• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Omg I LOVE that card, is kind of meta in a weird way.

It will probably break a lot, but I still love the effect. I think this could also work nicely with some decks like quest warlock. I've been playing it a lot and hand size is always an issue.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Got packs, didn't get the gold. Haven't ever regreted more not clicking that Ok button for the brawleseum, that was the trigger for the gold compensation lol.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
These 23 seconda timers are killing me in BGs, seriously, I mess up way too hard waiting 4 seconds just to buy a single unit

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
I'll take the 3 free packs. 🤷‍♂Will there be more quests to get packs from the newest expansion?

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
K9yx8iMCSrOTh9nln7_bUv5pT25fAPvurOYjp4pyh6c.jpg

Zola came back exclusively for Dragons.

lh4zp90fo4141.jpg

Dunno as much on this one as a lot of dragons are Battlecry effects, we also need to see all the cards to see what the lower mana cost dragons look like, Mechano-Egg seems like a good comparison point. Rogue is going to like it though, be mindful of Waxadred.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That secretly mechanic was exactly what myra needed, the fact that the opponent knew what was being chosen was a huge advantage for them.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
More new cards. The Kibler dragon is not the actual name of the card, as it was leaked in another language and the translation hasn't been released yet.
c532189f.png
d78ed163.png
dragonqueen.png

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chenvaala looks mighty strong with the current iterations of small spell mages.

Alesxtrasza makes me so happy, I love more support for highlander decks.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
It's wierding me out to see Alexstraza have the correct artwork after her classic card artwork was wrong for so many years.

Like, that's not Hearthstone Alexstraza.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, another 2nd place in BG

What should I be doing in the later rounds? I think I get too invested in my board and get too reluctant to change things

It depends a lot on what you're offered and what your opponent is running. Sometimes you just aren't going to win if your opponent was able to get a more synergistic board - in fact there was one game in particular where I had avoided taking almost any damage the whole time until it was down to just me and one other player and they beat me three times in a row to take the win. It was pretty disappointing but there wasn't much I could do without being offered some way to remove the divine shields that protected their poisonous minions.

Honestly murlocs are really scary now. They can buff their hp much sooner and then they can just bust out huge stat buffs plus divine shields, windfury and poisonous across their entire board late game thanks to Bran.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Ugh, another 2nd place in BG

What should I be doing in the later rounds? I think I get too invested in my board and get too reluctant to change things
I think at some point you have to just lose a minion to facilitate getting buffs in. Stand still for two long and you will not be able to keep up. Having a bad minion on your end turn is not necessarily bad, if the buffs are what you need.

Like already said though, sometimes you just can't win if the other board has snowballed already, unfortunately. Early tempo is key.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Gonna post the various new cards that have been revealed over the last few days, tell me if I missed one.
2mbhs1kkof141.png

Something to try copying with Hunting Party or the like. Good arena card if nothing else.
MFX_sjfSe_CL6q5lOfFhvFMS7ohZwDNIruNLr7Ctbss.png

Something for Plot Twist Warlocks to try out, and other classes that want to try Plot Twist Warlock

0quzmary2f141.jpg

Priest Breath card. Alright AOE.

rbu1emx9se141.png

Pirate Warrior coming back? Feels a bit more controlly for a pirate card though.

rbtkrtuief141.png

You wanted Weapon Removal? How about Weapon Thievary?

9klilfiofk141.png

Blazecaller for Overload Shaman.

6jlu2pwqxl141.png

Mage Breath Spell. Carries on the Low Spell Cost mage deck that Magic Trick started.

avtipnlpml141.png

Want a Reno Counter? Try this Albatross.

zxmq9l39xl141.png

(Power of Creation cries yet again)
knt1ttfkim141.png

Let's splice Shifter Zerus and Muckmorpher into one card.

Better deal with those eggs quickly.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ancharr to me seems like such a weird card, it feels extremely off from what the set wants to do and there are too few worth pirates to justify it's existence.

To me they are forshadowing more focus on pirates with that card, they like to do that kind of foreshadowing

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ancharr to me seems like such a weird card, it feels extremely off from what the set wants to do and there are too few worth pirates to justify it's existence.

To me they are forshadowing more focus on pirates with that card, they like to do that kind of foreshadowing
Weapon pirate synergy is insane with just the base set. Drawing into the 2/1 charge guy, the discount from your weapon damage guy and greenskin are all very very good.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Weapon pirate synergy is insane with just the base set. Drawing into the 2/1 charge guy, the discount from your weapon damage guy and greenskin are all very very good.
a 3 mana 2/3 weapon + a 2/1 charger doesn't look that insane to me, actually what makes me doubt all of this is just the idea of running a pirate package with the current pirates, they are seems really weak overall

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
a 3 mana 2/3 weapon + a 2/1 charger doesn't look that insane to me, actually what makes me doubt all of this is just the idea of running a pirate package with the current pirates, they are seems really weak overall
That's thinning your deck pretty darn well though through smacking their face with your weapon. The problem will be finding the weapon. If you had a consistent way to find the weapon i think it would help take an aggressive tempo warrior to viability.

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
That weapon with greenskin an 2 upgrades is incredible, and I agree tho, it seems is a card for pirates sinergy next year. Also as a Shaman player I am intrigued but not that excited about those legendaries

Oct 25, 2017
Finally won a BG!

Got the level 6 windfury minion that attacks the minion with the lowest attack to carry me to victory in the last round :D Opponent strengthened the wrong minions and exposed a gold version of the deal damage to random minion after demon dies, I was beaten 2x in a row before they did that, then I one the 3rd battle and won the game

Update - I've now won 2 in a row, this time started rough with Patches but triple Brann + megasaur = god murlocs

Last edited:

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
Analysis says bandersmosh is better than it looks at first glance. Maybe not quite good enough to find a home, we'll see.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
I agree on Bandersmosh. Most good legendaries are just as good as a 5 mana 5/5 and there are plenty of bad legendaries that are actually a lot better as a 5 mana 5/5. There are also some instances where the result will just blowout your opponent which is why I could see it getting put into decks.

I also think people are underrating Nithogg too. It seems very strong to me. It'll be even stronger if Shaman actually gets enough support to run a dragon deck.

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finally won a BG!

Got the level 6 windfury minion that attacks the minion with the lowest attack to carry me to victory in the last round :D Opponent strengthened the wrong minions and exposed a gold version of the deal damage to random minion after demon dies, I was beaten 2x in a row before they did that, then I one the 3rd battle and won the game

Update - I've now won 2 in a row, this time started rough with Patches but triple Brann + megasaur = god murlocs

now get 20 wins in a row :P

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
I hope they pull the Amalgam from Battlegrounds completely. The mode doesn't need it and it's starting to get monotonous when every person in every game is just trying to super buff them with taunt, divine shield and poisonous.

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
light fang is way too good if you get it early. i just literaly stream rolled the last 4 people in the game by having two of them with an nefarian menagerie build.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I started feeling this card is way too good, but over time I've come a bit around it, it's probably just good.

EKtNtKyXsAASARc

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Brann is super good in BG. Went on a 13 win streak and only lost once in the penultimate battle. The ability to basically buy any battlecry and gain buffs from the get-go is super good. Got a photo of my board on my iPhone - is there a way I can directly upload to here?

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
just shadow step that a couple times and your malygos would cost 3. ez rank 1 legend /s

aBIGeye

Nov 2, 2017
Hope they get rid of Shifter Zerus in BG, not enough cons for that highroll potential, I think.
Or maybe it's just because I saw two crazy highrolls one after the other and not all the other times when it sat in someone hands doing nothing, I dunno.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Brann is super good in BG. Went on a 13 win streak and only lost once in the penultimate battle. The ability to basically buy any battlecry and gain buffs from the get-go is super good. Got a photo of my board on my iPhone - is there a way I can directly upload to here?
Brann is in fact insane, i think started learning how powerful is he and baron until I saw how streamers play.

Also, no, there is no way to upload directly here, I usually use discord, upload the image in a server there and then copy the image link. That or make something like.... I dunno, imgur

Selbran

Oct 25, 2017
Trump's card "Stormhammer" got revealed today.

ssucgnw649241.png

It seems like a really strong weapon for a hunter dragon-focused deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.