "lack" of bass in the Clears, but came to enjoy them as well. They are quite different.

I tend to like the Clears a tiny bit more, but that's just personal preference. The Aryas are damn good, immersive and enjoyable, you can't go wrong with them.

I was looking a the clears as well. I am looking to spend around $1500 too. I guess if I am spending that kind of money I should see if there are any shops around here. Don't think there are but I should take a day and seek them out.
Audeze were at the top of my list for awhile but then I was reading about how heavy they were.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Hey all. My old simple AKGs crapped out recently so it's time to move to a nice wireless set for my daily commute. Found a nice deal on some Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 (around 200 euros); which is pretty much what I want to spend on this. I'm aware that the Sony XM3 and Bose QC35 are a bit more 'advanced' regarding active noisecancelling; but I'm curious if the Momentums are a good deal for that price. Will be checking them out myself in the store tomorrow but if anyone has some impressions / opinions on them I'd love to hear it!

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
I was looking a the clears as well. I am looking to spend around $1500 too. I guess if I am spending that kind of money I should see if there are any shops around here. Don't think there are but I should take a day and seek them out.
Audeze were at the top of my list for awhile but then I was reading about how heavy they were.

Definitely listen to them before spending that kind of money. Tastes are so different, especially regarding audio stuff because people just hear differently. Obviously no headphones in this price range will sound objectively bad. But sound reception is often so subjective that no review or impression will do it justice. A friend of mine really disliked the Focal Clear because they sounded "flat and boring" to him, while I loved them.

That's the crazy thing about audio enthusiasts. The biggest challenge is to find the perfect headphones, speakers, amps etc. for your individual taste.

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Alright so I received my Shure SRH1840 a couple days ago. Here are my first impressions.

I used a Fiio X3 2nd Gen and a wide range of music. Jazz, Rock, Techno, Pop, Classic, HipHop, everything. Mostly flacs, but some normal MP3s as well.

Props to Shure for the packaging. 2nd pair of the velour pads, 2nd cable, a transport box. The headphones themselves look sleek, are very light but look and feel good.

They are incredibly comfortable, there is minimal heat build up on my ears due to the velour pads and the open back (it's summer and rather hot in here). They are so light that they don't need much pressure, I can move around and they fit perfectly while I barely even notice them.
Sitting still and listening to some music, after a couple songs, I forgot I even had headphones on my head. I was so immersed and as I said, they are just so damn comfortable.

Depending on what you are used to, the first listening experience can be rather unspectacular. There is no thumping bass and no overemphasized highs. It took me a couple songs to get accustomed to the very natural and neutral sound. But after that, I didn't want to take them off. My first night listening to them, I listened for so long that I fell into a state of half sleeping and half listening to the music while I just lay there and relaxed. They consumed me.

They are very well balanced, though kick bass impact is a little on the lighter side if you come from some more popular headphones like the Sennheiser HDs. Other than that, just incredible sound signature.
I've really come to love the sound of these headphones. Clear and analytical, while still being warm, well defined and great bass without being too much, really great mids.
The soundstage is not the widest out there, but in my opinion this is actually for the better. It has a good soundstage, the music feels airy and free but still personal and present. Very good separation and stereo imaging.

The thing that impressed me the most was how they present you a ton of little sounds and details you've never heard before in songs you know very well. It feels effortlessly and not forced, very detailed and clear without being too harsh in the highs.

It is a great package overall. The comfortable build and design, combined with the great sound make me get lost in my music library. The open back design obviously makes them basically only usable at home or in a studio. Very poor sound isolation in and out. I'm only listening at home, so it's well worth it for the better soundstage etc.

I bought them for 479 bucks and am seriously impressed after using them over the weekend. I've heard headphones that cost well north of 1.000 bucks that don't reveal that many details and aren't that balanced.

Verdict:
I simply love them. If you have up to 1.000 bucks to spend for headphones and like a natural, detailed sound, you have to take them into consideration. And could have 500 bucks left to invest in a better player, amp or whatever.

BUT:
I want a natural representation of the music, which people might find boring. There are better headphones out there if you don't care about the smallest details in a song and rather want to be excited by your music. Personally, I find them very exciting to listen to.
But I can see people wanting a more colored sound characteristic. Especially if you mostly listen to Pop or Electro, these might not be for you. Not because the SRH1840 do it badly, I enjoy them a lot for Electro. But other headphones have more exciting and thumping characteristics and might be better suited.

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
Asked for advice here (or maybe on the old place) about 2 years ago and ended up buying some 1more Triple Drivers on thread recommendations. I use them with my iPhone and iPad through a FiiO BTR3 (bluetooth amp) and always been happy with them. They've just packed in today though with the right bud going silent.

Leaning towards a new set as I still have several pairs of Comply tips for them. I can get a "like new" pair for about £58 from Amazon Warehouse. Anything else worth considering in a similar price range?
I'll ask this in a different way to see if anyone can help. Not as precious on replacing the 1more's now and happy to up my budget a little to around £100-150. Is there a go to best IEM in that budget range?

Use them for a variety of stuff - music (no specific genres) & podcasts through my phone, a bunch of gaming & video on my iPad. I'd be running them through a portable Bluetooth amp (FiiO BTR3).

I'm not an audiophile at all and the post above is like a foreign language to me. But I can tell that my HD 598 Cs sound better than my 1more's and now that they're broke, I can tell my old Sennheiser CX 300's (which I used to be happy with) sound much worse than the 1more's did. I don't like wearing cans in public so the 598's just get used for home and long journeys. I probably wear buds for about 15 hours a week so would like to spend a little more and get something decent but as I've outlined, I'm clueless about what to buy. Browsed a few best of 2019 lists on places like WhatHiFi but it's just left me more confused

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Hi all.

So I keep getting tangles and having issues with wires with my headphones and I am wondering if it is time to move to wireless. I am on PC and mostly game.

This is what I am currently using.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O2Y2MZG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was thinking of getting Astro P50 gen4's. I could get a wire extender and maybe prolong things... Any advice please?
Wired is still going to give you higher quality audio for now.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money on getting a new headset just yet have you thought about just getting something like a Fiio BTR3 along with a bluetooth transmitter? You'd probably want a transmitter that also supports aptX LL if you're gaming due to latency issues its worth noting though.

Darkatomz

Oct 27, 2017
CA
My primary listening station is from my PC, and I have been interested in EQing headphones for some time, but there was never really a universal and easy way to do this. I did find Peace a few years back, but that GUI is a PITA.

I only recently discovered HeSuVi (there's a thread on the gaming side for multi ch effects, I turn all of this off and only use it for EQ), which now has a built-in master list of >2630 popular headphones where you can load reference targets. First install Equalizer APO, then HeSuVi before rebooting.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
Wired is still going to give you higher quality audio for now.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money on getting a new headset just yet have you thought about just getting something like a Fiio BTR3 along with a bluetooth transmitter? You'd probably want a transmitter that also supports aptX LL if you're gaming due to latency issues its worth noting though.

No I have not heard of those or thought about it. It seems like you would still have the wire and box hanging around.

I was thinking pure wireless

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
No I have not heard of those or thought about it. It seems like you would still have the wire and box hanging around.

I was thinking pure wireless
I mean yes, unless you modded your headphones to stick the box to them(which I have seen people do oddly enough), you'd need to clip the box to you/put it in a pocket and use a short wire. I just suggested it as a lot of peoples problems with wires is more the issue of being tethered to the source and wires geting crossed/tangled due to the legnth, rather than someone being annoyed at there being any wires at all.

If you don't plan on gaming on consoles, there's probably better bang for your bucks models of headphones than the A50 as the main benefit of those is they have a box which accepts an optical input from a console(same with the Steelseries Pro Wireless).

Personally I tried astro headsets in the past and wasn't impressed at all with their audio quality, but maybe they've changed.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
I mean yes, unless you modded your headphones to stick the box to them(which I have seen people do oddly enough), you'd need to clip the box to you/put it in a pocket and use a short wire. I just suggested it as a lot of peoples problems with wires is more the issue of being tethered to the source and wires geting crossed/tangled due to the legnth, rather than someone being annoyed at there being any wires at all.

If you don't plan on gaming on consoles, there's probably better bang for your bucks models of headphones than the A50 as the main benefit of those is they have a box which accepts an optical input from a console(same with the Steelseries Pro Wireless).

Personally I tried astro headsets in the past and wasn't impressed at all with their audio quality, but maybe they've changed.

Do you know of any better wireless/BT headsets with a mic? I am open to suggestions!

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Do you know of any better wireless/BT headsets with a mic? I am open to suggestions!
Whats your price range?

I admittedly don't have much experience with headsets since I dropped them a while back in favour of separate headphone and mic. However, if I wanted a completely wireless headset specifically for PC that was the same price as the A50(it is here in the UK anyway) I'd probably give the Sennheiser GSP670 a go as I've always had positive experiences with Sennheiser headsets/headphones and it should have similar virtual surround to the GSX 1000 which I found to be quite good if you like that sort of thing. The only downside is it looks fugly.

The Audeze Mobius is a good option which can be used both wired and wireless but since the bluetooth on it doesn't support a low latency codec it's not really ideal for games in wireless mode.

You may want to look at some threads gaming side that were for headsets. People there may have actual hands on experience with some of the wireless headsets and can give a better opinion.

Deleted member 22585

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
I received my FiiO A5 portable amp on Monday, quick impressions after a couple days of use.
Using a FiiO X3 player and Shure SRH1840 headphones.

Build quality is very good, the surface looks and feels nice. Volume knob has a solid feel to it, the device itself is sturdy and weighty.

Sound is amazing, it gives the SRH1840 a more "relaxed" sound. Very clear, no noise or balance issues. Using the X3 as a DAC hooked up to a PC, it also generates a very good sound quality.
Then there is the bass boost feature. I usually don't use it because it kinda distorts the mids and muddies the lows. No improvement for most kinds of music. Also, I love the natural character of the SRH1840.
But it's actually pretty nice to have for some Electro and house music, to get some thumping bass. Also for watching movies, the extra bass is great. Because in movies, I really don't care if the sound is a bit muddier because with these headphones, it's still leagues above most other devices.

Got it for 99 bucks, which is a very good price. So if you are searching for a portable headphone amp that you can also use at home, you should seriously consider it.