• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I would still say that flik is an amazing utility card that has every characteristic to be played in many rogue decks, it's a good craft anyway, if you have extra dust that is, because flik is a utility card, not a built around card or a win condition. Shirvallah paladins are somewhat a coincidence

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
34bje55737441.png

🤔🤔🤔
Priest still has above a 35% win percentage. Time to Hall of Fame Northshire Cleric because drawing cards isn't part of the class identity.

Oct 25, 2017
I have been doing pretty well vs shaman with several variants of galakrond rogue. I have also seen people do well with deathrattle focused versions, necrium apothecary is borderline broken tbh, especially if high rolled with necrium blade.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
two of my favourite three classes at the fucking bottom. Not a strange place for priests at all, unfortunately.

I am so much of a layman when it comes to card game design theory, but I keep seeing the idea thrown around for the last few years about how the problem with priests in particular is that their core and basic sets are so lacking that they always rely on expansions for strength, and so they fly up and down in the ranking erratically from expansion to expansion. But I do often see fairly strong cards in their expansion sets. So why do they always seem to wind up so fucking week?

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they're tied to days this time. as soon as you complete one, you should see the next one in the chain the next day. I've had a 200g one for 3 or 4 days now which I'm close to finishing. I think it requires me to play 100 cards.
I only had 1 each day, completed one and the next one appeared until next day, if you don't get them on the day they relaease then they get stacked for the next time you come back online and complete them

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I only had 1 each day, completed one and the next one appeared until next day, if you don't get them on the day they relaease then they get stacked for the next time you come back online and complete them

Right, so, there's nothing special about tomorrow really. You could have finished the chain by now.

Oct 25, 2017
Could you share a list friend?

This is my favorite galakrond rogue list so far but I have dabbled in an auctioneer version and a highlander too

### Sharkakrond
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Praise Galakrond!
# 1x (1) Togwaggle's Scheme
# 2x (2) Sap
# 1x (3) Edwin VanCleef
# 2x (3) EVIL Miscreant
# 2x (3) Seal Fate
# 2x (4) Devoted Maniac
# 2x (4) Lifedrinker
# 2x (4) Spirit of the Shark
# 2x (4) Umbral Skulker
# 2x (5) Faceless Corruptor
# 2x (5) Shield of Galakrond
# 1x (6) Flik Skyshiv
# 1x (6) Heistbaron Togwaggle
# 1x (6) Kronx Dragonhoof
# 1x (7) Galakrond, the Nightmare
#
AAECAaIHBrICr5EDkpcDwa4D47QDy8ADDLQB7QLNA+/xArSGA4+XA7auA7muA/6uA6qvA86vA4KxAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
two of my favourite three classes at the fucking bottom. Not a strange place for priests at all, unfortunately.

I am so much of a layman when it comes to card game design theory, but I keep seeing the idea thrown around for the last few years about how the problem with priests in particular is that their core and basic sets are so lacking that they always rely on expansions for strength, and so they fly up and down in the ranking erratically from expansion to expansion. But I do often see fairly strong cards in their expansion sets. So why do they always seem to wind up so fucking week?
Because Priest lacks actual win conditions outside the very tired and inconsistent Divine Spirit/Inner Fire combo. Team 5 seems to want Priest to win through pure endurance and value generation, but the value generation is random and underwhelming, and getting there is way harder than it is with other classes.

Putting Mind Blast in the Hall of Fame is one of the worst decisions the devs have ever made. It forced players to rely even more on Inner Fire/Divine Spirit and made Priest's basic/classic kit even weaker.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
This is my favorite galakrond rogue list so far but I have dabbled in an auctioneer version and a highlander too

### Sharkakrond
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Praise Galakrond!
# 1x (1) Togwaggle's Scheme
# 2x (2) Sap
# 1x (3) Edwin VanCleef
# 2x (3) EVIL Miscreant
# 2x (3) Seal Fate
# 2x (4) Devoted Maniac
# 2x (4) Lifedrinker
# 2x (4) Spirit of the Shark
# 2x (4) Umbral Skulker
# 2x (5) Faceless Corruptor
# 2x (5) Shield of Galakrond
# 1x (6) Flik Skyshiv
# 1x (6) Heistbaron Togwaggle
# 1x (6) Kronx Dragonhoof
# 1x (7) Galakrond, the Nightmare
#
AAECAaIHBrICr5EDkpcDwa4D47QDy8ADDLQB7QLNA+/xArSGA4+XA7auA7muA/6uA6qvA86vA4KxAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Thanks!

Man, after being on a cool tear for a couple of years never really wanting for dust and being able to craft whatever I want (by buying the single highest pre-order for each expansion each time), I finally reached a bit of a breaking point. I had to go back into my collection and disenchant a couple of wild golden Leggos to be able to craft what I needed for this.

BigAT

Oct 30, 2017
I'm kind of surprised to see how not great some people are with Rafaam in Battlegrounds. I thought he would get an immediate nerf, but in practice it feels like he finishes in a generally reasonable range most games. He still feels pretty OP whenever I get a chance to play with him though.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of surprised to see how not great some people are with Rafaam in Battlegrounds. I thought he would get an immediate nerf, but in practice it feels like he finishes in a generally reasonable range most games. He still feels pretty OP whenever I get a chance to play with him though.
Yeah I've been surprised as well. I find that having to manage the bonus minions sometimes even screws me up, as I run out time while I'm trying to cycle through.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I copied one of the pirate Warrior lists here and it's been working out so far in the low ranks where I frequent. It's a refreshing change from the last expansion where I played control almost exclusively. Brings back memories of Patches when the Parachute drops in from your hand on T1.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Maybe it's just a pocket meta I'm in, but I've been having success with Treant Druid. It can typically kill Shaman before it's really powerful cards can get online and can even outrace Face Hunter. And it absolutely wrecks Necrium Rogue. Basically, the lack of any AOEs being run right now make it real easy to go wide and then just blow your opponent up with Savage Roar/Blessing of the Ancients.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Maybe it's just a pocket meta I'm in, but I've been having success with Treant Druid. It can typically kill Shaman before it's really powerful cards can get online and can even outrace Face Hunter. And it absolutely wrecks Necrium Rogue. Basically, the lack of any AOEs being run right now make it real easy to go wide and then just blow your opponent up with Savage Roar/Blessing of the Ancients.
Yeah it seems really good. Been playing highlander mage and been crushed a few times now by one. Can't get enough stalling time to the big aoe/keep up with the board

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Pro tip for this week's brawl: it's Wild format, and Warlock has a ton of cards that let you destroy your own minions for cheap.

Also, news is that the balance patch is set to hit tomorrow.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Patch isn't live till tomorrow and they usually go live simultaneously (patch + notes)

I don't think that's ever happened actually. Nerfs have basically always been announced a few days to a week prior to the patch.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking patches in general, guess I was wrong on nerfs particularly. I guess with this being a rather oddly fast balance patch, they might still be working on it 'till the end.

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Ladder is still annoying as fuck.

Anyone know hen the next Hearthstone esports event takes place? I looked at the online schedule but didn't see anything past November.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Good updates. Murlocs will return to sanity in BG.

EDIT:

I misunderstood. I thought the Brann minion was leaving BG, not the hero. The Brann minion means that Murlocs will still dominate because they can still stack health buffs and double dip on Megasaur. It'll just be a little harder to find those buffs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.