• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
They are giving a deck to current players. The demon hunter deck has like 2 or 3 legendaries in it.

And this idea that they are trying to make up for hong kong is stupid. They have always had returning player rewards, they are just adding a few more as a promotion of the new season and all the big moves they are making moving forward.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They are giving a deck to current players. The demon hunter deck has like 2 or 3 legendaries in it.

And this idea that they are trying to make up for hong kong is stupid. They have always had returning player rewards, they are just adding a few more as a promotion of the new season and all the big moves they are making moving forward.

I wouldn't mind much that hong kong excuse, veteran players know that these rewards for quitting have been happening for years now, nothing related to the HK incident.

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't that just a deck made up from Initiate and basic cards that everyone gets?

Was that a serious comparison

Yes it is a serious comparison. This is free content everyone gets when they complete the demon hunter prologue and it is quite a bit of free content. It is an entirely new class and enough cards to make a deck or two, maybe even a competitive deck. Why spit on free content or devalue it? Because everyone gets it means it is worth less?

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yes it is a serious comparison. This is free content everyone gets when they complete the demon hunter prologue and it is quite a bit of free content. It is an entirely new class and enough cards to make a deck or two, maybe even a competitive deck. Why spit on free content or devalue it? Because everyone gets it means it is worth less?
I wouldn't compare that to the free deck, it's not about if we get one thing or the other, is about what we, as long time players that continuously play, get over people who haven't even played the game for more than 4 months. It's clear long time players get the short end of the stick many times.

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't compare that to the free deck, it's not about if we get one thing or the other, is about what we, as long time players that continuously play, get over people who haven't even played the game for more than 4 months. It's clear long time players get the short end of the stick many times.

Nonsense. Add up all the free content you got in the past 4 months compared to what... 3 legs?

Oct 25, 2017
More that there's zero comparison between the cards everyone gets regardless and the deck the returning players get. Especially considering returning players get both

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nonsense. Add up all the free content you got in the past 4 months compared to what... 3 legs?

thinking just the past 3 months, what have we gotten? I can only remember the free packs from the anniversary event, other than that may be a couple of packs and that's it. All while we are continuously spending money on the game, I know the idea is that new and returning players become just that, but retention should also be important for team 5.

Also, I mean, 3 legendaries is nothing short of amazing, that 4800 of dust value... that a hell lot even for normal players (specially considering the value of 100 dust = 100g) and in that deck there's much more than that.

Oct 25, 2017
thinking just the past 3 months, what have we gotten? I can only remember the free packs from the anniversary event, other than that may be a couple of packs and that's it. All while we are continuously spending money on the game, I know the idea is that new and returning players become just that, but retention should also be important for team 5.

Also, I mean, 3 legendaries is nothing short of amazing, that 4800 of dust value... that a hell lot even for normal players (specially considering the value of 100 dust = 100g) and in that deck there's much more than that.

Every daily? Every brawl? Every monthly reward? 3 legendaries is nothing to a long term player. I am going to have some 30k dust going into this set and I barely played last year and maybe hit 10-15% quest completion over the entire year.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Oh look Hearthstone is still as random as ever and constantly playing against highlander decks that draw out games 'till infinity while magically pulling the right answer out of their ass every single turn is the most infuriating shit ever. Guess they learned nothing from Raza Priest a couple of years ago and in fact it seems they never learned anything. And then they'd like me to pay fucking 90 dollars every 4 months just to play more than a single deck as if it's not the most expensive game out there already. Sorry guys, I just had to rant for a second. I was actually a little excited to play again with the current and upcoming changes. However it seems now they haven't actually addressed any of problems in the core design and my excitement is pretty much gone after the last few games I had. And the ridiculous prices don't help.
I'm actually getting pretty tired of highlander decks, too. And they are not going anywhere soon.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this is the first time in a long time we haven't gotten any free packs for the new expansion before release day. Not having anything to open early is a small bummer.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I went ahead and opened my 55 pre-order packs. With 12 epics, and 4 legendaries I got Teron Gorefiend, The Lurker Below, Evocation, and Akama. I was hoping for more Primes but I'll probably be crafting a bit. I'll buy 35 packs with gold too.

With the epics I got, I might try to play some Beast Hunter on launch. I'm a bit curious about evolve Galakrond Quest Shaman.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Opened 90 preorder packs. 7 legendaries, including two Goldens! Almost all of them were Primes, haha. Tons more epics and legendaries to get, but with the new pack opening rules, I got all commons after about 27 packs, and all rares after about 65 packs.

Oct 25, 2017
I think this might be the most poor I've gone in to an expansion. Likely due to the fact that I barely played during Descent of Dragons and the few weeks leading up to it. This will probably be the first time I pre-order the larger bundle and third time overall I pre-order a bundle

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot-20200403-214308-com-blizzard-wtcg-hearthstone.jpg

Used Funglmancer for the first time. He's OP as fuck

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Fungalmaster is good if you can survive until Tier 5. The new Tier 3 Murloc will also help, but until then I find his early/mid game too inconsistent.

Wonder if they'll tweak Millhouse. His start is just too strong. Even if you get nothing good after your rush to T5/6, you've done so much damage to the others that they can hardly recover.

Maybe the first minion you buy each turn costs 2, and your first refresh each turn costs 2?

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fungalmaster is good if you can survive until Tier 5. The new Tier 3 Murloc will also help, but until then I find his early/mid game too inconsistent.

Wonder if they'll tweak Millhouse. His start is just too strong. Even if you get nothing good after your rush to T5/6, you've done so much damage to the others that they can hardly recover.

Maybe the first minion you buy each turn costs 2, and your first refresh each turn costs 2?

I'm watching a stream of admiral, zalae and firebat with BGs and I still don't see a single of that murloc, is it added yet? feels like the bug is still there

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching a stream of admiral, zalae and firebat with BGs and I still don't see a single of that murloc, is it added yet? feels like the bug is still there
It was supposed to be added at the last patch, but it will instead start to appear once Ashes unlocks. It was a bug and they basically said they weren't going to fix it since it will fix itself on April 7, lol.

Deleted member 65068

Apr 2, 2020
My best expansion opening ever. At least twenty epics (I stopped counting after I received three in one pack), five legendaries, and all rares and commons. The game finally likes me (after four years of garbage prerelease openings). For reference, I bought the mega and regular bundles.

Oct 25, 2017

They'll likely just remove Millhouse like they did Tirion. Nerf him and he's back to being unplayable. I honestly think he's fine.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
My best expansion opening ever. At least twenty epics (I stopped counting after I received three in one pack), five legendaries, and all rares and commons. The game finally likes me (after four years of garbage prerelease openings). For reference, I bought the mega and regular bundles.
Woah, so, 145 packs and only five legendaries? :(
(not trying to be down on you -- I just feel bad, man! Isn't the pity timer 20-25 packs on legendaries? Fuck, I had just the mega bundle of 90 packs and got 7 leggos, including two goldens)

Nice number of epics! I only got 14 or so.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
(not trying to be down on you -- I just feel bad, man! Isn't the pity timer 20-25 packs on legendaries? Fuck, I had just the mega bundle of 90 packs and got 7 leggos, including two goldens)

Pity timer is 40 packs so it could be worse. Average is one legendary every 20 packs though.

Deleted member 65068

Apr 2, 2020

I decided to go back and count the collection, rather than estimating the openings...

8 Legendaries: Oops, I miscounted badly there
26 Epics

I didn't get the Demon Hunter legendary that allows you to ignore Taunt minions... that'll be a first craft. But I did get all the meta Paladin cards. So I guess that's what I'll focus on during the turn-over. I didn't get Underlight Angling Rod, so Murloc Paly is out for now. I wish the crafting feature worked for AoO so I could easily see what I'm actually missing.

EDIT: And missed out on Rogue epics and legendaries... that kinda sucks.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be able to open 85 packs with gold on Tuesday. I think that might be the most I've been able to save, and that's with buying galakrond adventure with gold. Not bad.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I don't know if it was bad luck or what, but the final stage of the prologue took me a few tries..lol

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Opened five legendaries from 90 packs:

Ysiel Windsinger
Akama
Kargath Bladefist
Teron Gorefiend
Al'ar

Along with the golden legendary on launch day I'm happy. Will have way too much dust on rotation and will be crafting the rest of the legendaries/epics except for the trash.

OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
Five Legs:

Archspore Msshi'fn
Zixor, Apex Predator
Beastmaster Leoroxx
Shadowjeweler Hanar
Kargath Bladefist

Ready for Hunting.

Fingers crossed my golden Legendary - Kayn Sunfury, Maiev Shadowsong or Astromancer Solarian

Pangloss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Does any know of a good anti Demon Hunter deck? I think running one of those at the beginning would be beneficial due to a lot of people playing the new class.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
Maiev I feel will be in every deck. It is like the new bgh. Seems like the best neutral leg.

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
The things I noticed when play galakrond priest is that card always be your last 10, it's the opposite of warlock where I always get it early.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I decided to go back and count the collection, rather than estimating the openings...

8 Legendaries: Oops, I miscounted badly there
26 Epics

I didn't get the Demon Hunter legendary that allows you to ignore Taunt minions... that'll be a first craft. But I did get all the meta Paladin cards. So I guess that's what I'll focus on during the turn-over. I didn't get Underlight Angling Rod, so Murloc Paly is out for now. I wish the crafting feature worked for AoO so I could easily see what I'm actually missing.

EDIT: And missed out on Rogue epics and legendaries... that kinda sucks.
Crafting feature does work, to show you what you're missing!

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
hsreplay.net

Raz vs. badbadnyc

Watch a game of Hearthstone between Raz (Rogue) and badbadnyc (Warrior) in your browser.

That's the craziest game I've ever had. I lost count on how many Alex we'd both played.

Made a lil mistake with that zephyr in the end

BigAT

Oct 30, 2017
I hope (but realistically don't think they will) increase the amount of gold you can accumulate from playing Battlegrounds if they are going to charge 2000 gold in order to participate. The old system of buying X number of packs was much friendlier, but that's obviously why they changed it.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Galakron/Quest/Shudderwok shaman has so much fucking value, jesus

i have to run 2x plague of deaths and 2x shadowword ruins just to have a chance

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw someone mention that if the dev team did nothing, Baku and Genn wouldn't have rotated until next week. Could you imagine, lol.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What even/odd decks would have been relevant in the past bit.

Odd Galakrond rogue would be rough.

Odd warrior probably good?

I don't think even shaman would have been a thing, or even paladin.

Some form of odd paladin may have been inevitable.

OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw someone mention that if the dev team did nothing, Baku and Genn wouldn't have rotated until next week. Could you imagine, lol.

Before Galakrond rotating Baku and Genn early made sense. Would of been interesting to throw them back in for a special event

Looks like Iskar already gave a bit of an answer to this today:

I remember liking even Paladin at the time and surprised I never saw mirror matches very often.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.