• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
When aggro runs out of gas, you have late game options. Or was this a rhetorical question?
That doesn't really address it being in the opening hand.

I'd guess a combination of small sample size + it being an autowin in a few matchups and very hard-mulliganed in the rest.

Oct 25, 2017
I think, theoretically at least, Control Priest has potential to beat the bomb version of Control Warrior because of the amount of healing it has. The problem is a lack of a win condition. Priest suffering from the same issue it's always suffered: a lack of solid core cards.

We lost Shadow Visions and Anduin, but picked up Forbidden Words and some interesting value-oriented legendaries. Maybe you look to Lazul or the 3/3 steal an opponent's hand to snag a win condition? Feels like we're missing a core card this set.

Once the initial bloom wears off on this expansion, I'll probably start working on a classic ASP/CoH shell for the archtype.

I sure miss playing with Bwomsandi and Talanji though.
Priest lacks solid core cards? I feel like priest has always had some of the most powerful core cards in the game, like psychic scream -- insane removal. I could only imagine the 30-minute games if they had even better ones.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Priest has been so good for so long since the original "worst class ever" phase, its made me kinda taken away now theyre awful again

Oct 25, 2017
From my free pack

RFrs18c.jpg
If they actually did give lapsed players a nice card or two it might tempt me a little more, but I just tried getting all the free packs. Out of something like 8-10 packs in various sets, I had a single one with anything other than 1 rare 4 commons...and it was 2 rares. There might have been one with a golden common as well?

I then spent the only 100 gold I could on a pack and got 1 epic 1 rare 3 common so maybe I just need to spend gold. :P

Oct 25, 2017
Marked Shot should just say "Discover Unleash the Beast". Jesus fucking Christ. I don't get tilted too often, but almost every Hunter I played against today played at least 6 unleash the beasts, with two opponents playing 8 of them and one played FUCKING 14 OF THEM. I'm not exaggerating.

That's probably enough Hearthstone for today.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Priest's classic kit is, unfortunately, geared toward the exact sort of control that's gotten power creeped out of the game. for a couple days before the set rolled over I was playing 2012-style control priest—all auchenai-circle and wild pyro for board clear—and doing fine for myself, but having literally no chance against value engines like Rexxar or Gul'dan if the player had any idea how to play their deck. that's something my control priest didn't have to deal with in 2012

whereas if you were to play a midrange hunter like it was 2012, sure, you'd be down some important tools, but you could still take some games just off of curvestone and savannah highmanes

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
Holy shit, I haven't faced a druid until just now, it is obscene the amount of board they can create, I was a shaman and did

Lightning Storm... so we begin cleaning the field
2nd Lightning storm... okay this will be harder than I thought
Hagatha Scheme... his/her 3 cards on hand aren't enough to come back quickly
Board clear by trading... he/she must be this close to surrender, I've killed like a million minions
Hagatha the Witch... I am sure NOW I have the control thanks to my card generation
2nd Hagatha Scheme... *tears of despair
Shudderwock cleaning by Hagatha's battlecry... Maybe I shouldn't play this game anymore

Druid's last turn: filling the board again with the twinspell one

Me: I fought, I lost, now I rest

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
There are loads and loads of token druid now. I'm guessing it should be able to deal with hunter and rogue since none of them play fan or unleash or any kind of aoe and of course it's good against control warrior with soul of the forest if they are not playing warpath for some reason.

in any case, mossy horror is not a bad card to play right now. Between token druid and all the lackeys rogue plays, it has plenty targets.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
first arena.....11 wins.....my rewards?

275 gold, a ROS pack, and a golden 'extra arms'...…..

-_-

also opened up vereesa windrunner, pretty cool that the only way to find out wtf the card does before putting it into a deck is to google it....
this game man

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Kripp just went 12-0 in the tavern brawl with a warrior Mecha'thun deck. Made it look easy. He used Jepetto, but only hit once I think. It was pretty cool when he did though. 0 mana 1/1 Mecha'thun with rush lol

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
first arena.....11 wins.....my rewards?

275 gold, a ROS pack, and a golden 'extra arms'...…..

-_-

also opened up vereesa windrunner, pretty cool that the only way to find out wtf the card does before putting it into a deck is to google it....
this game man
It's real dumb, all generated cards should be viewable in the collection. Weapons, Ysera, Lich King and whatnot.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I got a Veressa from one of the Daily Challenge packs, it wasn't too long since I got my last legendary from RoS packs (Like 10 packs inbetween The Boom Reaver and Varessa)

It's probably just luck though, I only ever got one double legend pack in my entire hearthstone run, and that was back in The Grand Tournament with The Mistcaller and Justicar Trueheart in one pack.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
I hope they nerf the Dr. Boom hero, I don't want to deal with this shit for another year. At the very least they should change discover a mech to add a random mech.

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Definitely not in all decks. I'd rather focus on playing to my deck's strengths rather than handicap myself for a possible situation.

For control, maybe midrange, go for it.
Yeah, I mean, it doesn't make sense for aggro, obviously. I should have been clearer in my original phrasing.

And I'm not really running into may Rogues at Rank 10.

Oct 27, 2017
What class/ decks want to run mossy right now? Every class has better options than mossy and if they don't, mossy isn't going to help. As for rogue not running fan, dog was playing a slower list yesterday that ran double fan and violet teachers to deal with token stuff. I expect that list to gain more traction and it seems far more stable than the tempo list everyone is working to beat.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What class/ decks want to run mossy right now? Every class has better options than mossy and if they don't, mossy isn't going to help. As for rogue not running fan, dog was playing a slower list yesterday that ran double fan and violet teachers to deal with token stuff. I expect that list to gain more traction and it seems far more stable than the tempo list everyone is working to beat.
I think khadgar mage might be tempted. But still probably wouldn't

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
Druid has insane reload. Played a bit of Handlock this afternoon and 2x Hellfire, 2x Shadowflame, 2x Shriek and Lord Godfrey still isn't enough sometimes. Ridiculous.

Totenkinder

Oct 27, 2017
Saw Dog playing this on stream earlier today at high legend. Played a few games and when you get the combo off it's really powerful

### rocparker
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 1x (1) Bloodsail Corsair
# 1x (1) Togwaggle's Scheme
# 1x (2) Acidic Swamp Ooze
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 1x (2) EVIL Cable Rat
# 2x (2) Eviscerate
# 2x (2) Sap
# 2x (2) Shiv
# 1x (3) Edwin VanCleef
# 2x (3) EVIL Miscreant
# 2x (3) Fan of Knives
# 1x (3) Hench-Clan Thug
# 1x (3) SI:7 Agent
# 2x (4) Violet Teacher
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (6) Heistbaron Togwaggle
# 2x (7) Sprint
#
AAECAaIHCrIC7QWKB+UH3Qim7wKggAOvkQO0kQOSlwMKtAHtAs0DvQT2BJsFiAeFCIYJj5cDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

He used shadowstep to play a zero mana lackey into Heistbaron Tog, then Tog's Scheme on the Tog, then Prep'd the wand treasure into drawing 0 mana Tog's it was pretty insane

Oct 25, 2017
Went 11-3 in the tavern brawl with token druid. Ironically, 2 of my losses were to Druid, but they weren't Token. They were Lucenbark, lmao.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
modifying my old murloc quest deck (48-28 in tracked ranked games)
### MURQUEST
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (0) Murloc Tinyfin
# 2x (1) Murloc Tidecaller
# 1x (1) Sir Finley Mrrgglton
# 1x (1) Toxfin
# 1x (1) Unite the Murlocs
# 1x (2) Brrrloc
# 1x (2) Devolve
# 2x (2) Ice Fishing
# 2x (2) Murloc Tidehunter
# 2x (2) Primalfin Totem
# 2x (2) Rockpool Hunter
# 1x (2) Soul of the Murloc
# 2x (3) Coldlight Seer
# 2x (3) Murloc Warleader
# 2x (4) Call in the Finishers
# 2x (4) Gentle Megasaur
# 1x (4) Old Murk-Eye
# 1x (4) Scargil
# 1x (5) Bloodlust
# 2x (7) Everyfin is Awesome
#
AAEBAaoICuAFkwmEF7ds9r0Cm8QCts0CtZgD9JkDnJsDCsUD2wPQB6cIvxfjuwKRwQKdwgKxwgKLzgIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

underbelly angler looks quite tempting but i'm thinking...too slow? idk. sort of on the fence about the second soul of the murloc as well, solely bc of deck space and it being a tinyyyy bit win more...not that the whole archetype isn't that lol, i guess i need to jam it in just hard to decide where...i guess i should drop bloodlust for it? feels blasphemous to speak such words. tinyfin sounds dumb but when you're playing a 1 mana spell turn 1 in wild, it's historically been a pretty decent singleton, since you need to jam the quest as quick as you can anyways (scargil probably is the best card to drop but lol whole reason i'm ressurrecting this is to have insane meme games with him and the quest)

benj

Oct 27, 2017
It makes sense that you wouldn't want stuff like Waggle Pick if you're playing stuff like Violet Teacher and Edwin and trying to maintain a board presence. Being in a position where you have to choose between keeping a minion and attacking with your weapon is rough. Rogues already went through this with Anub'ar Ambusher—it came out back when a 4 mana 5/5 was actually fairly nuts, when it traded into the Yetis and Cairnes and Black Knights that were still seeing a lot of play in constructed decks, and it still wasn't good enough to ever ever ever get run. And Rogue decks back then were Violet Teacher/Edwin-heavy, too.

MrPing1000

Nov 6, 2017
Norn Iron
3 health left on turn 5 vs token druid. Win on turn 14 with handlock. Sure I drew pretty much perfect but still it has its moments. Think I prefer the no Rafaam, omega agent version.

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
You guys aren't kidding. Token Druid is a pain in the ass.

Unseen Saboteur is a fun card. Totally melts control decks.

Also fun wasting a token druid's savage roar and soul of the forest

Last edited:

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have an answer to druid, you can't control this shit. The only way is to race this shit which is hard but doable. Play tempo rogue with fans and even mossy maybe.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Sapping a Warlock's Void Analyst on back to back turns really seems to piss them off. He/She never played the card again during the game.

Saw Dog playing this on stream earlier today at high legend. Played a few games and when you get the combo off it's really powerful

Fun deck, but I keep messing something up with the fucking combo... only half-hit it once. Either mess up the Lackey, or the Tog Scheme.. lol

Last edited:

Totenkinder

Oct 27, 2017
Sapping a Warlock's Void Analyst on back to back turns really seems to piss them off. He/She never played the card again during the game.

Fun deck, but I keep messing something up with the fucking combo... only half-hit it once. Either mess up the Lackey, or the Tog Scheme.. lol
Yea I played four games and only got it to go off once. You have to prioritize controlling the board early on so you can survive long enough to draw all the pieces. One game I saw him Tog's Scheme the Evil Miscreant for value against a tempo / aggro rogue and he actually won. Definitely not the easiest to pilot but drawing zero mana tog's is hilariously busted and leads to some very fun turns. I also love having two violet teachers in there really helps control the board if you can get it to stick and the 1/1 minions also work well with the lackeys

Edit: the witchy and goblin lackey specifically which I seem to get more than others even though I know it's random

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have an answer to druid, you can't control this shit. The only way is to race this shit which is hard but doable. Play tempo rogue with fans and even mossy maybe.
Dog was playing double fan and Thalnos with pretty good results.

I've seen some warriors with decent tech cards. If they'd just give up on stupid shit like Elekk and Seaforium Bomber, they'd have a better chance. Security Rover is an absolute pain in the ass after Boom Hero is played. I've seen some play Abomination, Proud Defender, Defender of Argus, Rusty Recycler, Safeguard, Sunwalker, Rotten Applebaum (I think that's a poor choice), Mosh Ogg Enforcer, and Rabble Bouncer (I had great success with this against odd paladin).

I've personally been finding success against Token druid by playing Lucenbark druid, which I mentioned earlier gave me 2 of my losses super early in the tavern brawl while I was playing Token Druid. If anyone is interested, I'll try posting the deck and talking about it later. For me it's been the best answer to Token Druid, but it unfortunately comes at the cost of getting wrecked by other decks. Control Shaman is a fucking terrible matchup. Rogue is pretty bad too. However, Warrior is a pretty good matchup.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
DControl Shaman is a fucking terrible matchup. Rogue is pretty bad too. However, Warrior is a pretty good matchup.

Double Fan/Thalnos is a good option.

Murloc Shaman (depending on the build) ramps up faster than Token Druid, I think. Murlocs that buff damage/health put minions on board, too, rather than spells. As long as you can gain an early board (always play the health Murloc buff first is a lesson I have learned), you may be able to out-face them.

Oct 25, 2017
Double Fan/Thalnos is a good option.

Murloc Shaman (depending on the build) ramps up faster than Token Druid, I think. Murlocs that buff damage/health put minions on board, too, rather than spells. As long as you can gain an early board (always play the health Murloc buff first is a lesson I have learned), you may be able to out-face them.
The problem I've been facing whenever I play murloc shaman against token druid is that sometimes I just don't have bloodlust. While they have about 8 billion spells that buff the board. If Murloc Warleader was the pre nerf version, then this matchup would probably be a lot different.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The problem I've been facing whenever I play murloc shaman against token druid is that sometimes I just don't have bloodlust. While they have about 8 billion spells that buff the board. If Murloc Warleader was the pre nerf version, then this matchup would probably be a lot different.

You could try the more midrangey version with the overload package. Thunderhead can help immensely to come back on board against them.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
The other lesson I've learned playing Murloc Shaman deck: Never mulligan Bloodlust.

Oct 25, 2017
You could try the more midrangey version with the overload package. Thunderhead can help immensely to come back on board against them.
I'm really thinking this is the way to go with the deck. Just feels better to play too. But I'm kinda biased since midrange decks are my favorite decks to play.
The other lesson I've learned playing Murloc Shaman deck: Never mulligan Bloodlust.
Yeah I don't know how I feel about that. If I'm going second, sure. Hard to do if I'm going first unless I have a good 1 and 2 drop. I've tried Storm Chaser in the deck and that's not terrible, but I don't know if it's actually worth it. Might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.