• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
Reno in Standard? What deck, if you don't mind me asking?

### OP MAGE
# Class: Mage
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 1x (1) Ray of Frost
# 1x (2) Doomsayer
# 1x (2) Frostbolt
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 1x (3) Flame Ward
# 1x (3) Frost Nova
# 1x (3) SN1P-SN4P
# 1x (3) Stargazer Luna
# 1x (4) Arcane Keysmith
# 1x (4) Conjurer's Calling
# 1x (4) Polymorph
# 1x (5) Blast Wave
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (6) Blizzard
# 1x (6) Emperor Thaurissan
# 2x (6) Khartut Defender
# 1x (6) Reno the Relicologist
# 1x (6) Sylvanas Windrunner
# 1x (7) Archmage Antonidas
# 1x (7) Flamestrike
# 1x (7) Luna's Pocket Galaxy
# 1x (7) Siamat
# 1x (8) Power of Creation
# 1x (8) Tortollan Pilgrim
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza
# 1x (10) Kalecgos
# 1x (10) N'Zoth, the Corruptor
# 1x (10) Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron
#
AAECAf0EHE2KAckDqwTFBMsElgXsB7gIvuwC7vYCxvgCoIADpocDg5YDn5sDoJsDip4DwqED/KMDi6QDkqQDv6QDhKcDn7cD49ID5NID59IDAaGhAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I would NOT recommend this deck. It is very very hard to play but that makes it fun. I did very well with it, my winrate was stupidly high but you have to know the match ups and plan accordingly and you have to improvise a lot because there is lots of randomness to account for. Specially in this meta, it is very unforgiving to play this deck.

I'm playing 2x Khartut defender, that's the first alarm sign that this deck is not for everyone. I realized keeping stats that playing this card on 6 is very important so I really wanted to have it by then, If I don't get it I will have a difficult time stabilizing but there is a risk inovlolvd that it bricks your reno and zehprys. Reno isn't that big deal most of the time but Zephrys can be, you might need him early specially against rogue and rogue sap defender every time so you are very weak to rogue. The right play often against rogue is not to play defender on 6 and wait until sap is not good or you can bait it somehow. It's very difficult. Worst match up though was aggro paladin for me, I don't know why I lost so much to those. Not a big enough sample size, I lost to almost all of them except one. Face warrior is also bad if they have 2x frothing opening, you don't have much to answer it.

I suggest some shaman hard counter like control warrior for rank 1-3 and not this. I played it anyway because I am farming wins for 1000 win mage portrait lol.

Overall you need to know how you win every match up and play very very differently, arcane keysmith for example is a very crucial card against otk paladin, you should not play it early. Or against ques priest (I have 100 percent winrate) it's very tricky to maneuver. If I want to explain all the detail, I have to type 3 pages and a lot of it just comes to you on a match by match basis. Say, if you can discount alex and archmage, it's auto win against priest, you just stall and win, they can't do anything but if you can't then you have to think of another way to lock them out and there are ways but depends on what you are drawing. Against quest shaman you don't want to take face damage early, they just burn you down and you can't wait. You have to be aggressive. etc

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Finally was offered Shudderwock in BG for the first time ever. Easy win.
I wish there was an easier way to be offered three heroes instead of 'get loads of packs' because I have never been offered the bartender, Elise, or Finley so far. I almost always get offered AFK and Sindragosa on the other hand.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I wish there was an easier way to be offered three heroes instead of 'get loads of packs' because I have never been offered the bartender, Elise, or Finley so far. I almost always get offered AFK and Sindragosa on the other hand.

Its essentially a form of pay to win and its quite frankly disgusting.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017

BigAT

Oct 30, 2017
You can't even buy packs with gold right now. The only people that have had access to 3 heroes and will have access to 3 heroes until the expansion hits is people that have spent real money.

It's a definitive competitive advantage that can only be purchased for real money right now. I don't see how their can be an argument otherwise.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
apothecary.png

nether-breath.png

crazed-netherwing.png

Oct 25, 2017
They've only given away three so far, though right?

Yeah but once the set actually comes out it should be pretty easy to get all the packs needed. I think it is a minor annoyance and maybe one they change in the future. The mode really has no collection to build up or other time investment requirements. So I can deal with the minor annoyance. Would be nice if they let us buy packs with gold now though, even if we cannot open them.

BigAT

Oct 30, 2017
Something I'm curious about is how they end up monetizing this mode. It's already taken away a lot of interest in the base game and if it continues to grow in popularity I'm sure they will need to make money off of it since people will be buying less packs, presumably.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Amber Watcher is same stats as Reno Jackson and 1 mana cheaper.

Also extremely better than Guardian of Kings, which is 7 mana 5/6 heal 6 to your hero.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Comparing to heal bot, it's better stats, better tribe, targetable.

Seems good if a slower paladin exists. But not enough to enable it or anything.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Battlegrounds is great and it's free, so I'm really not gonna lose sleep over the fact that you can pay to get a slight advantage in terms of choosing heroes.

aBIGeye

Nov 2, 2017
Well Hunter has Hunter's Mark since Classic, and also 1 damage pings have been a recurring theme with the class.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Battlegrounds is great and it's free, so I'm really not gonna lose sleep over the fact that you can pay to get a slight advantage in terms of choosing heroes.

Thats a weird excuse when the other auto battlers are free and great too, yet somehow dont have this kind of shenanigans in them.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tiny cost of entry may technically be pay to win, but it's not a terrible form of it. No problem with it after this awkward period where literally only people who put money in have access to 3 choices.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is full of top-tier players, lol. My friends and I all tumbled to like, 3200 out the gates with several losses, and we're all fighting our way back up to 4k. Proud to be at 3800 already once BGs really clicked for me a few days ago.

Also, this is my new favourite card art in the game:

camouflaged_dirigible.png

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Tiny cost of entry may technically be pay to win, but it's not a terrible form of it. No problem with it after this awkward period where literally only people who put money in have access to 3 choices.
Or people who don't want to play the regular mode, but gotta spend money/gold on the regular mode to have an equal playing field in Battlegrounds.

Ithaca

Oct 28, 2017
I went on a massive losing streak after placement, but climbed back up to ~4300 after trying out all the heroes and learning the ropes. I play exclusively on my Kindle, and I've had more than what I regard as my fair share of crashes and disconnects, so I'd probably be a few hundred points higher if not for that. I make top four about 2 out of 3 times that I get to play.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
dropped a bunch of games when the changes came in in BG but I'm back up to 5600 and climbing (hopefully).
Really fallen in love with Yogg as a hero that really allows you to push into the lategame.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Man, Elise is just super bad I think. Can't believe the map costs three gold to use. Way too high a price I think.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Compensation for the bad patch and hilarious brawl handling was announced.

Hey Folks,

We owe you all an update on compensation, so here it is! Recently, we encountered some tough issues during the 15.6 patch, along with the Brawliseum Tavern Brawl having to be disabled due to some major gameplay issues. To say "Thank You!" for bearing with us, we are granting the following rewards to those affected tomorrow, Nov. 26:

• 15.6 Patch Issues: 3 Saviors of Uldum Card Packs
◦ Note: This will be granted to players who downloaded 15.6 between Nov. 5 - 11
• Brawliseum - Battle of the Bans Issues: 300 Gold
◦ Note: This will be granted to any player that had an active Brawliseum run when the issues occurred

Thanks again for sticking with us!

Cheers,
The Hearthstone Team

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
I think I'm missing something on that side quest. I presume it doesn't just activate at the end of the turn you play it?

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't sanctuary seem a bit OP? I mean it could make easily a 3/6 on turn 3, may be even 2 with a coin, hell, even not getting it early almost surely means it will trigger later and that's really good tempo

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't sanctuary seem a bit OP? I mean it could make easily a 3/6 on turn 3, may be even 2 with a coin, hell, even not getting it early almost surely means it will trigger later and that's really good tempo

It does seem pretty nuts, but I guess the rub is that you pay 2 mana to do nothing on your turn, and then the minion will still not be ready until the turn after it is summoned.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
Welp, here's my vote for card effect most likely to break the game

k7g8rqr6l2141.jpg

And by that I mean make it unplayable on mobile, introduce new bugs to arena and other modes, and cause other crazy unforseen effects through the spaghetti code.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
lol that was my reaction as well. There is a 99% chance this card breaks something every time they update the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.