• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I'm really thinking this is the way to go with the deck. Just feels better to play too. But I'm kinda biased since midrange decks are my favorite decks to play.

Yeah I don't know how I feel about that. If I'm going second, sure. Hard to do if I'm going first unless I have a good 1 and 2 drop. I've tried Storm Chaser in the deck and that's not terrible, but I don't know if it's actually worth it. Might be.
While that deck is fun, I've been having more success with Midrange Hunter on ladder. For me, it has more abilites to get out of jams than the pure aggro ones (besides maybe Treant--but fuck Druid). I don't have a good enough grasp on the game/meta to make broad statements about what works and what doesn't outside my own games. I cannot gain any traction after Rank 10... I've been playing so much lately I think I'm losing perspective.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
You know the sad thing is, this meta already sucks ass lol.

Bomb Warrior, Tempo Rogue and Token Druid are already everywhere and they're all incredibly unfun to play against.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
You know the sad thing is, this meta already sucks ass lol.

Bomb Warrior, Tempo Rogue and Token Druid are already everywhere and they're all incredibly unfun to play against.
It was a good few days lol.

Actually I'm still really enjoying it. When you have shit like Jaraxxus that is actually viable again, that's something.

I'm just waiting for the meta to turn on Token Druid. It'll be interesting to see how people adapt.

I really like playing against Tempo Rogue. It's the only deck that's fairly predictable and easy to read.

Oct 25, 2017
Which warrior cards? I feel like I'm one of the only people that hasn't struggled at all with Bomb Warrior. Not saying it isn't good, but I'm wondering what's busted about it. The games sure are long though, but that's Elysiana bullshit.

I wouldn't mind seeing Boom Hero nerfed to 8 or 9 mana though. I think the only reason it was 7 is because it was nowhere near as powerful as the DKs

Twinguistics

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Token Druid is all I see at rank 19, it's a joke. My spell Hunter deck is just getting wrecked by an opponant that can just build a big board after big bored. Mange to clear 6 two, twos? Well here's 6 more, and I'll just make them three threes for fun.

It sucks. Might just go back to Eternal.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Warrior just didn't lose a ton and the early game is weak for everybody. Means very good things for control warrior.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Which warrior cards? I feel like I'm one of the only people that hasn't struggled at all with Bomb Warrior. Not saying it isn't good, but I'm wondering what's busted about it. The games sure are long though, but that's Elysiana bullshit.

I wouldn't mind seeing Boom Hero nerfed to 8 or 9 mana though. I think the only reason it was 7 is because it was nowhere near as powerful as the DKs

Omega Assembly, Omega Devastator, Dyn-omatic and Dr. Boom, Mad Genius are all busted right now in my opinion. In a vacuum they might be okay but having those all in the game at once was a massive mistake, especially when you consider how good Warrior's other tools are right now.

I think it's also time to do something about Zilliax too. It's not insanely broken or anything but it's too strong to be a neutral and it's way too prevalent.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
maybe they finally nerf savage roar or something. it was alway dumb af. Last time they excused the card because class identity, same for wild growth, well wild growth is gone now maybe it's time for this. They have enough board buff cards for token to be viable already, they don't need savage roar. It's not reasonable to clear druid every turn or you lose. Also basic cards shouldn't be this broken, they pretty much nerfed all the broken ones except this, even flametongue got the nerf but roar is ok?

Oct 26, 2017
Some tourneys have started banning Elysiana because of how long matches are taking.
I honestly don't understand why Blizzard keeps making insane "value" cards that require barely any unique play or deck building. Stuff like the infinite value DKs, Jade Idol, and now Elysiana. All they do is make control games excruciatingly long and boring, but they might as well include Elysiana so they have a shot in mirror matchups!

I don't mind stuff like Dead Man's Hand that requires special play throughout the game and a tuned deck to make it work. But just letting people slap one card in their deck and get near-infinite value is just silly -- especially if there's a large random element, like with Boom and Elysiana.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind it quite as much since it's neutral. Dead man's hand wasn't better in my mind. The only thing better about it was you could screw up and have a handful of useless brawls so it took slightly more thought.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Yup. If I actually care about playing well on ladder: Midrange Hunter. If I want to fuck around, any other deck in casual. It's weird how I cannot get anything going with other decks on ladder.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Omega Assembly, Omega Devastator, Dyn-omatic and Dr. Boom, Mad Genius are all busted right now in my opinion. In a vacuum they might be okay but having those all in the game at once was a massive mistake, especially when you consider how good Warrior's other tools are right now.

I think it's also time to do something about Zilliax too. It's not insanely broken or anything but it's too strong to be a neutral and it's way too prevalent.

Yeah I'm not sure what you do about most of those cards besides make them close to unplayable. If Omega Assembly was 4 mana, it would prevent them from playing it and then playing the 7 drop, which is the most problematic part for me, but that seems like complete overkill....so they might just do it, since that's usually their solution.
maybe they finally nerf savage roar or something. it was alway dumb af. Last time they excused the card because class identity, same for wild growth, well wild growth is gone now maybe it's time for this. They have enough board buff cards for token to be viable already, they don't need savage roar. It's not reasonable to clear druid every turn or you lose. Also basic cards shouldn't be this broken, they pretty much nerfed all the broken ones except this, even flametongue got the nerf but roar is ok?

I'm still wondering how Leeroy and Maly have dodged the Hall of Fame. I like the cards, but they feel like they should be gone.
Some tourneys have started banning Elysiana because of how long matches are taking.
Every tourney should do this.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
we can disenchant vargoth? Pog.
I have like... 5 wild cards, Mekkatorque, Marin, C'thun and his two cultists.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so dumb I just realized the wild cards are stored in a different tab and you have to press "All cards" to see them. I just disenchanted most of the epic and legendary cards I had since I haven't bothered with wild at all.

Shifty

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, this is probably my least favorite meta I've played. Hand/Control Lock is dead and the only way I see any success is by playing brainless crap like mech/zoo.

Almost every match is either bomb Warrior or tempo Rogue, with maybe the occasional token druid. Little match up variety and my favorite archetype was left to die. The Plot Twist/Betrug idea is even worse than discard. It's freeze Shaman levels of bad.

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this is probably my least favorite meta I've played. Hand/Control Lock is dead and the only way I see any success is by playing brainless crap like mech/zoo.

Almost every match is either bomb Warrior or tempo Rogue, with maybe the occasional token druid. Little match up variety and my favorite archetype was left to die. The Plot Twist/Betrug idea is even worse than discard. It's freeze Shaman levels of bad.

I don't play bomb in my control warrior. Mine is more rush control warrior, cuz I need early drop to have a chance against token. Still good against rogue. But yeah it's basically warrior, rogue, and druid.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Summoner mage is very good and you will start to see a lot of it. If you have the coin, you can play a giant on turn 4, and then play double twinspell on 5.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Granted I haven't been around for the last few expansions, but it's very very normal for unpleasant (and fast) metas to crop up right after a new set drops. Decks like Token Druid pretty much build themselves so the decklist doesn't need to be refined much, and fast decks like that absolutely clean up against underoptimized control decks. it then takes control decks a while to really get the right cardlist to hold their own against those fast decks. i'm sure it's annoying to paly against, but i wouldn't be too doom-and-gloom about what it means for the expansion going forward

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Playing in a meta with Banker/Brewmaster + Elsyiana sure is something else. lol

edit: Usually takes about a week for the meta to start really taking shape. It's not unusual for an archetype to make a sudden appearance halfway through an expansion, but it settles relatively quickly.

I've usually been able to handle Control Warrior with Control Priest, but looks like that's not going to happen this time around. Just lost a 40+ round match as Dragon Shaman vs. Bomb Warrior because Hagatha was my last card and his Elysiana was better than mine.

Took like 40 minutes. What happened to HS being something I can play on my lunch break?

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I've been playing Zoo and really enjoying it. Feels very engaging since games are shorter that you have to really play each turn optimally. I find control may have some crucial turns but is a lot of filler, and are just too long with current cards. I reached rank 3 today.

I'm a bit bummed there weren't pack quests today. Thought those would last longer.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played the coin on turn 9 so I could activate the Omega Devastator effect but it didn't work. I think it's worth pointing out this here.

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
I built a zoo deck and I'm surprised how strong Rafaam is in it. A lot of streamers gave it a low rating before the expansion came out, but it is super strong in a fast-paced deck like zoo. I can zerg the early came and then use theS oularium + Rafaam to restock with a late-game focused hand.

Twinguistics

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Struggling to climb out of rank 20 with the below spell Hunter list. Do I just stuck or, in your sage opinions, is the meta just really bad for what I'm running? Not sure if I'm piloting it wrong or it's just really bad for a meta with wide boards. I just can't clear anything and the combos I'm trying to pull off don't seem to do the trick. Also Gul'jin seems to be a risk as I might do damage to myself and my board.

### Animal Instincts
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 1x (1) Rapid Fire
# 2x (1) Shimmerfly
# 2x (1) Springpaw
# 1x (1) Timber Wolf
# 2x (2) Dire Wolf Alpha
# 1x (2) Hunter's Mark
# 2x (2) Scavenging Hyena
# 2x (3) Animal Companion
# 1x (3) Deadly Shot
# 2x (3) Kill Command
# 2x (3) Spirit of the Lynx
# 2x (3) Unleash the Hounds
# 1x (4) Arcane Fletcher
# 1x (4) Archmage Vargoth
# 2x (4) Marked Shot
# 1x (5) Halazzi, the Lynx
# 1x (5) Hunting Party
# 1x (6) Savannah Highmane
# 1x (6) Unleash the Beast
# 1x (7) Exotic Mountseller
# 1x (10) Zul'jin
#
AAECAR8MjQHeBMUI7QmbhQPjiwPolgPslgP5lgPWmQPrngPinwMJqAK1A9kH2wmBCqCFA+SLA+aWA56dAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Any comments gratefully received!

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
This is the cheese meta. Druid, mage, warrior, rogue, all feel so cheesy and dumb. Like really dumb.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Since the fuckery in Wild seems to start at earlier ranks than usual at least for the time being, I've been dipping a lot into Casual to test decks and knock out dailys. Gotta say it is freeing to be able to just instant-concede when I'm in a match-up I don't care for (or I'm playing against some poor newbie with all basic cards who's probably struggling to get a win quest done).

Although the stall-mages still show their colors a bit late into the game for my taste...

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Struggling to climb out of rank 20 with the below spell Hunter list. Do I just stuck or, in your sage opinions, is the meta just really bad for what I'm running? Not sure if I'm piloting it wrong or it's just really bad for a meta with wide boards. I just can't clear anything and the combos I'm trying to pull off don't seem to do the trick. Also Gul'jin seems to be a risk as I might do damage to myself and my board.

### Animal Instincts
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 1x (1) Rapid Fire
# 2x (1) Shimmerfly
# 2x (1) Springpaw
# 1x (1) Timber Wolf
# 2x (2) Dire Wolf Alpha
# 1x (2) Hunter's Mark
# 2x (2) Scavenging Hyena
# 2x (3) Animal Companion
# 1x (3) Deadly Shot
# 2x (3) Kill Command
# 2x (3) Spirit of the Lynx
# 2x (3) Unleash the Hounds
# 1x (4) Arcane Fletcher
# 1x (4) Archmage Vargoth
# 2x (4) Marked Shot
# 1x (5) Halazzi, the Lynx
# 1x (5) Hunting Party
# 1x (6) Savannah Highmane
# 1x (6) Unleash the Beast
# 1x (7) Exotic Mountseller
# 1x (10) Zul'jin
#
AAECAR8MjQHeBMUI7QmbhQPjiwPolgPslgP5lgPWmQPrngPinwMJqAK1A9kH2wmBCqCFA+SLA+aWA56dAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Any comments gratefully received!
You got some very slow, low synergy cards in here. If you want to try spell Hunter, I would try going for some more tempo. I would personally (I don't know your card collection, so I won't suggest anything too severe/crazy) cut Hunting Party / Exotic Moonseller / Spirit of the Lynx / Arcane Fletcher for a secret package (Explosive, Freezing or what you want, Eaglehorn Bow) and an additional Unleash the Beast and/or Dire Frenzy.

Zul'jin works very well with spells that refill your board (secrets, unleash, animal companion) and is definitely worth playing for that. Self damage is worth the value he provides.

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
Flarkmaster Hunter is really fun to play. Sticking any mech to the board can yield big things later in the game. Games are fast, lots of decisions with what to play around and when to magnetic versus keep separate.

LoveBug566

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having a lot of success with "Mech Hunter" right now. I did craft a Bomb Warrior deck but did not really enjoy playing it all that much. Might craft a Zoolock deck next.

LoveBug566

Oct 27, 2017
Token Druid is all I see at rank 19, it's a joke. My spell Hunter deck is just getting wrecked by an opponant that can just build a big board after big bored. Mange to clear 6 two, twos? Well here's 6 more, and I'll just make them three threes for fun.

It sucks. Might just go back to Eternal.

This! I have no chance of clearing a board that many times.

razakin

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Isn't Bomb Warrior somewhat ok against Token Druid, with 2 Brawls, 2 Warpaths and 2 Dyn-o-Matics (or even more if you get them from Omega Assembly)?

Twinguistics

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You got some very slow, low synergy cards in here. If you want to try spell Hunter, I would try going for some more tempo. I would personally (I don't know your card collection, so I won't suggest anything too severe/crazy) cut Hunting Party / Exotic Moonseller / Spirit of the Lynx / Arcane Fletcher for a secret package (Explosive, Freezing or what you want, Eaglehorn Bow) and an additional Unleash the Beast and/or Dire Frenzy.

Zul'jin works very well with spells that refill your board (secrets, unleash, animal companion) and is definitely worth playing for that. Self damage is worth the value he provides.
Hey thanks! I've made a few cuts along the lines you suggested and also decided to cut spirit of the lynx as it was often just too slow. Sure I had games where double spirits buffed my unleash the hounds for good value but more often than not it was a dead 3 drop that didn't impact quick enough.

Anyway, I've gone 2-0 since the changes so we will see. Crazy small sample size but I'm happy so far lol.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I think I need to stop checking this thread, following streams, and chasing metadecks. Anytime I go on a losing streak with a deck, I immediately want to change everything up... there is no perfect deck. Why am I stressing out over this?

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
I think I need to stop checking this thread, following streams, and chasing metadecks. Anytime I go on a losing streak with a deck, I immediately want to change everything up... there is no perfect deck. Why am I stressing out over this?

Same, same. I just went on a 7-win steak with a deck then lost 3 straight and thought "I must change". It's rough.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

A good idea is to just avoid netdecking entirely.

I built a Bomb Warrior deck because my first legendary was Doctor Boom, then everyone started running it and it's s'posedly the strongest deck out there and now I'm playing a silly deck I call Dupe Mage (probably has a better name elsewhere).

I will admit it gets frustrating seeing everyone playing the same decks and my insistence on building my own is what causes me to lose so much, but I like that this stuff is a work in progress for me.

Like I wanted to play a Lucentbark deck because I like Druid and it seemed like it'd be unique, yet when I first built the deck and tried it out I lost basically all the time. So I identified what wasn't working - in my case the early game was so bad that I'd be so behind by the late game that coming back was almost impossible - and compensated for it, turning my Lucentbark deck into this weird thing where I use cheap tokens and buffs to get board control early on and then duplicate Lucentbark to create a wall of minions that's almost impossible to get through. Thanks to that legendary that gives you both spells when you choose either, it's actually not that bad. Decent value, plenty of heals and a nice wide board kinda works.

The next deck I want to try out is one built around Rafaam. I was playing against such a deck earlier today with my Bomb Warrior for a quest and it was like a little light bulb went off in my head when my opponent turned the six bombs in their deck into legendaries for them to use.

I think with a suitably strong deck, Control Warlock is going to hard counter Bomb Warrior. Could be fun to experiment with.

OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017

Same, same. I just went on a 7-win steak with a deck then lost 3 straight and thought "I must change". It's rough.

I can win 10 in a row, feel good, and then lose one game and close the client in disgust. No rhyme or reason to it.

It really depends on your goal. If you want to rank up, pick a decent deck, that you enjoy and play, play, play.

Status
Not open for further replies.