• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This new patch seems like a disaster.

Overkill is broken, the new legendary is able to target enemy minions, Kibler can't get back into a game because it's just trying to reconnect...

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This new patch seems like a disaster.

Overkill is broken, the new legendary is able to target enemy minions, Kibler can't get back into a game because it's just trying to reconnect...

at least it fixes mobile, now that was a disaster before this patch. Oh and the squelch button doesn't work after the patch

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What was wrong with mobile? I have barely played Hearthstone since all the wild cards joining.
constant disconects middle match, lots of graphic glitches and in my case and several other that posted in reddit, the game literally freezed randomly in the middle of a match, lost lots of games because I realized too late and by the time I restarted the app I already lost my turn.

EDIT: this disconect everyone had must be something they are doing to fix the overkill because I saw some people on my twtter feed tweeting the same event. Hasn't happened before of after that

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Christ, just downloaded the update on iOS. Menus look like a mess, and all golden cards were deleted from my decks.

EDIT: Rebooting downloaded an additional in-game update, fixed the goofy menu stuff.

Last edited:

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
good god, i just went as patchwork and i pretty much sent everyone to the shadowrealm with only 6 hp for like the last 7 turns but was dealing like 30+ dmg each turn.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played Hearthstone in forever but I got into the Battlegrounds Early Access (which is great because that got me interested again). Had a lot of fun in the couple of games I played, handles pretty well on my phone

Oct 25, 2017
Did they take some cards out of the game? A bunch of my decks aren't at 30 cards

Ok....when I click on the deck it goes back to 30 cards and nothing is missing

Broken patch?

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah patch is a bit rough. Can't squelch opponents, Overkill spells seemingly not working, decks being incomplete. They're on it, so hopefully soon a quickfix.

Battlegrounds is fun, it's more in depth than I thought, yet not overly complicated to do. I'm sure that's a turnoff to some who are looking for that, but for me it's the right fit for now. Would be nice if we got Battlegrounds quests or maybe even monthly seasons for it with rewards. It's nice we can get the 10g/3 wins (top 4 finish) with it, but something more could get people hooked.

I think it's also a good fit for Hearthstone personally. You got a massive category of card to use, you can 'easily' introduce new playable heroes and Battlegrounds only cards and tweak numbers here and there or introduce new features (hey, we got a beta function, so why not right?).

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dat feeling when you just sent 5 people to the shadow realm while only having 1 hp for 10+ turns and winning the game.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
when you get the prompt of autocompeting the decks you have cards "mssing" just say yes and it will erase the bug, it's just a visual bug on the front of the deck, no card was taken out of it

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so i haven't played in like a month and i fired it up last night and i have an unclearable 200g "Play a game in arena mode" quest. played three games in Arena and it's still there, reinstalled, still there. anyone else run into this?

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
so i haven't played in like a month and i fired it up last night and i have an unclearable 200g "Play a game in arena mode" quest. played three games in Arena and it's still there, reinstalled, still there. anyone else run into this?

did you get the reward? there were 2 quests about that event, both exactly the same

Deusmico

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the battlegrounds mode has more depth from what you expect from the trailer....

its like a fastpaced autobattler

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
then may be contact customer service because this sounds like you have a bug on that quest
had a feeling that would end up being the case, figured i'd ask here first before opening a ticket to see if it was a widespread thing. gracias<3

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I came back and decided to try to this game again, holy shit at the quest druid and shaman, like how horrible you have to be to make these cards. They never learn, just repeat same stupid shit. There is nothing interesting about them, they just play themselves and they are absurd. No wonder the game is dropping like a rock, absolute brain dead game design.

at least battleground looks good, main game has gone to shit.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
Battlegrounds is very fun until you run into the guy who bought all the good murlocs and got poisonous/divine shield off Adapt lol

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still not sure if watching multiple streams help. I think during the Runeterra drops Riot said it doesn't help at all.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Man, some of the minions you can create in Battlegrounds are hilarious. Just casual 71/71s and 7/169s and the like.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
In theory you could play a minion with 710 health
play 3 annihilan battlemasters with a golden brann on board while at 1 as patchwerk.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
So Kibler's back into Hearthstone? I'm watching a great tips video Blizz put out about Battlegrounds starring him. Haha.

Also, I love BG so far but worry it'll get stale fast.

I haven't won yet after nine tries, but placed 2nd four times!

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So Kibler's back into Hearthstone? I'm watching a great tips video Blizz put out about Battlegrounds starring him. Haha.

Well he has never gone from it, he has played every day on the game

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
In theory you could play a minion with 710 health
play 3 annihilan battlemasters with a golden brann

I saw a post from Firebat on Twitter that was at like 500 health, lol.

He never left the game. He just refused to cast Grandmasters.

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
almost had a flawless with manastorm only lost 1 fight right before i sent the last guy to the shadowrealm.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
I went all the way down to 2 with the lich but i got triple alleycat into malganis into some decent demon buffs and managed to win. I thought for sure id be out at 7th and just kept holding on

Edit: Followed that up with a no2 finish as AFK and a win as Patchwerk to push me up above 5k. time to press on to 6k

Last edited:

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
Obviously your final placement matters a lot but does dmg done matter at all? I'm having random games where I gain/lose substantially less rating than I expect and I cant really make sense of it

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Obviously your final placement matters a lot but does dmg done matter at all? I'm having random games where I gain/lose substantially less rating than I expect and I cant really make sense of it

apparetnly only the rating of the opponents matter, so if you placed above a high rating opponent you should win significantly more than a lower one, and in the article they put up on the blog, they mentioned that in some circumstances, because of high rating opponents you might not get much + rating if you get below them

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
apparetnly only the rating of the opponents matter, so if you placed above a high rating opponent you should win significantly more than a lower one, and in the article they put up on the blog, they mentioned that in some circumstances, because of high rating opponents you might not get much + rating if you get below them
This was my assumption, was just surprised that a couple of my games had such wild changes in rating gain/loss

Status
Not open for further replies.