• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

toad02

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
I'm gonna quote myself from earlier in the thread, because I think your perspective is shortsighted, much like the devs:

The notoriety matters for their future careers. Calling attention to their behavior is a long term strategy.
I've seen trans people heartbroken that they supported this game prior to all of this coming to light. If getting the word out helps even one person avoid investing their own emotional energy into this game and getting burned in the process, that alone is reason enough to have this conversation.

These are good points

Rebuking transphobia is always a worthwhile battle.

Also a good point but in a different way

Aug 28, 2019
Has this news actually gotten to where it needs to be? I'm not sure how far this has really spread, outside of whatever pit the reactionaries crawled out of.

Tayaya

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
God damn. When CDPR initially posted their tweet way back when, there was some reasonable doubt that they really knew the significance of what they posted (which I think lost credibility once people dug up more info on their social media guy). This, though... just wow. I'm a straight cis male and I am just floored by how inflammatory those tweets are. There ain't no way that should be allowed to slide. And with the sale just amplifying their stance in an equally spicy way. There are just no words. Disgusting. I'm glad I didn't chip in to support this project and I'll make sure no one I know buys games from this trash.

Ruvhenekos

Oct 3, 2019
Ding Dong, Texas
Has this news actually gotten to where it needs to be? I'm not sure how far this has really spread, outside of whatever pit the reactionaries crawled out of.
The news has been circling through popular leftist twitter users, IMO the hate it's getting is a lot more rampant than the positivity it's getting. The sales have died down a lot and it's been removed from the Top Sellings list (as far as I know).

Some of the developers for this game have even quit ties with it (I believe 2-3 of them?) because of this mess. The chances of CHUMBOSOFT releasing a new game is very low, and even if they do, they've lost all their actual fans and reactionaries wont stick around for their future releases.

Ruvhenekos

Oct 3, 2019
Ding Dong, Texas
Also, great news everyone! The heartbeat bundle that was previously 41% off is now 10% off. Gee, I wonder why they decided to change it...

7m8HFEjHRFZcAMIdS4KzLJ6Dwt0SBmEtVUzJt5-vx3k5CUuqN3aqqns99KP2nEV-iEpqqnXmfle_X-jHWStAoKQXHPxbTkvovanVUm1XtGOlhFlRlbRIS8JGikJSvQctb9MuSfcq6tqXeOhjImt7boMB9iitLkdKv57Y09XyHL63vBlqolEl_LW2FoHkADNg-0yW8DeCl0gcgrNu1drScZQNVMbSF9R61TLKvbtPwWc3wXId5Vgs_jNtheV3LxSDSP55oeCqj2sfA2g3n689VwOjFaZpwulpARW4BWDqDp70LNL9O2xL8GXj8GjXJkfRmPPmnj4edYJF2BkGhKSaH0LZcFt3WG9TXVuW1eTHl2VSF6LrCCc5uE8NI3pv0TPyIVQwIScOCorcP-O8xao-P8RmtO3TOb0UTy9VWGaC02v83ECTWxTxQqT4VMfo0HJOC_96IFN-1tc2szkrgMioV5Est6-FM47LXRNxYnTBaDNHf1ZevHMw3oUdfnt5MMP_vJNawTcxHXE35f8I5WEJ4GzhFgmIiWxb4m2a9z7mnUX8t1-8n3cKFagV0XZ0dIr80fvcAkwC_pmXMLMrBSq1Oygr0CsA8tXcs0RrMd4DfTJ_FbUA3lnSvkG4LQQwCV1055v3HuAydbfDy983EyrXy8FuZ-KdnXTpbW5uhFeXokn5xzzQFlA9=w635-h504-no

Deleted member 60312

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 29, 2019
User banned (permanent): troll account
Prove it. PROVE that it has anything to do with the topic of transexuals.

kinjx11

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
User Banned (Permanent): Transphobia
i agree with the guy

transgenders competing in sports against women is a pure joke

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
i agree with the guy

Yeah, all these trans people will obviously take all the gold medals in the female categories in the olympics as soon as they are allowed to participate

...which happened like 2 olympics ago and no trans women had a gold medal?
hmmm interesting

Deleted member 60312

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 29, 2019
So are you not only bordering on being ok with transphobia but are also admiting not reading BOTH the OPs ?
All I've seen is a lot of he said she said, and nothing else. If it was actually transphobic, they wouldn't have made it a result of MULTIPLE sales going on at the same time. They would've just put it on the base game.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Because I don't believe anything without some amount of proof.

A dev has already been transphobic on a public platform. I believe this particular thing could be a coincidence, but there's no point giving a transphobe the benefit of the doubt. Especially when the Steam forum and reviews are full of people championing the jab at the suicide stat. It's on the devs to come out and clear the air and disavow or distance themselves from those people.
It's not on anyone else to go to bat for, or be overly charitable to those who have already come out as transphobic.

Last edited:

Brokenrobot

Jul 12, 2018
Love it when devs have to pander to internet bottom feeders because they know the game they made can't stand on its own merit. See also: Kingdom Come.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i agree with the guy

Why is it only Trans folk = MTF with this shit.
Olympicly trained women can fucking curb stomp Cis dudes, Trans Women ain't walking in and doing hit just cause they had some T.

Show more respect to our Cis Female athletes damn.

Also Transgender includes FTM for goddess. Stop using it exclusively as MTF trying to invade women spaces.