• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
New news, new thread. This needs more visibility, and my concern is people will not see this by simply bumping an old, but related thread:

First, a recap:

Originally posted by Chairmanchuck:

A shame since the game looks so nice and was actually quite popular in LGBTQ circles.

Edit: Dev also spouting the same shit. Thanks to ListeningGarden

And now:
Originally posted by: underFlo:

In case anyone had any doubts, here's the dev with the most obvious dogwhistle in the world

SPOILER_Screenshot_20190930-215107_Steam.jpg

==================================================================

So, you may be asking yourself, why 41% off? Why not 40% or 50% off, what is the significance of 41%? Well...

Suicide attempts are alarmingly common among transgender individuals; 41% try to kill themselves at some point in their lives, compared with 4.6% of the general public. The numbers come from a study by the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention and the Williams Institute, which analyzed results from the National Transgender Discrimination Survey. Researchers are preparing to launch another version of the online survey on Wednesday.

Please use the Report function on the Steam page for this game:

Trans suicide is a serious issue. Mods feel free to close/lock at your discretion, but as I said, bumping an old thread does not gives this the visibility it needs.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Petty people screaming and kicking against the tide of change. Let them drown in it.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone, please report these shitheels to Valve.

Edit: On the UK site they've changed it to 42%.

Expect a denial or handwave.

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
The steam forums of this game are extremely toxic. I recommend not going there at all.

underFlorence

May 19, 2019
Germany
Also gonna add in these two posts from the old thread that also kinda shine a light on Shepple's behavior - especially the images in the second one

Yup, I was a huge fan of this game back when it came out and it's one 2 games on Steam I got all the achievements for... me and a few other trans ppl left the community back in April after this first came to light. These images are improperly sourced bc I screenshotted them from my logs to my gf when I was venting abt them so the rules might've changed by now but this rules change is what triggered me and others leaving:
EFHPlOGWwAELgz0

Shepple had a history of seemingly getting offended with trans woman liking themselves and always said shit like "being a woman is hard", too.
Also, can't forget the TERF talking points:
EFJiXr_XYAAevv8

Also also, can't forget the aphobia:
EFHPlkBXUAE95mk

conversation with Shepple

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
While this is really disgusting, the reports should be made on Twitter, not on Steam. The game itself isn't transphobic etc. and what creators do outside of Steam isn't something Valve cares about really.

To a platform like steam, how is the 41% not hate speech and treated as such?
It's 42% off for me and that's like saying that 88% is hate speech.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is way too much. You'd have to be a real piece of shit to do something like this.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
"haha members of this mercilessly oppressed group are driven to suicide at alarming rates lololol"

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
Took a look at the forums. Cool cool. This shit has been going for like a week and Valve doesn't do shit, huh?

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
While this is really disgusting, the reports should be made on Twitter, not on Steam. The game itself isn't transphobic etc. and what creators do outside of Steam isn't something Valve cares about really.

It's 42% off for me and that's like saying that 88% is hate speech.
Nah.

We shouldn't be allowing transphobia to profit like this.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
Look at the community hub, my dude.
You are certainly right that Valve don't care, tho.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Took a look at the forums. Cool cool. This shit has been going for like a week and Valve doesn't do shit, huh?

The shitty thing is they developer likely has enough plausible deniability that Valve wouldn't take any action to take it down, which is why stuff like a "game going on sale" is a dog whistle. Imagine trying to explain this to your average person, most of them would just chalk it up to a coincidence while the people who "know" are laughing at people getting pissed off at their bullshit.

Check the package discount.

Although it's been changed now because someone caught on.

Still 41% online