• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 31, 2017
I just received an email from Amazon that the release date for FFVII Remake has changed but doesn't list the changed date.

I guess because they're not getting non-essential items to make room for essential items, new video game releases will not be shipped to Amazon warehouses.

Cancel me and get a refund if old.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably won't apply to Doom Eternal and Animal Crossing, as they're already in Amazon warehouses. But future games will be impacted.

FunMouse

Apr 30, 2018
Yea I got the same email. I'm not too worried about it though. There's way more pressing issues at hand. Might have to change the address in the order though since I'm moving in April.

Cousin From Boston

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Nov 21, 2017
Got the same email just now. Is it because Amazon is prioritizing essentials or did the release date actually change?

OP
OP
ThisThingIsUseful
Oct 31, 2017
Yea I got the same email. I'm not too worried about it though. There's way more pressing issues at hand. Might have to change the address in the order though since I'm moving in April.

Looks like I have only one preorder through Amazon, so I'll probably just switch to Best Buy. There may have been an exclusive steelbook or something on Amazon that made me want to preorder there.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i assume best buy isn't going to change as they don't offer food(not counting junk food) or cleaning supplies.

Tek233

Oct 25, 2017
Yep same here. I guess I end up going with the digital version. So much for that steel book unless I try gamestop.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
My only current order is through GameStop next week for OPPW4 with release day shipping so if anything they'll send it early and it may arrive late

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
wait so when i pre-ordered ff vii physical on amazon for $40 all those months back -- i wasn't charged?

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I got a pretty big discount on Amazon's physical copy.

Guess it's time to go digital.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I have it preordered at Best Buy so I don't THINK there will be a problem. But I have been thinking about cancelling it for the digital version just to be safe.

I'll wait one more week to be sure.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
I have it preordered at Best Buy so I don't THINK there will be a problem. But I have been thinking about cancelling it for the digital version just to be safe.

I'll wait one more week to be sure.

I pre-ordered RE3, FF7 and AC NH from Best Buy with 20% discount before my GCU expired, so I'll stick with them even if they do get delayed.

JustinBailey

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just received a notification from Amazon that FF7 remake release date has changed again. And there is no new date attached to the notification.

Anyone else?

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
Between pre-ordering this at two different places and buying gym equipment at the beginning of the week, I have never felt more vindicated in my life.

Hope that everyone is able to get a copy by release or potentially earlier.

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon is prioritizing stocking essential items before things like, well, video games so this is probably a casualty of that, not an actual delay of the game.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
Got the same email. Release date is still set for 4/10 it looks like.

Maybe preparing for delivery issues due to Corona.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It's likely just due to Amazon prioritizing essential items over non-essentials, they put out a statement about it

ZeroMaverick

Mar 5, 2018

I'm moving in April, too! Isn't it a scary time to be moving? Well, maybe not for you, but it's hard to swallow signing a new lease and paying more in rent when jobs are looking less and less secure.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I got the deluxe edition for 60 bucks from amazon ...oh well I'll go digital.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I pre-ordered RE3, FF7 and AC NH from Best Buy with 20% discount before my GCU expired, so I'll stick with them even if they do get delayed.

Yeah mine ends in May. I have a few other games preordered that I don't mind waiting for if they get pushed back.

But I don't see Best Buy having any issues since Amazon is focused on prioritizing essentials right now.

Unless there's a complete shutdown of deliveries of nonessentials.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, yeah just got this email too, had the deluxe edition pre-ordered. Maybe I should cancel and go with Best Buy instead?

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
No, it's just that Amazon wont be stocking a lot of items anymore due to them focusing on medical supplies and essentials as a result of the coronavirus. Don't be surprised if one by 1 pre-order dates for video games on Amazon get pushed back or canceled entirely.
Yep I expect anything that is not already in their warehouse to get delayed indefinitely. Anything in the warehouse will probably ship slower as well.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Same here.

May just get it digital or something.

RE3 still on track though.

Last edited:

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I have a pretty big discount from pre-ordering this five years ago, and it's like 50% off retail price. $40 Canadian. I'll keep my pre-order.