• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Just had a BG where I was the divine shield guy and I was down to 2 hp and in 7th place before hitting my stride.

My final board looked like this:
unknown.png

Beat brann who had the cleave mech at like 30/30 lol

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
amalgam needs to go, every game is about making a big poisonous one. you don't get it? unlucky.

Other strats are just strictly worse.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Finally won a battleground. Fuck. Something just clicked today and I've become way better at understanding how this game mode really works, what the best meta strats are, etc. I consistently place Top 4 now at least.

Oct 25, 2017
I went into this 1v1 with full hp and finally won at 3 hp remaining

Hearthstone_Screenshot_11-21-19_17.40.57.png

Basically I got to the 1v1 with full HP because I had a decent early murloc board and shudderwock HP + seer, then did against next turn, and then like a turn or two later I got the third and did it again. I had 20hp murlocs by like turn 5. But the final fight was all about poison trading, divine shields, and surviving the cleaves that really did nothing more than removing divine shields to set up for poison combat. Almost all deaths were poison related.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I went into this 1v1 with full hp and finally won at 3 hp remaining

Hearthstone_Screenshot_11-21-19_17.40.57.png

Basically I got to the 1v1 with full HP because I had a decent early murloc board and shudderwock HP + seer, then did against next turn, and then like a turn or two later I got the third and did it again. I had 20hp murlocs by like turn 5. But the final fight was all about poison trading, divine shields, and surviving the cleaves that really did nothing more than removing divine shields to set up for poison combat. Almost all deaths were poison related.

You didn't sell the Bolivar to go for windfury on those Murlocs? Or did they already have it?

Oct 25, 2017
You didn't sell the Bolivar to go for windfury on those Murlocs? Or did they already have it?

The game definitely did not give me enough time to do shit lol

That turn I had to cycle through a bunch, buy megasaur, hero power, pick 2 adapts, sell megasaur, play bolvar, cycle... and the turn was over and I barely got the screenshot off as you can see the rope is at the end.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Shuma looks like trash, but envoy looks amazing and I particularly love dragonrider... feels like a really cool effect

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Shu'ma is trash unless there's something coming that will automatically buff those tentacles.

Lazul is very, very good. You're going to be able to guess correctly most of the time.

Talritha should have been a neutral.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I reached 5.1K MMR on Battlegrounds but I'm growing tired of it. Which is good since it's so addicting.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Won with a menagerie build that didn't have any taunt or Divine shield. That was weird.

It was basically my first menagerie build as well. Brann hero seems pretty good.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh that ivoke looks nice.

Specially with the current version of tempo warrior.

This one is the best galakrond so far, imo

Oct 25, 2017
Galakrond is gonna support a tempo warrior best. That is quite powerful invoke for getting ahead on board or doing face damage. Every invoke you do is gonna get you 3 damage and you can play multiple invokes potentially in 1 turn to hit for like 9 damage to the face. I think the minion draws are nice but the real reward is the 5/2 weapon at level 3 for instant face damage.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Tempo is a little weird if you're playing four different cards with the tempo of 4 mana 2/2 rush or 5 mana 4/5 taunt. Will be interesting to see what other invokes there are.

But it's definitely a better finisher card than C'thun since you can point a lot of damage to face once you play enough invokes.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay finally managed to get through the 5K ranking in BGs...

Finding it really hard to play on mobile, but still doing fairly decent. Cannot stop thinking I could do much better with recruit phases of more than literally 24 seconds

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Yay finally managed to get through the 5K ranking in BGs...

Finding it really hard to play on mobile, but still doing fairly decent. Cannot stop thinking I could do much better with recruit phases of more than literally 24 seconds
Do we know how the timer works? Sometimes I seem to get three minutes and others 45 seconds...

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
My feeling is the timer starts as soon as the first person gets back to the tavern but I havent seen anything confirming it

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I saw something along the lines that each player has a 150 second timer from the beggining of each battle phase, from there the more you last on battle the less you'll have on tbe recruit phase. What I'm not sure is the amount of seconds, but I know works like that

And because mobile slugs a hell lot with each animation on this mode, most of the time is spent on the battle phase and almost nothing on the recruit, specially as each battle gets longer the better you do

BigAT

Oct 30, 2017
I'm basically floating between 5000 and 5100 on the ranking. Where's everyone else at?
I was sitting at the same spot just above 5K for a while, had a run of bad games and now I've been between 4.7-4.9.

I'm pretty okay with that for now considering I'm playing exclusively on mobile and I've definitely had a frustrating number of losses purely from that.

Oct 25, 2017
Tempo is a little weird if you're playing four different cards with the tempo of 4 mana 2/2 rush or 5 mana 4/5 taunt. Will be interesting to see what other invokes there are.

But it's definitely a better finisher card than C'thun since you can point a lot of damage to face once you play enough invokes.

It is not a 4 mana 2/2 with rush, it is a 4 mana 2/2 with rush AND adds 3 attack to your hero for the turn. Invoke cards activate the galakrond hero power when used.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure how viable Sidequests will be, to be honest. Drawing what is essentially a dead card in the mid or late game could really be detrimental.
That druid one could be useful because it puts three 1-cost spells in your hand. That could power Auctioneer. The Hunter one doesn't seem good enough to take up a spot in your deck.

I was sitting at the same spot just above 5K for a while, had a run of bad games and now I've been between 4.7-4.9.

I'm pretty okay with that for now considering I'm playing exclusively on mobile and I've definitely had a frustrating number of losses purely from that.
Yeah, I play on mobile as well. The general pool of players is definitely getting better. Last week, you were guaranteed a top 4 finish as long as you knew the mechanics, lol. Now you have to actually earn it.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well I made the famous divine shield + poisonous board.

Hearthstone_2019-11-22-15-48-12.png

Would be a perfect run, but I had a point of damage from the demon buff guy.

I'm not sure how viable Sidequests will be, to be honest. Drawing what is essentially a dead card in the mid or late game could really be detrimental.

well druid isn't very concerned to draw a dead card of many many it can draw, lol

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As long as galakrond started in your deck, you get his hero power every time you invoke. You could have burned him and it would still work.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does turn 2 need to be redesigned? Is it too automatic?

What circumstances would lead you to ever skip upgrading your tavern turn 2?

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Yesterday I was thinking that, they might need to change the turn 2 play... I still haven't seen anything worth over upgrading, and watching tides play I know there is literally nothing worth over upgrading. Not even a triple.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017

Nothing wrong with a more streamlined opening. I only wait with certain heroes when I can get 2x Cat or Murloc with token. Can open up a more aggressive opening / big swinging turn / turn 3 triple with a tier 3 minion. You mostly upgrade though.

Oct 25, 2017
I do not buy on 2 to get an early triple. It typically is not worth it to get a triple at rank 1 or even rank 2. But it is not an automatic upgrade still. I have found plenty of good reasons to buy on turn 2. There are builds I think that rely less on high rank picks and more on going wide early. Like the demon weaver thing that grows per demon played, I feel like is a strong example of a build that does not have to rank up quickly. And murloc builds get a power spike at 2 but only at 2 if they are somewhat wide already (seer). Some builds get crushed early game so you may want to rank up slower too.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
I do not buy on 2 to get an early triple. It typically is not worth it to get a triple at rank 1 or even rank 2. But it is not an automatic upgrade still. I have found plenty of good reasons to buy on turn 2. There are builds I think that rely less on high rank picks and more on going wide early. Like the demon weaver thing that grows per demon played, I feel like is a strong example of a build that does not have to rank up quickly. And murloc builds get a power spike at 2 but only at 2 if they are somewhat wide already (seer). Some builds get crushed early game so you may want to rank up slower too.
The demon guy is the main one that I will wait for. So important to get that early and get going. Generally makes up for upgrading later.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I just got legend with reno mage and my rank was 715, ouch. In the past you would get like 6000 ish getting to legend late in the month, nobody plays ladder I guess. Honestly I just played against shamans which are basically people addicted to the game and don't care about having a good time, I get why others wouldn't but still that's a big drop off since the last time I reached legend which was like start of this year. Reno mage was fun, I had a good time when I wasn't cheesed out of the game on turn 3 which was like a 3rd of my games, lol...

Oct 25, 2017
I just got legend with reno mage and my rank was 715, ouch. In the past you would get like 6000 ish getting to legend late in the month, nobody plays ladder I guess. Honestly I just played against shamans which are basically people addicted to the game and don't care about having a good time, I get why others wouldn't but still that's a big drop off since the last time I reached legend which was like start of this year. Reno mage was fun, I had a good time when I wasn't cheesed out of the game on turn 3 which was like a 3rd of my games, lol...

Hitting 715 means you did well while ranking up. Your initial placement is not based on time passed, it is based on your hidden MMR. I never got placed 6k before, even on the last day of a month.

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States

Reno in Standard? What deck, if you don't mind me asking?

Status
Not open for further replies.