• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
I'd hate to see Leeroy HoF'd just because I'm getting tired of every iconic OG card going to the HoF :/

but it would be perfectly deserved lol

Oct 25, 2017
Played Tirion in BG for the first time and came in first

The deathrattle cards that give divine shield and +1/+1 I got in the early rounds got so big by the end of the game they didn't die lol

Got lucky and found enough neutral minions to make it work but once I got 2 strong taunts that were getting buffed big time using golden Brann + the card that gives taunt minions +2/+2 and Argus Defender and the tier 6 windfury card I took out the guy who had been leading and had beaten me earlier in the game pretty easy

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Am I calculating the gold cost of the adventure correctly? Do we really need to buy 7 wings (3 good, 4 evil) at 700 gold a pop for a total of 4900 gold?

Hopefully I'm missing something because if so that's a huge cost increase from previous adventures.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Am I calculating the gold cost of the adventure correctly? Do we really need to buy 7 wings (3 good, 4 evil) at 700 gold a pop for a total of 4900 gold?

Hopefully I'm missing something because if so that's a huge cost increase from previous adventures.
2800, 700 for each wing. You get both paths for the gold.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I think demons are fine because of the inherent risk: if you lose your early-mid battles you don't have the HP to buff, but you usually get your board going at low HP. Floating Watcher doesn't get bigger if you play Malganis. I've had a few games where I go demons and finish 8th, and another where I was near the bottom with another demon deck and we placed top 2 at the end.

I agree Tirion's HP at 2 mana would probably ruin him, but no one is really fighting you for tribe less minions which makes them easier to acquire. Bolvar only sees plays with mechs or the dude with divine shield HP.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
What the hell allows allows your opponent to gain plus three attack, and attack an unlimited amount of times???

I'm at work kicking the shit out a Druid with my Priest and I wasn't watching to see what was played. Next thing I know he's got 4 attack and just keeps hitting me until I died! Meanwhile the timer fuse was sitting at a point where his/her turn should've ended seconds ago.

What bullshit. Sometimes I really hate this shitty RNG fest of a game.

BigAT

Oct 30, 2017
What the hell allows allows your opponent to gain plus three attack, and attack an unlimited amount of times???

I'm at work kicking the shit out a Druid with my Priest and I wasn't watching to see what was played. Next thing I know he's got 4 attack and just keeps hitting me until I died! Meanwhile the timer fuse was sitting at a point where his/her turn should've ended seconds ago.

I'm guessing it's a Gonk deck.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

RNG. Right.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017

Sounds like Gonk.

He also queued enough actions to kill you before the timer ran out, it's not like he took more time than allowed.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I think demons are fine because of the inherent risk: if you lose your early-mid battles you don't have the HP to buff, but you usually get your board going at low HP. Floating Watcher doesn't get bigger if you play Malganis. I've had a few games where I go demons and finish 8th, and another where I was near the bottom with another demon deck and we placed top 2 at the end.

I agree Tirion's HP at 2 mana would probably ruin him, but no one is really fighting you for tribe less minions which makes them easier to acquire. Bolvar only sees plays with mechs or the dude with divine shield HP.
I agree on demons. Based on my experience, every round, at least three people go for demons, and only one ends up in the top four.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Also, Priest probably relies more on RNG than a Gonk deck. It's a pretty terrible combo deck, and the only RNG is hitting the best card with Dreampetal Florist for the discounts.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Played a game as Tirion. Was regretting it early when I kept getting tribes so I lost a few games while I just kept refreshing at Tier 3. But no one was fighting me for triples, and even though the cards I got from them were useless, the buffs let my minions stay bulky.

Ended up top 2 and got a demon board to 1 HP. Next turn I finally get a third Righteous Protector and the triple gave me Zapp, which let me snipe his Juggler the next round to win me the game.

Forcing yourself to use a tribe/menagerie with other heroes can cost you if you get bad minions. But with Tirion you can take Tier 1/2 minions with no synergy and constantly buff them without ever having to buy a minion and selling to make room. Buffing two copies while you refresh for a triple adds to the buffs when you do get it.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Saw yesterday a chart from hsreplay about winrates of the tribes in BGs, mechs still outwin demons by a large margin, demons became better but mech are still insane.

I guess the colbalt guardian continues to carry the tribe.

Get gonked!!!!

Oct 25, 2017
Played a game as Tirion. Was regretting it early when I kept getting tribes so I lost a few games while I just kept refreshing at Tier 3. But no one was fighting me for triples, and even though the cards I got from them were useless, the buffs let my minions stay bulky.

Ended up top 2 and got a demon board to 1 HP. Next turn I finally get a third Righteous Protector and the triple gave me Zapp, which let me snipe his Juggler the next round to win me the game.

Forcing yourself to use a tribe/menagerie with other heroes can cost you if you get bad minions. But with Tirion you can take Tier 1/2 minions with no synergy and constantly buff them without ever having to buy a minion and selling to make room. Buffing two copies while you refresh for a triple adds to the buffs when you do get it.

Yea, those tier 1 minions get huge fast

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
It's a bit of a shame. Twitch sucks for a lot of reasons but it has the best emote spam by a wide margin.

But I don't really watch HS esports anymore anyway. I pretty much only watch battlegrounds.

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
83204257_883356748763241_1524011377675468800_n.png

pretty sure that i stole all the soul jugglers in my last game.....

OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
Hit rank 5 for the first time in almost a year. Haven't liked a lot of the metas before now and life has been to busy to grind.

Played as a pretty typical Galakrond rogue and ground out a Highlander Control Warrior to hit 5. It was a smooth ride.

Galakrond Rogue always feels like it is in the game and the biggest issue most times was keeping my hand size small enough to draw some 0 cost cards.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot of even matchups in this meta. Galakrond rogue, Galakrond warrior, pirate warrior, control warlock, Highlander Hunter, Highlander rogue, hand warlock, zoo warlock all have really pretty crazy even spreads. None of those decks really have a super polarized matchup. That's CRAZY.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Yeah, the meta seems solid.

And I haven't lost a match in HS today... or LoR, either. I am going to stop playing now as I used up all my CCG karma.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw I got all the cards needed for that new Embiggen Druid deck. It wouldn't have been too expensive either. Time for some fun.

BigAT

Oct 30, 2017
I have had great success with Tirion so far. I think I've gotten first in like 4 of the 5 games I have played with him.

I just finished a game with a 21/27 Zapp with mega-windfury.

BigAT

Oct 30, 2017
What determines placement in BG if multiple players are knocked out in the same turn?
I believe it goes in order of who had the most health before the turn started. I'm not sure on this next part, but I think the placement doesn't matter because MMR is split evenly in ties. I heard a high level streamer mention that once, but haven't seen it confirmed.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Starting hp the losing turn I believe.
I believe it goes in order of who had the most health before the turn started. I'm not sure on this next part, but I think the placement doesn't matter because MMR is split evenly in ties. I heard a high level streamer mention that once, but haven't seen it confirmed.
Purely from observation, it looks to me like you are ranked based on how negative your health goes. In other words, how badly you lost. That's why you sometimes see people switch places when 2 or more are knocked out at once. If placement was determined by starting health, that would never happen.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Purely from observation, it looks to me like you are ranked based on how negative your health goes. In other words, how badly you lost. That's why you sometimes see people switch places when 2 or more are knocked out at once. If placement was determined by starting health, that would never happen.
Interesting!

I imagine it must be documented somewhere but you're probably right!

Tranquility

Oct 28, 2017
I had insane luck with the new 25 pack they are selling.
My free legendary was Nithogg.
Then I got another 4 legendaries and 4-5 epics out of those 25 packs.

Golden Ancharr
Reno the relicologist
Oblivitron
Valdriss Felgorge

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I had insane luck with the new 25 pack they are selling.
My free legendary was Nithogg.
Then I got another 4 legendaries and 4-5 epics out of those 25 packs.

Golden Ancharr
Reno the relicologist
Oblivitron
Valdriss Felgorge

I just saw the news, that is a new pack type, I wonder if it has the 10 pack legendary rule applied. Probably not, but it would be interesting to know.

I also wonder how this card pack works, random cards from all 3 expansions? will it apply the rule of no dupe egendaries though the 3 sets or only 1? weird they didn't communicate these things

Status
Not open for further replies.