• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
This thread may be redundant but until yesterday I had planned to just put in $300 worth of points and decide what games to get in the 9 months left (I saw someone with the exact same plan and dollar amounts).

It was actually due to those 20% off Eshop Ebay cards that I realized this week that there was a $200 wallet limit for the Eshop. I had hoped that the Wii Shop Channel being older would have a bigger limit but instead the Wii Wallet is thr same $200 or 20,000 Nintendo points maximum.

sDjExrWr.jpg

So now I have to spend today looking through what to spend $200 on. Trying to find a 2015 excel sheet that I made during my Neo Geo purchases that year. All In finding it PS2, 360 and Wii U. I'm afraid it was before I was using cloud storage and I have to go back to my old Micro SD cards. They're right next to me but still annoying.

Anyway I just want to let people know im case they think can just add a bunch of money and buy what they want later.

Last edited:

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Do you have MotoHeroZ, Fluidity and all Art Style games?
You can buy those to help having more space on your wallet

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
hmm I swear I put more than 10,000 points on it a few days ago when I purchased some games. Maybe I'm crazy.

Dom6

Oct 26, 2017
The fact that the downloads are linked to the console and not an account make me worry that as the downloadable service goes away, the next thing in line would be the console itself having some hardware failure in the future. It wasn't until fairly recently that some older Xbox models for example started to increase in failure rates due to a capacitor leaking, and if there is a part prone to failure in the Wii then it would just mean money down the drain in regards to these downloads. Just the way I look at it, though.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting, I didn't know that there was a limit then again I always found the Wii shopping channel a pain to use. Still though I still think that it's a waste of money buying digital games when you will lose the option to redownload them when the store goes off-line.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Still though I still think that it's a waste of money buying digital games when you will lose the option to redownload them when the store goes off-line.

Not buying the games means losing them forever. It's a bad situation no matter how you look at it and this is why physical is always superior.