• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aBIGeye

Nov 2, 2017
3 legendary (Dragonbane, Bandersmosh, Nithogg) in 50 packs, but quite some epics.
Trying the hero power/secrets Hunter recipe, first match against a Pirate Warrior (seems a very nice tempo aggro deck with almost a MTG feel) and Galakron Quest Shaman (which felt immediatly unfair against my junk).

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Opened 14 packs which included the 8 I got for free and 6 I purchased with gold. Unfortunately, I didn't get any of the Rogue cards I wanted, but I did pull the mage legendary Malygos, and a Golden Nozdormu.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pissed that Murozond doesn't actually play minions as its texts suggest. It just summons them.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Opened about 240 packs between preorders and gold, this is probably my best result so far in every expansion ever...

I got... all legendaries, no kidding, of course 2 from the preorders, but the rest I opened, including 2 golden ones (veranus and tree)

Is there any good list I can get about pirate warrior? I really want to try it but I don't have a list

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Opened about 240 packs between preorders and gold, this is probably my best result so far in every expansion ever...

I got... all legendaries, no kidding, of course 2 from the preorders, but the rest I opened, including 2 golden ones (veranus and tree)

Is there any good list I can get about pirate warrior? I really want to try it but I don't have a list

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy

Here is my list. It is the pre-made one except I removed the Rush package for Dragonmaw Poachers and Mortal Strikes.

### Drop the Ancharrr!
# Class: Warrior
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (1) Sky Raider
# 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
# 2x (1) Upgrade!
# 2x (2) Bloodsail Raider
# 2x (2) Parachute Brigand
# 1x (3) Ancharrr
# 2x (3) Livewire Lance
# 2x (3) Skybarge
# 2x (3) Southsea Captain
# 2x (4) Dragonmaw Poacher
# 2x (4) Dread Corsair
# 1x (4) Hoard Pillager
# 2x (4) Kor'kron Elite
# 2x (4) Mortal Strike
# 2x (5) Arcanite Reaper
# 1x (5) Captain Greenskin
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
#
AAECAQcEyAOvBN6tA+iwAw0csAL/A6gF1AWkBu4G5wf1qAPcrQPdrQPpsAPwsAMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Oct 25, 2017
Three Galakronds Quest Shamans in a row. Gee, I wonder which deck has already been determined to be broken lol.
I've actually been beating them down with this new freeze mage. Seems decent for right now.

Also finally been beating the pirate warriors with a control-ish Galakrond Shaman, which has also been beating control warriors because of multiple Shudder shenanigans.

Though it's only a matter of time before things likely turn to shit.

OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
130 packs:

Ysera, unleashed
Dragonbane
Golden Nozdorumu the Timeless
Mindflayer Kaahrj
Flik Skyshiv
Frizz Kindleroost
Kronx Dragonhoof
Shu'ma
Sathrovarr

Helot_Azure

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That new Paladin mechanic with no neutrals is awesome. I'm pissed that it's restricted to only 2 cards. I'd love to see more of it in the future.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yo, Sylvanas says so much shit when you play different cards. I l love it.

Did they add lines for any other hero?

Truth. I just feel it's unintuitive. A bit. I know. I'm whining.
really?? I need to see some video about those interactions, if there is anything worthwhile about making paid heroes are those extra interactions

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
I've actually been beating them down with this new freeze mage. Seems decent for right now.

Also finally been beating the pirate warriors with a control-ish Galakrond Shaman, which has also been beating control warriors because of multiple Shudder shenanigans.

Though it's only a matter of time before things likely turn to shit.
Have you got the freeze mage list?

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
My free golden was the treant so I made treant token based on some twitter list. Not convinced it's actually good but it is very satisfying to just keep loading the board with 2/2s turn after turn.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Got the golden 3 mana Pirate Warrior weapon from my pre-order. Guess imma play Pirate Warrior...

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
how did it go on you pack openings? saw you open packs and play with your friend yesterday

Pretty solid! Ended up getting more packs after, so like 190 total. Got a ton of epics as well, and I have dust to craft most stuff. Already crafted stuff like Dragonqueen Alex and Ancharr.

Malygos, Aspect of Magic (Free Gold Pre-order)
Zzeraku the Warped
Mindflayer Kaahrj
Waxadred
Kronx Dragonhoof
Goru the Mightree
Dragonbane
Chenvaala
Bandersmosh
Valdris Felgorge

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
It was consistent last patch with broken evolve and nothing was done this won't change anything

Edit: had quoted the wrong person, fixed
I think the problem with the shaman and Druid quest is, it's just too easy to achieve. The numbers required to complete it are just too low. Compare it to the mage quest, which really doesn't have a huge impact on the game, but that requires 10 spells which sometimes can take a lot of the game, even if the deck is built for it. I think they need to push both Druid/Shaman quests a few more higher and it should balance it out.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty solid! Ended up getting more packs after, so like 190 total. Got a ton of epics as well, and I have dust to craft most stuff. Already crafted stuff like Dragonqueen Alex and Ancharr.

Malygos, Aspect of Magic (Free Gold Pre-order)
Zzeraku the Warped
Mindflayer Kaahrj
Waxadred
Kronx Dragonhoof
Goru the Mightree
Dragonbane
Chenvaala
Bandersmosh
Valdris Felgorge
nice haul! I also got golden malygos form my preorder leg.. that golden legendary sheep is something lol

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Hm, wonder which deck is crazy busted right now? 🤔

screenshot2019-12-11arbj6j.png

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I played some Galakuest Shaman and it does feel pretty good. I remember Quest Shaman felt a little too powerful at the start of last set but it didn't end up being the most oppressive deck of the set so I could see this ending up similarly. I'm just playing Galakrempo Rogue now and it's got a fun play style. It's definitely easy to make huge Edwin's, and I'm running Questing Explorer but they don't seem to pop off too frequently. Still useful against slow decks.

I crafted Warrior's legendary weapon so I'll try more Pirate Warrior at some point too. I need to resist the urge to craft legendaries for other decks, but I really want to for some Dragon decks. I might try to find a Galakrond Priest deck. Galakronds are my favorite new archetypes so far. I didn't think they seemed like they'd be very powerful but so far the Invoke cards are decent and the payoff of Galakrond is typically enough to close the game soon after.

EDIT: I liked Quest Hunter last expansion and didn't even think about how great Shu'ma would be for it... I don't think I can make myself craft it though.

Last edited:

kevyward

Oct 27, 2017
So far only dropped 2 games as Highlander Dragon Hunter. Sitting at Rank 4 and I have been beating Shaman and Warriors on the climb.

Only reason I wanted to play Hunter is because of Sylvanas Hero card haha.

Fooled around with Gonk Druid and had limited success with Highlander Mage yesterday.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
I played some Galakuest Shaman and it does feel pretty good. I remember Quest Shaman felt a little too powerful at the start of last set but it didn't end up being the most oppressive deck of the set so I could see this ending up similarly. I'm just playing Galakrempo Rogue now and it's got a fun play style. It's definitely easy to make huge Edwin's, and I'm running Questing Explorer but they don't seem to pop off too frequently. Still useful against slow decks.

I crafted Warrior's legendary weapon so I'll try more Pirate Warrior at some point too. I need to resist the urge to craft legendaries for other decks, but I really want to for some Dragon decks. I might try to find a Galakrond Priest deck. Galakronds are my favorite new archetypes so far. I didn't think they seemed like they'd be very powerful but so far the Invoke cards are decent and the payoff of Galakrond is typically enough to close the game soon after.

EDIT: I liked Quest Hunter last expansion and didn't even think about how great Shu'ma would be for it... I don't think I can make myself craft it though.
I've been trying my own homebrew hunter quest with Shuma. It's been OK but haven't actually been able to use the quest power with Shuma in the 5ish games I played.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I've been trying my own homebrew hunter quest with Shuma. It's been OK but haven't actually been able to use the quest power with Shuma in the 5ish games I played.
I might try and play without Shu'ma. Since it activates end of your turn it doesn't seem like it synergizes that well with the quest hero power. This list was posted to Reddit so I might try it out and just put in Flark instead of Shu'ma. I would've thought 2 Clear the Ways would be a no brainer too since it's so easy to activate it so there might be some more tweaks to make.

### Quest Hunter
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 1x (1) Clear the Way
# 2x (1) Springpaw
# 1x (1) Unseal the Vault
# 2x (2) Hench-Clan Hogsteed
# 1x (2) Knife Juggler
# 2x (2) Questing Explorer
# 2x (3) Animal Companion
# 2x (3) Desert Spear
# 2x (3) Diving Gryphon
# 1x (3) SN1P-SN4P
# 2x (3) Unleash the Hounds
# 2x (4) Bone Wraith
# 2x (5) Faceless Corruptor
# 1x (5) Halazzi, the Lynx
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 2x (6) Swarm of Locusts
# 1x (6) Veranus
# 1x (7) Shu'ma
# 1x (10) Sea Giant
#
AAECAR8K0wGvBLEIoIAD44sDpKUD+K8DrrED2LIDn7cDCrUD2wmghQPHnQPkpAO7pQPypQOYqQOOrQOCsQMA
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/71v3HTOgy1TU4BusMiHWnf/

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Same as it was before, with warrior if you don't draw the correct conbination of card in the early game, you are dead, simple as that. Aggro decks depend on the correct curve, they are extremely powerful if they do, weak AF if they don't

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
Veranus seems like an easy cut from that list. I don't have Halazzi and don't like hunter quest enough to craft her. Leeroy I might try. I'm going to try Clear the Way too.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Veranus seems like an easy cut from that list. I don't have Halazzi and don't like hunter quest enough to craft her. Leeroy I might try. I'm going to try Clear the Way too.
I have Halazzi and it is really good in the deck. I guess it could be replaced with some other kind of draw or refill. I unpacked Veranus and was wondering how it would work in Highlander Hunter but it seems like a more natural fit for the quest deck, not sure why I didn't think of that first. I guess I was blinded by wanted to try a Dragon Hunter deck but I don't have Dragonbane or the neutral legendary that discounts dragons.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
I have Halazzi and it is really good in the deck. I guess it could be replaced with some other kind of draw or refill. I unpacked Veranus and was wondering how it would work in Highlander Hunter but it seems like a more natural fit for the quest deck, not sure why I didn't think of that first. I guess I was blinded by wanted to try a Dragon Hunter deck but I don't have Dragonbane or the neutral legendary that discounts dragons.
I'm not sure if Veranus works in quest because the problem is rarely a big board needing to be cleared. It's running out of cards or AOE that keeps wiping your army of 3/1s. I'm rarely scared of a big board in fact because outside of a N'zoth style situation there aren't many boards big enough to handle 7 3/1s with rush. If I had it I'd try it, but I don't think it will be a critical part of quest hunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.