• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
I like the way MS is moving in the PC space currently, but they should take this one step further:
negotiate an even better deal with Valve, just give up on the pile of shit that the Windows Store currently is (at least for their PC/Xbox games) and move the Gamepass on Steam BY DEFAULT.
Seriously. The fact that I have to change my Windows'/PC's region to change a game's language and that there's no file integrity check or move game/folder option is really annoying. I also can't check what version

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously. The fact that I have to change my Windows'/PC's region to change a game's language and that there's no file integrity check or move game/folder option is really annoying. I also can't check what version
:)

1. In the folder, locate GameUserSettings.ini file and double-click it.
  2. After opening the file, find the PreferredLanguageCode= and fill in with your language of choice. For example, if you want the game to be in English, fill in with EN. The result should look like this PreferredLanguageCode=EN.
  3. Now start the game.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited to try it in vr when that gets finished. I hope they somehow get Index controllers to work.

VR doesn't do anything for me, but I hope that you guys get a great experience.

I'm personally interested in anything that is AI. Let me spawn a few hundred on MP maps and I'll be happy. lol :D

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Modding made for some unforgettable experiences back in Halo 2. Custom games were insanely fun with mods.

Oct 31, 2017
You know what? Now that I think about it I'd be willing to pay for a Gamepass at an increased price "to make up for the "Valve cut" if it was on Steam, while in its current form I doubt I'll be willing to renew it when this [basically] free trial expires.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Bypass anticheat?

Screen_Shot_2019-01-17_at_4.22.43_PM.jpg

Microsoft:
MealyJointBobolink-size_restricted.gif

melodiousmowl

Jan 14, 2018
CT
What games do that? I have seen that "ModifiableWindowsApps" folder but it's always empty. Even Age of Empires 2 DE with its website based mod support gets installed in the no-mods-allowed folder.

I have:

Creature in the Well
Info the Breach
Riverbond

In the "ModifiableWindowsApps" folder (not a good number to be sure, but it exists)

Oct 26, 2017
Could something like full custom missions be done? Like using campaign levels and putting in your own events and objectives?

This could be insane if it finds the right audience.

Im ready to escape Installation 04B with Master Chefs best friend Macho Elite Randy Savage in a Cybertruck with pizza textures.
Ah true man of culture indeed.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Not too interested in the goofy stuff but the sort of thing like a decent VR mod would be incredible. Image all those parts with the big space cruisers flying close to the ground above you but in virtual reality.. uunnnnggg

BeI

Dec 9, 2017

I'm personally interested in anything that is AI. Let me spawn a few hundred on MP maps and I'll be happy. lol :D

Are AI enemies expected to be a usable option for modding / Forge? I'm just imagining custom maps where you have 16 people on one team fighting against massive hoards of enemies.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Would you be able to use any of the mods in multiplayer or is it just focused on offline stuff?

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Splitscreen mod for the campaign would be wonderful
I still don't understand why they removed splitscreen from the PC version.

If only there was some kind of official accesory created by Microsoft that allowed multiple Xbox One controllers to be connected wirelesly to a PC...

15fRIND.jpg

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017

I remember people doing this type of thing in Halo 1 and 2 , I think the main issue is that the AI isn't particularly bright by itself and a lot of what you see in campaign are encounters that are designed and tuned.

Oct 26, 2017
I remember people doing this type of thing in Halo 1 and 2 , I think the main issue is that the AI isn't particularly bright by itself and a lot of what you see in campaign are encounters that are designed and tuned.
Yeah, that's why the AI is always completely lost when they have to do any navigation outside of the battle encounters. I mean it's fun to watch regardless.

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, that's why the AI is always completely lost when they have to do any navigation outside of the battle encounters. I mean it's fun to watch regardless.

yeah, I used to enjoy the early days of Halo modding by spawning like 200 marines. It was impressive how much the game could handle before the crashed. This was pre Pikmin too!

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Pretty sure AI techniques/technologies have improved from the days of Halo CE

I don't get her impression it's changed much, even playing destiny 2, which in itself is a technology offshoot from reach, likely designed with many of the tools and techniques used in the halo games, I don't feel like I'm fighting wildly different characters of enemies.
I guess for reach , the presence of firefight may mean that there is a separate set of behaviours designed for those maps.
It wouldn't surprise me if the maps themselves are designed with tags and cues for the AI, which may not be there by default. But I suppose this gives the options for modders to try and do it

Tomacco

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get her impression it's changed much, even playing destiny 2, which in itself is a technology offshoot from reach, likely designed with many of the tools and techniques used in the halo games, I don't feel like I'm fighting wildly different characters of enemies.
I guess for reach , the presence of firefight may mean that there is a separate set of behaviours designed for those maps.
It wouldn't surprise me if the maps themselves are designed with tags and cues for the AI, which may not be there by default. But I suppose this gives the options for modders to try and do it
Wouldn't be surprised if your right and the extra horsepower in base systems going to graphical fidelity

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Are AI enemies expected to be a usable option for modding / Forge? I'm just imagining custom maps where you have 16 people on one team fighting against massive hoards of enemies.

It's just that AI pathing is missing on MP maps. You can already spawn AI, but they will either stand still or they will shoot you, while standing still. They don't know where to walk, since that data is missing from MP maps. It's something that is being worked on, though. Pretty confident that we'll see results, especially with the full game in the hands of these modders.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
They should add Steam Workshop support and watch player userbase grow.
TBH, this probably isn't feasible.
Like, leaving the files open to be modded is different from adding bespoke modding tools and support, and making that for each game, or god forbid, for the entire collection Ă  la Serious Sam Fusion, would be a massive undertaking.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Man there's so much potential for mods, 4 player co-op in Halo CE and 2, diversifying the co-op players with ODSTs or other Spartans, a BR in Reach.
*Goes to Nexus*
...And it's all Cortana body enhancement mods

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't understand why they removed splitscreen from the PC version.

If only there was some kind of official accesory created by Microsoft that allowed multiple Xbox One controllers to be connected wirelesly to a PC...

15fRIND.jpg
You don't even need this anymore. XB1 controllers work over bluetooth out of the box for some time now.

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, will this disable achievements? If it doesn't, I'll finally be able to finish the achievement list for MCC!

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
You don't even need this anymore. XB1 controllers work over bluetooth out of the box for some time now.
It's still pretty useful, if you want to go between using controllers wired and wirelessly. XB1 controllers forget their bluetooth pairing when you connect them with a USB cable, but they won't forget pairing with an Xbox console or dongle.