• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure it has to be manually put like that by the dev, right? I've never seen bundles not-intentionally total up to really weird percentages like this. Always 10% 25% 50% etc, except when a dev is intentionally 69% off or w/e

Yes the dev sets the discount. They did for the base game with the 35% discount. There is also another buy option to get the game and soundtrack and you save 10%. Technically that buy option is also 35% off but once that is discounted, you also factor in the 10% discount savings for buying that bundle. In the end, you get the 41% off the original price off the bundle. Whether it was their intention or not, hard to say definitively cuz they can always say it's a "coincidence".

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
It's 42% off for me and that's like saying that 88% is hate speech.

Except most instances of "88% Off" I've seen on Steam aren't in the middle of a controversy like a dev being outed as, say, a Neo-Nazi, and usually bring a game's price down to a "standard" price-point like $8

This 41% Off is in the middle of the devs being self-outed as Transphobic shits, is "coincidentally" the same as the Trans suicide-attempt rate, and brings the price to some random spot in the middle of $12.

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
Is the game even good? I only ask because it drives me nuts that they may see a big uptick in sales due to this sale and see it as a sign of support when in fact most people are probably just not in the know.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
With a name like HEARTBEAT they are certainly lacking one.

Absolutely fucking disgusting.

*edit* This was a poorly thought out comment in retrospect. I apologise but I still hold to the idea that they are a bunch of unfeeling assholes.

SerTapTap

Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 13148

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why isn't Steam automatically censoring transphobic slurs in reviews? It seems like the censor most other slurs.

Abcdude

Sep 9, 2018
I bought this a couple months ago and want my fuckin money back, foul excuses for humans.

Of course the steam reviews are vile.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
There's a game I won't buy, a studio I won't support, and I'll tell my friends not to support them either.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They'll absolutely claim this is a coincidence.

41%? They can get 100% fucked.

Ryutaryi

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Shepple and everyone who is involved with her. I hate that I used to enjoy that game and gave them money for the soundtrack, but they can 100% go fuck themselves.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I reported those tweets. Hope Twitter suspends her account so at least she's forced to delete those abhorrent tweets.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
The reviews are something else. Saw one that mentioned repealing the 19th amendment (universal suffrage). I'm sure all those TERFs are very happy about who they made their bed with. Enjoy the shitshow.

I really don't get why people need to be such hateful trash. I guess punching down makes them feel better about themselves. What a pathetic existence.

Last edited:

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Yes the dev sets the discount. They did for the base game with the 35% discount. There is also another buy option to get the game and soundtrack and you save 10%. Technically that buy option is also 35% off but once that is discounted, you also factor in the 10% discount savings for buying that bundle. In the end, you get the 41% off the original price off the bundle. Whether it was their intention or not, hard to say definitively cuz they can always say it's a "coincidence".

As far as coincidences are concerned, I think running a 35% off sale to hit a price point of $9.74 apropos of nothing but an ongoing transphobia controversy when your last sale three months ago was for 50% off strikes me as extraordinarily unlikely.

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
Fucking hell man, first time I'm reading about this whole thing. i really liked Heartbeat and I've even recommended it on this site. Why do people have to be so disgusting....

Abcdude

Sep 9, 2018
Submitted a steam refund on it, bought back in december and I fully doubt they'll follow through but fuck em.

Three 6 Mafia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What a pathetic, loser ass motherfucker. Same for the weak ass cowards watching this thread. Eat shit and die slow

Sonicfan1373

Nov 24, 2017
I honestly don't know what is worst. The dog whistling by the devs or the vile comments by the buyers in the comments section. Honestly, I feel like some these dirt bags leaving positive reviews and anti-trans comments would not have given a shit about this game if they did not know about the devs heinous transphobic views. Steam should shut these fuckers down.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fucking hell, I wouldn't of even got on to the 41 percent thing, I mean outside of thinking thats a odd number but that would be it.

I mean I'm pretty late to this whole thing, but that's just unbelievable.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
What a great dev to have on your platform. Right, Valve?

Also, love how one of the new reviews has literal bible verses in it. Can't wait till religion dies off, good riddance.

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019
I honestly don't know what is worst. The dog whistling by the devs or the vile comments by the buyers in the comments section. Honestly, I feel like some these dirt bags leaving positive reviews and anti-trans comments would not have given a shit about this game if they did not know about the devs heinous transphobic views. Steam should shut these fuckers down.
"Some"? This game will make twice, three times the money it's made so far on the back of the fuckers wanting to own "teh SJWs"

I hope all of you who are boycotting and pissed off did the same for Dragon Quest. Fuck transphobes.
Dragon Quest has possibly one of the most queer-positive representations and characters in the history of the medium.

I bet some of the Catherine: Full Body purchasers will end up buying this too.
What an unnecessary comment.

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That is about as low as it can get. I'm actually dumbfounded at how disgusting it is. I could only imagine how they were giggling to themselves thinking how clever it would be.

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019
That is about as low as it can get. I'm actually dumbfounded at how disgusting it is. I could only imagine how they were giggling to themselves thinking how clever it would be.
Yeah, no matter how much of a bigoted shitbag you are, you'd think that suicide would be the one sacrosanct thing you don't mock. And yet here we are.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
I'll never understand passionately hating a group of people to the extent where you feel you have to ramble about it on social media and mock them at every opportunity, but then I'm not a garbage piece of human refuse, so.

Deleted member 13148

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What a great dev to have on your platform. Right, Valve?

Also, love how one of the new reviews has literal bible verses in it. Can't wait till religion dies off, good riddance.
It makes them money. They don't care. They don't even care enough to put transphobic slurs in their censored words list.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It makes them money. They don't care. They don't even care enough to put transphobic slurs in their censored words list.
On another note I feel like this is almost news worthy in of itself if true.(I don't use Steam and I have no interest in diving back into that septic tank to find out.)

Ghostwalker

Oct 30, 2017
To those saying it a consonant that's what I first thought as I can see how it could happen with double discounts

However, it does not matter as Steam allows you to change the sale discounts, so it became intentional once they released what happened and choose not to change it.

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019
I dont see how that has anything to do with anything
It's such an unnecessary attack at people who may have played or enjoyed that wholly unrelated game.
Hell, this thread says that the game in question was popular with LGBTQ players before this news came to light, are they all retroactively bigoted pieces of shit too?
A lot of people on this site lack perspective.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Even if it does happen to be a coincidence, the reviews and comments alone make it clear that it turned out to be a dogwhistle and the devs don't care one iota that it's being viewed that way.

I tried to get a refund last time but no luck, so I did the next best thing:

mlqxk41.png

If anyone else bought it like me I'd recommend donating to a charity, like the Trevor Project, if you can't refund. Might as well give the same amount or more to non-deplorable people.