• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
New choose one is pretty good in quest druid. I really want the shaman and mage cards to see play but I don't think they will, at least not yet.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
That new mage minion that gives +2 to the hero power will find a use at some point. Burn mage is always just a few cards away from meta relevance.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Lb8Z2Yr.png

Welp, thanks Tavern Brawl, that's my luck for the year used up already.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished a game playing Quest Druid against Galakrond Warrior.
When my deck was empty he still had 14 cards in his.
I beat his ass on tempo.

I would be really happy if someone winds up bringing this to arlington. It feels really good.

Daigoro

Oct 28, 2017
Just finished a game playing Quest Druid against Galakrond Warrior.
When my deck was empty he still had 14 cards in his.
I beat his ass on tempo.

I would be really happy if someone winds up bringing this to arlington. It feels really good.

i got brutalized by it myself a few times yesterday. seems pretty good.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
What deck are you running specifically? I feel like that new adventure Choose One card could be included.
### Custom Druid
# Class: Druid
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 2x (1) Treenforcements
# 1x (1) Untapped Potential
# 2x (1) Worthy Expedition
# 2x (2) Crystal Merchant
# 2x (2) Power of the Wild
# 2x (2) Rising Winds
# 2x (2) Wrath
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Wardruid Loti
# 1x (4) Flobbidinous Floop
# 2x (4) Swipe
# 2x (5) Anubisath Defender
# 2x (5) Oasis Surger
# 2x (5) Starfall
# 2x (6) Hidden Oasis
# 2x (6) Nourish
#
AAECAZICBK7SAvX8AvihA/yjAw1AVl/+AfcDxAapogPIogPcogPvogPZqQP/rQP5tQMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

You'll notice a distinct lack of top-end value cards in this list, no phaoris, no nomi, no elise. They just don't seem to be needed in this meta.
I'm not sure what the exact 30 cards ought to be, I think maybe cenarius should get in there.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Latest Data Reaper has Shaman's play rate at 3% at all ranks and under 2% at Legend.

Safe to say Blizzard messed that one up. Going to get even worse when Shudderwock rotates.

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Sarcasm is fun, but I know you realize that specific classes being dumpster fires is bad for a healthy meta. All classes should have at least one meta-deck each expansion that is viable. Otherwise we get a few playable classes an expansion... that sucks and is bad for the long-term viability of the game.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Sarcasm is fun, but I know you realize that specific classes being dumpster fires is bad for a healthy meta. All classes should have at least one meta-deck each expansion that is viable. Otherwise we get a few playable classes an expansion... that sucks and is bad for the long-term viability of the game.

I do not agree and I do not think shaman is bad even if the meta does not support a lot of them in legend. There will always be a worst class. We do not need every class to be meta viable every week. And paladin and priest are not doing much better either, and that is okay. There is no long term issue with shaman being bad right now, we are not even that far away from rotation.

Oct 25, 2017
That seems more a design problem then. So if I happen to only like playing Shaman, I'm screwed.

No one is stopping you from playing Shaman. Players who want to win will not be married to a single class.

How is the inescapable fact that there will always be a worst class a design problem? That is silly. It is also silly to expect 9 different classes with a variety of decks each to always have at least 1 meta viable deck per class every expansion.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
How vital is Galakrond's Awakening looking?

I feel bad spending 700 gold to unlock half of the first wing, but I also don't want to give Blizzard money if I don't have to. I barely play much HS anymore and I've had horrendous openings for the last 3 expansions which have led me to fall incredibly far behind whilst trying to remain F2P.

I'd rather not spend on either GA or the next expansion's preorder at rotation if I don't have to.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How vital is Galakrond's Awakening looking?

I feel bad spending 700 gold to unlock half of the first wing, but I also don't want to give Blizzard money if I don't have to. I barely play much HS anymore and I've had horrendous openings for the last 3 expansions which have led me to fall incredibly far behind whilst trying to remain F2P.

I'd rather not spend on either GA or the next expansion's preorder at rotation if I don't have to.
Eh. Winged guardian is the most popular one so far.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've ever played a Murloc game in BG. Sometimes I'll run one if it's an early triple and I get it poison but I'm never rolling for Megasaur late game.

Won a game as AFK by picking Pack Leader and Zerus which turned into Mama Bear. 8/5 rats *chef's kiss*

Oct 25, 2017
Hass blizzard said anything about moving floating watcher up a tier or 2. It's absurd at 3
Nothing yet, but I think a bump to 4 (together with Cobalt) could be an interesting experiment.

5 is definitely way too harsh though.
I honestly think it's fine where it is right now. Maybe Cobalt too, but I keep going back and forth on that one. If you fuck with either of those, I think you run the risk of murlocs running wild. The only thing that really stops murlocs are the people with the good early and mid game that can knock them out before they get to tier 5. Demons are always a huge risk to play, much like murlocs, but without the huge payoff of being unstoppable. Mechs are always the safest bet, but are gonna get washed by murlocs and big ass demons. What I'd like to see, besides more tribes and units obviously, is for beast to get a little help. They just seem like so much work for little results. It's fun when it works out, but it's just so fucking difficult. Just add crackling razormaw, problem solved. JK...I hope they never fucking do that. It would have to be at tier 6 if they did, and there should be like 3 of them in the pool.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm only a 5k scrub but Watcher seems fine at 3. It works best with Weaver which means you have to get one early. And Malganis stops his buffs.

I think Cobalt could move up. Deathrattle synergy isn't hard to get and mechs have easy access to taunts to protect it (big reason why Junkbot moved up).

I think one of the problems with beasts is that it's easy to go wide but hard to go tall. Mechs have magnetic and shield, and demons can essentially self buff. Beasts are strong during combat (Goldrin+Baron, Pack Leader+Rats, Hydra) but weaker in recruitment phase. Maybe drop Houndmaster or Virmin Sensei a tier. Overseer is tier 2.

Last edited:

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I really just hope they rotate more cards out of BG to keep the mode fresh. I think it's pretty balanced as it is, as there are multiple ways to win, and the truly OP boards are very hard to make. So many cool old cards that could have a second life in BG.

Oct 25, 2017
I swear every Druid has Embiggen and both ramp cards. The shit is tiring. I'm having a hard time figuring out a deck that is fun and decent. Really want to play constructed more, but the game is doing it's damndest to push me away. Maybe miracle/cyclone Mage might cut it.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Damn that priest card that gives a deathratle summon two of this minion is crazy in arena.

Was all set to lose and I got to play it on that mech/windfury/rush card. Cleared my opponents board and bonemared the surviving copy for lethal the next turn.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to go through everything but it seems 9 of the 48 players going 5-0 and 4-1 (Including HunterAce) brought quest druid. A lot of different versions too, new ysera seems to be the card I missed.

Maybe I'm missing something but it seems like Battlefy doesn't have individual game information, just bans and final match score which is disappointing when you want to know how specific decks performed

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I need to check new embiggen druid lists, because I like the new versions I'm seeing with all the elusive minions.

I want to try it, but I know the winrates aren't that good really. I have a really poaitive winrates against it with just face hunter.

Oct 25, 2017
I need to check new embiggen druid lists, because I like the new versions I'm seeing with all the elusive minions.

I want to try it, but I know the winrates aren't that good really. I have a really poaitive winrates against it with just face hunter.
It's not really a fun deck in my opinion. Way too basic for my tastes. But if you have Embiggen and ramp, then you usually just win. If you don't, then you lose a majority of the time.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Watching Masters always makes me want to craft the best decks... druid, Gala Warlock and I have to remember that tourney is not ladder... but Hunter looks outclassed, mostly. And as that class is where I have my cards... oof.

Is bloodyface currently the best player in the world? I think so.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Tried out T1 Deryl and ended up 7th. I had terrible draws but it just felt too slow to get the big minions. Also didn't optimize my gold usage either.

Oct 25, 2017
Watching Masters always makes me want to craft the best decks... druid, Gala Warlock and I have to remember that tourney is not ladder... but Hunter looks outclassed, mostly. And as that class is where I have my cards... oof.

Is bloodyface currently the best player in the world? I think so.

Most of these decks are viable on ladder. Tourney is not an entirely different meta. At most, you would have to change tech cards and just not copy every single card in the list

Status
Not open for further replies.