• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
78761881_544120472836665_3104168930076262400_n.png

wut...

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Zapp is so underrated in Battlegrounds. I've managed to snipe so many key units with that card.

Oct 25, 2017
Triple Bagurgle and then I added one more because I had Brann on the board......everyone had at least one Bagurgle in the final 4 but I had more poison lol

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Played Demons for the first time. Just killed myself with Wrath Weaver when I was about the win the game with 1 HP. 10/10 would play Demons again.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Oddly enough I think I'm most excited for Priest with the coming expansion. Hoping for some really cool deathrattle stuff that isn't just about resummoning annoying minions.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
I have been playing the battlegrounds since it came out. I expected I would grow tired of it as I dont like PVP in general these days, but I am still playing. Im not good or anything, but Im having fun. I like the fact that theres not really any emoting or chatting or anything. Theres no actual room for toxicity, and I can play however I want for fun and Im not ruining anyone elses day like I would in a DOTA match or something.

Legit fun. Best thing they have added to the game in AGES. I really wish more quests could be finished in this mode. I would be stacking gold like crazy.

DGrade

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Made a fireside gathering just to open my 108? packs. Probably one of my luckier pulls with 8 Legends:

Both Hunter legends
Both Mage legends
Nozdormu
Frizz
Kronx
Golden Alexstrasza

aBIGeye

Nov 2, 2017
Just played against my first mech control warrior post patch... can't say that I missed that deck, shish. When is the expansion launch?

Helot_Azure

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Opened my packs early. I got Dragonqueen Alexstraza, Flik Whatever, Nithogg, and the Elemental mage legendary.

Pretty happy overall. Got almost all the epics I wanted. Probably going to start with Shaman.

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Honstly Battlegrounds has made me care about playing Hearthstone again. Its been forever.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Played Demons for the first time. Just killed myself with Wrath Weaver when I was about the win the game with 1 HP. 10/10 would play Demons again.
Trolden had a whole montage of streamers killing themselves with demons on one of his videos. I haven't done it yet but I've come very, very close lol.

I'm up above 5400 for the first time. Finally able to string together some success. I was floating around 5100 for like 2 weeks.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Trolden had a whole montage of streamers killing themselves with demons on one of his videos. I haven't done it yet but I've come very, very close lol.

I'm up above 5400 for the first time. Finally able to string together some success. I was floating around 5100 for like 2 weeks.
I'm stuck at 5K on my main, but finally won a game after tons of tries lol. Demons can get insanely high stats with the new Floating Watcher atm. Was only able to beat them with poisonous Murlocs. Probably should play some more demons for easy high placements.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
the single biggest problem I find with demons is that they don't get divine shields and poisonous, that is a huge advantage that mechs and murlocs get, now with beasts it's a bit different, they don't get that either, but they get to multiply mid combat and with tools like mama bear they have a big endgame to try to combat those strategies.

if they want to make demons relevant they need to either make them scalate to the level of divine shield/poisonous or make an endgame tool for them to try and combat those strategies

Last edited:

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Kaahrj is being overrated. Comparisons to Shredder seem a little weird when priest wouldn't play shredder, and Kaahrj is a singleton that requires something decent on the board to get value AND it leaves that decent minion on the board.

I simply don't think it's that good.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think Kaahrj is being overrated. Comparisons to Shredder seem a little weird when priest wouldn't play shredder, and Kaahrj is a singleton that requires something decent on the board to get value AND it leaves that decent minion on the board.

I simply don't think it's that good.
I don't think it goes above more than 2 in a 5 scale system, the card seems fine, but if you want to answer something big kaahrj doesn't cut it, too slow and really doesn't to make a good answer on board.

may be copying friendly minions it could be better, but we know that would make it extremely busted

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think battlegrounds currently is hurting pretty bad from the poisonous meta. I'm glad they are making constant changes. You never feel awful about the current meta because of how soon it will likely be experimented with.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I think battlegrounds currently is hurting pretty bad from the poisonous meta. I'm glad they are making constant changes. You never feel awful about the current meta because of how soon it will likely be experimented with.
I don't think it's that bad, even if it is the most powerful currently. It's beatable and plenty of times I only come across fairly weak murloc builds because everyone is fishing for then (pun intended).

Now the super highrollers, that's unfortunate.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Fck it, opened some packs. Got 4 legendaries, most look meh though.

-Malygos, Aspect of Magic
-Flik Skyshiv
-Zzeraku the Warped
-Shu'ma

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I didn't think I was interested in more Hearthstone but found myself watching Battlegrounds a lot just went ahead and preordered 60 packs and only got 3 legendaries but one is golden. Got 13 epics too which I guess is average but seems like I usually get less than that.

Legendaries were...
Veranus
Golden Dragonrider Talritha
Mindflayer Kaahrj

might try some Priest after the expansion. I have t played it much since Shadowreaper Anduin left.

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Have a feeling that poison is going to get nerf in some way in battlegrounds. First place just come down to who have the most minions with poison and divine shield.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Have a feeling that poison is going to get nerf in some way in battlegrounds. First place just come down to who have the most minions with poison and divine shield.
While it does feel like that is often the best and safest approach, I absolutely annihilated everyone with an insane deathrattle build that was pretty much anti divine shield poisonous. Granted I got a really early Baron, so that helped a lot

Edit: Savjz had a similar game not too long ago. His was even more insane because his final boss was another person running a deathrattle comp. Worth looking up.

Last edited:

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Was 1v1ing a dude with the same Murloc comp as me for first place for like 5 times in Battlegrounds. He was stuck at 1 HP for all that time, but just didn't want to die because he had a humongous Hydra with 90 attack/health from Brann, all his Murlocs had better stats too and beat me down from 30HP to 2 HP. It was kinda funny how we both just couldn't find a Megasaur for Divine Shields. Manage to take the win with a lucky double trade from my Amalgan with Divine Shield into his 2 taunted Murlocs without and the 2 plants deathrattle, since we would have tied without the small plants.

Was probably the most fun game I've played in Battlegrounds.

Oct 25, 2017
I am going to attempt a waxadred, shadow of death, stowaway, dragon, quest rogue list work... may also just try a tempo rogue feat. dragons. Or maybe some kind of pirate dragon hybrid... heh.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks to Battlegrounds I haven't been theorycrafting at all, will be fun to go in semi-blind tonight.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
The new shop is live, at least on mobile Android. I like the interface. It's clean. But no sign of Heroes right now, just card packs. Like I don't even see a section for Heroes. I want my dark lady. Rexxar is my last OG hero that needs replacing! Haha.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Broke down and pre-ordered this expansion, first time since The Witchwood. There are just so many good cards and fun decks that I want to try out and my dust reserves were getting pretty low. 3 more hours to go!

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
With the power level of this deck I do have to wonder if we'll be seeing like a reboot next year of some kind. Also ties into the year bringing back popular characters from past expansions as well.

Well, that's next year. It's time for Dragons now. Do we have an OT title Yet? If not, I'll throw my suggestion as:

Hearthstone: Descent of Dragons |OT| What does the scouter say about it's power level?

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
2 free golden:
goru the mightree
ysera

90 packs from gold:
nozdormu
zzeraka
veranus
kronx dragonhoof

not bad i guess.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Well my pack opening was horrendous. They really need to lower the pity timer on legendaries already, 40 packs is beyond ridiculous, even more so considering I almost hit the damn thing three times.

Edit: And now I hit a double legendary pack, I guess complaining works.

Edit: Alright so after bitching about my crappy packs I opened 5 legendaries in 25 packs. What Blizzard dev is watching this thread?

Last edited:

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've never been so lucky before.

Opened 120 packs, got ELEVEN legendaries. 10 normal legendaries and one golden legendary. like whaaaat

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Of course the only legendary I open in 20 packs is fucking Shu'ma.

Why do I even bother with this shit at this point.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
106 packs:

Goru
Chenvaala
Malygos (pre-order)
Dragonrider Talritha
Flik
Bandersmosh
Ancharr

Crafted Kronx and Alexstraza with my dust.

Not the best pulls.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I just pulled 4 legendaries in 49 packs including a golden Malygos. I'm so happy.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
167 Packs, 12 legendaries

Dragonqueen Alexstraza (Golden) (Bundle 1)
Dragonbane (Golden) (Bundle 2)
Ysera, Unleashed
Chenvaala
Nithogg
Nozdormu the Timeless
Kronx Dragonhoof
Bandersmosh
Flik Skyshiv
Valdaris Felgore
Frizz Kindleroost
Dragonrider Talritha

Was hoping for a few more Dragons to be honest. Golden Alexstraza encouraged me to craft Zephrys and run some Highlander decks. Highlander seems strong in this meta, espicially with Frizz and Barista.

Status
Not open for further replies.