• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Oh, so I see that the entire purpose for me reaching Rank 11 is to act as a farm system for players at Rank 12. Thanks for the shit draws and crappy match-ups, Blizz.

EDIT: Oh, and after my last match, freeze on me, boot me, then not have any tables open when I try to reconnect... I feel like Rodney Dangerfield over here.

EDIT 2: This is some fucking bullshit... 3 minutes, then 5 minutes, now 10 minutes until I get an open table?! I was just on, fuckers!

EDIT 3: Now it's 35 minutes. WTF!

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Playing some Token Druid and god it doesn't even feel fair. I just feel dirty playing it.

Edit: In regards to Zilliax, I think it's at least worth considering on Blizzard's end considering it's being used in almost 50% of decks right now. A nerf is definitely justifiable in my opinion. How you do that nerf though is another question entirely.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I've been enjoying res priest. It feels strong but I'm alway around ~8 health when the train gets rolling against aggro. I've been climbing slowly with it to rank 8. Games take a long time.

Oct 25, 2017
This, a thousand times this. Every other class I run into the occasional deep thinker. But only Priests rope from turn one... WHY?!!?!?!?
It's been that way for literally years in Hearthstone. I can only assume that Priest has a much higher number of players who purely play the game in an attempt to force other people to be miserable or make games last 30 minutes. Either they hope people will give up and surrender for a free win, or they're just outright malicious, who knows.

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
Only loss so far to a bomb warrior. He top decked brawls twice when I was about to open a can.

Crazyorloco

Dec 12, 2017
I like how no one is talking about warlock lol we got nothing this time really for it. It's my favorite class. I'll test out some things later.

I do like bomb warrior, but it can take too long for some things to happen. Can be a big weakness.

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell, there is a Rogue deck that keeps going and going and going with spells from other class? holy shit that was the least fun game ever

Missed lethal by 1 when I blew all my boom bots and then they kept using the weapon with lifesteal that adds durability when you play cards from another class :|

benj

Oct 27, 2017
What the hell, there is a Rogue deck that keeps going and going and going with spells from other class? holy shit that was the least fun game ever

Missed lethal by 1 when I blew all my boom bots and then they kept using the weapon with lifesteal that adds durability when you play cards from another class :|
there is, and it's the most fun Actually Viable hearthstone deck i've ever played, i think

benj

Oct 27, 2017
that said, from vs's live tracker and the discussion on competitiveHS it sounds like orange's tempo list with waggle/leeroy is shaping up to be the real nutso force in the early days of this set. it has a 50-63% WR against everything other than warrior (which it's 45% against). absolutely nuts

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing a sorta control dragon shaman and it hasn't been too bad. Kinda boring and straightforward, but I like it. And all the battlecry cards are great for Shudderwock. I don't think any of them have a drawback besides Hagatha aoe and dragonmaw scorcher aoe for your other minions.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
Played a lot of token druid yesterday, seems absurdly strong at the moment.

Wouldn't surprise me if Soul of the Forest gets hall of famed.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Thijs currently on a massive winstreak with zero legendaries silence priest

hombremalo

Oct 26, 2017
I decided to play the classes I never play this season, priest, rogue, warrior and druid. Just need to build a couple fun decks for each.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Why do Priest players always rope? It's fucking maddening... 40 minute matches every fucking time.
This, a thousand times this. Every other class I run into the occasional deep thinker. But only Priests rope from turn one... WHY?!!?!?!?

Any fun priest control decks?

NONE. THERE ARE NO GOOD PRIEST DECKS IN THIS EXPANSION. DO! NOT! PLAY! PRIEST!

Thijs currently on a massive winstreak with zero legendaries silence priest

Hmm... I might have to give that deck a try.

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played in eons and now a rank 20 player lol.

Which deck is good now? I have 0 card from the new expansion, so will craft it.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't understand how you're suppose to beat this murloc shaman deck. I've took every single removal card priests have and I still can not keep their board clear. It's just infinite murlocs with no slow down whatsoever. Same with druids really. Many board clears got cycled out there's just noway to deal with it.

Last edited:

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't understand how you're suppose to beat this murloc shaman deck. I've took every single removal card priests have and I still can not keep their board clear. It's just infinite murlocs with no slow down whatsoever. Same with druids really. Many board clears got cycled out there's just noway to deal with it.

There's so many ways to generate a billion cards into your hand, resource generation is bananas now.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I haven't played in eons and now a rank 20 player lol.

Which deck is good now? I have 0 card from the new expansion, so will craft it.
Hey, welcome back!

Murloc Shaman is really good; Treant Druid, too (though, I haven't played it); and I am having luck with Midrange Hunter, though there is a good Mech/Deathrattle Hunter build, too.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
scarlet Bomb Warrior? That deck is pretty fun and easy to pilot.

I really don't understand how you're suppose to beat this murloc shaman deck.

Midrange Hunter seems to do okay against both Murloc Shaman and Treant Druid. Though, this is just anecdotally from my last few games against them.

I tried that Silence Priest deck--interesting, but slow (the deck, not my play!). I think I need to see how it's played as I just kinda understand it.

Last edited:

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
Lost to warlock who played 6 1/1 imps and played that shaman spell that turns all minions to legendary from witch's cauldron. Now I remember why I stop playing.

OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
Lost to warlock who played 6 1/1 imps and played that shaman spell that turns all minions to legendary from witch's cauldron. Now I remember why I stop playing.

The beauty and despair of Hearthstone gameplay summed up in one sentence.

There really is a lot more going on with the game this rotation and I'm happy for all the changes. I'm excited to actually get some long play sessions in this weekend to wrap my head around it.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy

Pretty much any of the current Rogue builds wreck Murloc Shaman and Token Druid. You just keep clearing their boards every turn with your tempo tools like Backstab, Vendetta, SI:7, Lackeys, etc. By about turn 5 or 6, they are out of steam and it's GG from there.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I keep trying Token Druid but not having much luck. I know you run like 8 different ways to flood the board but seems like there is just no card draw. Are you supposed to fight for board against Zoo and go face against Control? Do you just concede once you run out of steam? I used to play lots of Druid but it was mostly Tog and you just ran so much draw that your hand was full of options.

I want to get better with Zoo too since that seems like a fun deck where games won't take +30 minutes but I just need a lot of practice still. I'm so stuck in control mindsets. Maybe I should ease myself into Token/Zoo by playing some Tempo Rogue. I really liked Myracle during the last set, seems even better now too.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I keep trying Token Druid but not having much luck. I know you run like 8 different ways to flood the board but seems like there is just no card draw. Are you supposed to fight for board against Zoo and go face against Control? Do you just concede once you run out of steam? I used to play lots of Druid but it was mostly Tog and you just ran so much draw that your hand was full of options.

I want to get better with Zoo too since that seems like a fun deck where games won't take +30 minutes but I just need a lot of practice still. I'm so stuck in control mindsets. Maybe I should ease myself into Token/Zoo by playing some Tempo Rogue. I really liked Myracle during the last set, seems even better now too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywC44Or-OFI

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
Just reached rank 15 from 20. So far it's 11-2.

If RNG is why you stopped, you never should've returned.

I just want to test the new meta and trying to get back to high rank, and probably legend.

RNG isn't the only thing tho.
I can build most of the meta decks outside Pally and Druid if you wAnt to try any before you craft.

Please share, but I'm trying to get my warrior to golden.

I only open 5 packs so far, 3 from quests and 2 from coin. No legendary from packs, but I crafted Elsyiana(?)

The beauty and despair of Hearthstone gameplay summed up in one sentence.

There really is a lot more going on with the game this rotation and I'm happy for all the changes. I'm excited to actually get some long play sessions in this weekend to wrap my head around it.

I mean seriously that particular spell and 6 1/1 imps >.<

Oct 25, 2017

Getting salty over RNG is not worth it. And I mean... they have 6 1/1s on board and played a 7 mana card? That is at least somewhat impressive and takes time to set up. They could have just won off of bloodlust alone tbf.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Getting salty over RNG is not worth it. And I mean... they have 6 1/1s on board and played a 7 mana card? That is at least somewhat impressive and takes time to set up. They could have just won off of bloodlust alone tbf.
I assume it was Rafaam's Scheme so not much set up actually. Just hold it in hand. It is impressive that they got a good use out of that card though.

Oct 25, 2017
I assume it was Rafaam's Scheme so not much set up actually. Just hold it in hand. It is impressive that they got a good use out of that card though.

First they had to have minions on board for the cauldron. Then they had to play a bad card like scheme, which was dead in hand prior? That's several steps and any of them could have gone south easily. A board of 1/1s surviving a turn is definitely set up. Could have easily died.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
First they had to have minions on board for the cauldron. Then they had to play a bad card like scheme, which was dead in hand prior? That's several steps and any of them could have gone south easily. A board of 1/1s surviving a turn is definitely set up. Could have easily died.
I just meant you can play the scheme and Storm Bringer in the same turn so the 1/1s don't need to survive or anything. Playing that card in a Zoo deck with Cauldron is probably the impressive thing.

aBIGeye

Nov 2, 2017
Having some fun and success (rank 7-5) with Resurrect Priest. However, I feel like it's very draw dependant for the early game - which is totally gonna be a problem when aggro deck will be refined - and sometimes it's quite difficult to generate enough pressure to bait AoEs before your Mass Resurrections - especially against Warriors, since they'll just use single target removals against your big health combo threats.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
scarlet no I meant if you wanted to friend me and play some through deck share, but it looks like you are on a good run and have it covered lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.