• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure I saw a stat somewhere indicating Jaraxxus is one of the better heroes at lower ratings, because pushing for hard stats (which Jaraxxus can easily do) wins games at those ratings. I'll try and look it up when I get the time, thought it was rather interesting.
www.invenglobal.com

Hearthstone developer Dean Ayala shares 10 fun stats about Battlegrounds

Hearthstone Battlegrounds' meta is vibrant and alive. Two weeks after seven new heroes joined Bartender Bob's tavern for some autobattler action the mode remains a popular alternative to the Standard

Lord Jaraxxus proves to be a difficult one to play against for the lesser-skilled Battlegrounds players. He's the fifth-highest placing champion on average among players with less than 5000 MMR, and has the second-highest top four rate. However, for players with more than 5000 MMR, his performances grant him a depressing 28th placement among all other heroes.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure I saw a stat somewhere indicating Jaraxxus is one of the better heroes at lower ratings, because pushing for hard stats (which Jaraxxus can easily do) wins games at those ratings. I'll try and look it up when I get the time, thought it was rather interesting.
I remember seeing that. I think it was posted in this thread.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Won a BG game but I felt bad for my opponent at the end.

I had a dragon board that was pretty weak save for a giant Razorgore (couldn't find Kalecgos or triples) and he was running beasts.

First game, my whelp hits his Baron twice and then my Zapp takes out his Mama Bear. He does get lucky as my Razorgore slams into his Maexxna and he wins by one Highmane, leaving me at exactly 1HP. If he was T6 I would've lost.

Next turn I triple Zapp and put in a Coiler but otherwise use the same minions. This time he's replaced his Baron. Whelp takes out Mama Bear and Zapp takes out Maexxna. Last minion standing is my Razorgore and I win.

Oct 25, 2017
Mobile seems kind of messed up right now....or perhaps it's just me.

Anytime I'm on the coin, it displays my mana crystals incorrectly. It's already messed me up a couple of times. And it's also not displaying my rank when I'm about to queue.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
New ranked system starts tomorrow. I thought I would hit Legend again this month, but I got stuck at rank 3 for a long time. Made it up to 2 but I'm not gonna bother with the final push. It will be a lot of fun to see if the grind is truly made easier by the rework of ranked.

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone talking about demon hunter and I am here just thinking how many of this we will see
637200701184381231.png
+
DRG_255.png

Teron Gorefiend? Oh god that brings back very bad WoW memories.....

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Got to rank 5 for the last time under this ranking system. Funny thing was I only had to start from rank 10 despite not playing the game since December, lol.

Oct 25, 2017
New ranked system starts tomorrow. I thought I would hit Legend again this month, but I got stuck at rank 3 for a long time. Made it up to 2 but I'm not gonna bother with the final push. It will be a lot of fun to see if the grind is truly made easier by the rework of ranked.
Yeah I was hoping I could hit legend with Mage, since I consider that to be my "main" class and I've never gotten to legend with it. I eventually want to hit legend with every class, so let's see what the new system brings.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I was hoping I could hit legend with Mage, since I consider that to be my "main" class and I've never gotten to legend with it. I eventually want to hit legend with every class, so let's see what the new system brings.
And don't forget there is a real incentive to get Legend under the new system because you get a legendary card the first time you hit it.

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Genuinely pumped for the ranked revamp tomorrow. I've found it to be really frustrating to be stuck within the same 4-5 ranks for months and months on end, no matter if I play a decent amount or just a little. Even if it's technically inflated with more ranks to hit in the new system, it'll give me a better sense of progression to grind through each month.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am a bit afraid it will disrupt my daily grind, but if somehow this has the same matchmaking than casual play then I'll be playing it more than current ranked

OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
So you get 6 extra stars per win right? Does it say up until what rank you get those?
I do get 6 stars per win. 1 less per rank floor. 12 for winstreak.
It doesn't say in game. This guide lays it out pretty well:

outof.cards

Ranked Play in Hearthstone Drops Ranked Numbers, Moves to Tiers

We're getting a large update to Hearthstone's ranked play! Gone are the different ranked numbers, we're going to metals and gemstones!

I added it to the OP

Timelord19

One Winged Slayer
Aug 21, 2018
Mallorca, Spain
Man I'm fucking salty, I connected day 17 after the stream after more than a year without playing and I didn't get the deck. I send a ticket and they said to me that I entered day 17 but for some reason I can't get it. It fucking sucks.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I got 10 stars. It seems it is better to wait for rotation to get more relevant rewards instead of old cards. The rewards are immediate, not end of season.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
In Wild got x9 Stars while I ended at rank 16, x6 stars in Standard at rank 20 (been playing almost exclusively BG). Seems like it looks at past performance?

EDIT: Mixed on the result though. Wild used to be a place for goofing off for me and trying fun stuff. The last 6 matches all of a suddenly I faced 5 Even Shaman. That's no fun.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In Wild got x9 Stars while I ended at rank 16, x6 stars in Standard at rank 20 (been playing almost exclusively BG). Seems like it looks at past performance?

EDIT: Mixed on the result though. Wild used to be a place for goofing off for me and trying fun stuff. The last 6 matches all of a suddenly I faced 5 Even Shaman. That's no fun.
But it's weird. I finish at rank 9-10 for both standard and wild fairly consistently. I concede a lot on both because I have no interest in playing certain matchups.

I got x8 stars in wild and x5 stars in standard. Not sure why that would be. The highest rank I've ever gotten is rank 3-4 in standard. That was a long time ago though.

Not sure why I would have said many more stars in wild than in standard.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I lost at mid star bronze and it said you can't lose stars at this rank. Does losing stars start at bronze 5 or silver 10?

Merrill

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax
How does anyone enjoy playing this game?

It's impossible to make a competing deck in standard mode unless you're rich and wild mode is unwinnable with the amount of absolutely fucking ridiculous decks and cards that exist.

Whoever made the cards in this game is an absolute moron and a child. If you can think of it, that card exist. Like a child created it.

Why can't magic the gathering have a game on phones like this? It's way more balanced and enjoyable.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's impossible to make a competing deck in standard mode unless you're rich and wild mode is unwinnable with the amount of absolutely fucking ridiculous decks and cards that exist.

Whoever made the cards in this game is an absolute moron and a child. If you can think of it, that card exist. Like a child created it.

Why can't magic the gathering have a game on phones like this? It's way more balanced and enjoyable.
Been a while since we've gotten posts like this.

Hearthstone is back!

Oct 25, 2017

So go play another game. Good grief.

Diamond 5 to legend would be a chore then for a control player like me.

Not if you have a high winrate. I have done it has control before. It is not so bad. It may take more time, but if you win more you can do it.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy

There are a bunch of viable decks in the Standard meta that are all pretty cheap to make. You can build competitive versions of Face Hunter, Zoo Warlock, or Token Druid which typically cost 3000 dust or less.

Just go through this list here for ideas on some cheap decks you can craft: https://hsreplay.net/decks/#sortBy=dust&sortDirection=ascending

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Thinking about going control paladin this expansion because of all the heals they've accumulated, but I dunno

Control lock and warrior seem pretty lackluster these days

And certainly warrior with all the mech stuff rotating out

Demon Hunter and stealth rogue look scary AF

Merrill

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax
Status
Not open for further replies.