• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAT

Oct 30, 2017
Had a nice little run in Battlegrounds and got up to 5.9K. I've had great luck with Akazamzarak lately, I think I've actually taken 1st in my last 2-3 games with him.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
It was consistent last patch with broken evolve and nothing was done this won't change anything

Edit: had quoted the wrong person, fixed

Well I'm not sure they were ever really going to touch anything during the wild cards event, they should have just taken them out sooner. Correct me if I'm wrong but Quest Shaman was never overwhelmingly strong prior to that either. I think the addition of Galakrond stuff is putting it over the top although I wouldn't be surprised at all if Blizzard decided to hunker down and wait for the rotation before changing it.

I guess the good news for Shaman is that Galakrond seems to be pretty solid with or without the quest so a nerf to the quest side of things shouldn't hurt too much.

Oct 25, 2017
XPoCwjl.jpg

I beat the shit out ofyour city give me the damn card back

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This might actually be the worst tavern brawl they've ever done. The instructions are useless, the bugs are insane, the actual fight sucks.

one of the treasures just locks up your game.

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
what the hell, literally just got on and open my 2 packs i got from the quest today and gotten a golden flik shyshiv and a swampqueen hagatha.

Oct 25, 2017
Hooboy...Stormhammer is really fun. Being able to just swing over and over and over and over. Thinking about adding Captain Greenskin just because

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Galakrond Shaman feels ridiculously broken. The battle cry from Galakrond is far and away better than any other Galakrond simply because of the huge tempo shift you get from summoning two 8/8's with rush (Not even factoring in if you're running a Quest Shaman deck). Every game I've played against one (Which has been a TON of games at this point because everybody is playing this deck) has felt impossible to come back from once Galakrond is played and they spiral out of control.

I played a bit of Galakrond Rogue earlier and the day and it stinks in comparison because I feel like if you don't high-roll on the cards drawn off of Galakrond then it isn't very good.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
can this game be not completely busted just once. the shaman is just way too over the top silly, like what is even this power level/mana.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Anyone else on mobile and notice a significant increase in battery usage? I used to be able to play several games on my XR without it really denting the batter but now i play 2-3 and it seems to be eating away at it. Been much worse since the expansion launched.

WillyGubbins

Oct 27, 2017
Glasgow
Anyone else on mobile and notice a significant increase in battery usage? I used to be able to play several games on my XR without it really denting the batter but now i play 2-3 and it seems to be eating away at it. Been much worse since the expansion launched.

I haven't noticed that but performance in general seems to be way worse on my iPad (Pro 10.5). It stutters constantly and generally runs like crap.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Granted it is only day two, but 8/10 of the highest win rate decks on hsreplay are Shaman decks.
I'm not disputing Shaman is strong, of course it is. Looking at the thier list on hsreplay, Shaman has the sole Tier 1 deck (with a whopping 62% winrate) and 3 decks in top 5 of tier 2. It's strong. It's also still day 3-ish and alot of other classes have strong decks. Pirate Warrior sits at 57% and Hunter, Rogue, Warlock, Mage all have (multiple) decks with a higher than 50% winrate.

Galakrond Shaman is the outlier deck and will undoutebly be targetted for some nerfs sooner or later as it is the top deck for now with a positive win rate against everything. But it's not that oppressive if you ask me personally, I have lost with it and won against it with Zoolock, Highlander Mage and Pirate Warrior.

The sentiment that balance is fucked, meta sucks and whatnot just irks me in the wrong way, because it doesn't feel that way to me.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
My overreaction is that Warlock Galakrond is garbage and needs a buff. Seems mean of Blizzard considering how much better every Galakrond is.

I'm enjoying Galakrempo Rogue since it actually feels pretty different from past versions from me. Kind of a mix with Miracle. I did just start playing Quest Hunter and it still feels powerful. Beat some Shamans and Pirate Warriors. I was even able to clear the two 5/6 taunts on curve.

Stealth favourite thing of the expansion is all my stupid naming of decks. Nothing but Galakuests, Galakontrol, and Galakrempo. I'll have to try a Galaggro.

Last edited:

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
53% winrate with favorable matchups against Rogue, Warrior, Druid, Hunter, Mage and Paladin.

That's not at all garbage, it's a fantastic deck / archetype so far.
I'll admit I haven't played it much, and watched a bit on YouTube. The actual battle cry just feels bad. I'm sure someone's done the math but I feel like the average demons stats has to be around 3/3. I'll try some Galakroo though. I imagine that they didn't make it too powerful specifically because Zoolock is always pretty strong.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
I'll admit I haven't played it much, and watched a bit on YouTube. The actual battle cry just feels bad. I'm sure someone's done the math but I feel like the average demons stats has to be around 3/3. I'll try some Galakroo though. I imagine that they didn't make it too powerful specifically because Zoolock is always pretty strong.
The battlecry is not great but the constant imps can be a problem, i think. You pretty much play all the invoke cards and have a board all the time and eventually overrun.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I fucking hate the feeling of playing against OTK decks. Especially if you've never seen that particular otk before. It just doesn't feel good. and it seems really boring to play from their end too, since it's usually just about getting certain pieces into play and then instantly winning. I fucking hate it.

TL DR I'm salty about losing to high keeper ra OTK

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
I fucking hate the feeling of playing against OTK decks. Especially if you've never seen that particular otk before. It just doesn't feel good. and it seems really boring to play from their end too, since it's usually just about getting certain pieces into play and then instantly winning. I fucking hate it.

TL DR I'm salty about losing to high keeper ra OTK

I agree with you, but Highkeeper Ra is such a stupid cool thing that I almost wouldn't be mad losing to it.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not disputing Shaman is strong, of course it is. Looking at the thier list on hsreplay, Shaman has the sole Tier 1 deck (with a whopping 62% winrate) and 3 decks in top 5 of tier 2. It's strong. It's also still day 3-ish and alot of other classes have strong decks. Pirate Warrior sits at 57% and Hunter, Rogue, Warlock, Mage all have (multiple) decks with a higher than 50% winrate.

Galakrond Shaman is the outlier deck and will undoutebly be targetted for some nerfs sooner or later as it is the top deck for now with a positive win rate against everything. But it's not that oppressive if you ask me personally, I have lost with it and won against it with Zoolock, Highlander Mage and Pirate Warrior.

The sentiment that balance is fucked, meta sucks and whatnot just irks me in the wrong way, because it doesn't feel that way to me.
I think shit is mostly fine...for now, but I'll be damned if Faceless Corruptor doesn't feel busted as fuck. I feel like every deck is gonna be playing that card

Oct 25, 2017
Shouldn't Control Galakrond Priest shit on Shaman? Seems the best way to deal with the 8/8s.
I would think so, at least for the hero power galak turn. But you'd still have to have some answer to Shudder. The 5/6's too. I think I'll try it later.
Or you could just play combo Priest. I was just playing it without any new cards and was crushing any quest shamans. I think Shaman is probably better without the quest to be honest.
On HSReplay it is already showing up as the most played card by a huge margin.
I really can't think of many reasons not to play it. The only decks I have that don't use it are pure paladin and a few mage decks that I could probably cut cards from to include it.

Oct 25, 2017
I think galakrond invoke for shaman is just way too good. If they make it a 1/1 rush then that actually would make 10x more sense then what they have now. I just dunno what they were thinking making invoke so strong for that class in tempo and removal but making it have weaknesses for every other class. The downside is way too small on invoke cards for shaman or they are just simply too good. Even their spirit wolf thing lends itself to dominating the board. There is no weakness to that deck archetype that has that much removal and that much board presence. It is like... I dunno... playing a deck mostly built with strong rush minions... of course it is gonna be OP. They did not learn with dr. boom giving all mechs rush, that shit is very powerful and has to be balanced carefully.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Toggwaggle Priest is kind of fun. Just a two card combo but pretty hard to find time to pull off. Toggwaggle then Murakond the next turn.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey Folks,

Just to give a heads up - we're working on a balance update that will arrive within the next week with card adjustments for Descent of Dragons, including some changes aimed at Shaman. Any cards that are affected will be given full Arcane Dust refunds.

Stay tuned for more details next week.

Cheers,
The Hearthstone Team

Lol that was fast.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
holy shit... it isn't even a week since new meta and there are changes coming? they have really sped up these fixes.

Remember undertaker hunter?

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
That is crazy. I was more the camp of wait and see, thinking it was pretty dang powerful but unsure how problematic. I thought earliest nerf would be a month though. I like that they say it'll get hit early so people can avoid crafting cards for the deck in case it becomes too weak.

Reflects a bit badly on the design and balance team.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That is crazy. I was more the camp of wait and see, thinking it was pretty dang powerful but unsure how problematic. I thought earliest nerf would be a month though. I like that they say it'll get hit early so people can avoid crafting cards for the deck in case it becomes too weak.

Reflects a bit badly on the design and balance team.

imo, on the contrary, it reflects they are more willing to design a fix in case of something undesired coming up and how quickly they can do the fixes

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn. Well I know it's strong, but it would've been nice to see if there were decent counters. But I guess this is fine. I think I'd rather them do it fast, than wait too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.