• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
After some time, I've come around to the fact that demons are out of control in Battlegrounds. I think the best way to balance them without killing them is to make the Reaver do 2 damage, rather than 1. That would greatly lower the size you could make your Reavers and Watchers, while still letting them work.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah that destroys demons. I think adjusting their tier is better. Make floating watcher tier 4.

Or reintroduce amalgam. Though I kinda like no amalgam.

Oct 25, 2017
After some time, I've come around to the fact that demons are out of control in Battlegrounds. I think the best way to balance them without killing them is to make the Reaver do 2 damage, rather than 1. That would greatly lower the size you could make your Reavers and Watchers, while still letting them work.
Whatever they end up doing, they'll have to be careful or else it's gonna be the Murloc show. It'll also make Cobalt way stronger, so they'll probably have to hit that as well. I feel like I'm one of the few people that doesn't despise demons. I recognize they're strong, but I'm usually off doing my own shit with beasts if I see that a ton of people are going demons, since I rarely have a hard time finding what I want. It's just so hard to win with demons if more than 3 people are trying to go that comp. And then one bad loss completely fucks you.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I think demons are fine. For every huge Watcher and Weaver that wins the game there are other demon boards that finish 8th.

Maybe Watcher can be moved up a tier because otherwise if you have a Weaver you can just hang out in Tier 3 until you get one. Juggler and Imp Gang Boss are a consolation prize that can win you the mid-game. But as said above, nerfing one tribe can benefit the others.

Actually is there a demon comp without Watcher/Weaver that can win? Massive Battlemaster? There are no T6 demons. Last night I was Bartender and my Weaver and Watcher took way too long to get online. Was going to transition but I ended up with a triple Juggler and Malganis so I stuck with it. Sold the Watcher because it was no longer growing. I ended up top 2, losing to a Tirion with a massive Weaver.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been enjoying quest shaman no galakrond at the trash ranks. Crafted bandersmosh for it. He sucks but no regrets because high rolling him is too fun.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
It is just far too common to see Weavers or Watchers or both at 100+/100+ in the endgame. That should be a rare thing, not something you see regularly. If Weaver did 2 damage, they would cap out at more like 50/50, which is still good but no longer immune to every strategy other than poison. Watcher at tier 4 would mean you still get 100/100 Weavers, but the Watchers don't get very big at all. Maybe that's enough.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Being too down on any particular battlegrounds meta seems unnecessary since they've been very quick to change things up.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I'm pretty fucking defeated with this game right now.

Yesterday, I took Quest Hunter from Rank 12 to Rank 9, final star. Played well, got lucky a few times... Today, I wake up, play a few games to do my dailies and lose three in a row. No big deal... this happens, time to take a break. Get back, decide this is the day I push for Rank 5--no matter what happens, just keep playing; the swings are a thing. I've lost fifteen+ games in a row and I'm busted all the way back to the floor of Rank 10. I haven't won a game today. Some of my worst loses ever, too.

Sunk-cost fallacy keeps me playing this dumb game at this point. I have a bunch of HS gear--pins, books, etc. If anyone is interested in buying them, PM me.

EDIT: After switching to Embiggen Druid I lost two, then won two.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
It is just far too common to see Weavers or Watchers or both at 100+/100+ in the endgame. That should be a rare thing, not something you see regularly. If Weaver did 2 damage, they would cap out at more like 50/50, which is still good but no longer immune to every strategy other than poison. Watcher at tier 4 would mean you still get 100/100 Weavers, but the Watchers don't get very big at all. Maybe that's enough.
I think if Weaver did 2 damage and/or Watcher was tier 4, then people would probably just rush to tier 4 or 5 to get malganis, instead of just hanging out at tier 3. It would kinda be how people play murlocs but way way shittier....in which case you should probably just play murlocs instead. I dunno, I think I just like beating the shit out of demon players. I usually just start collecting stuff late game in case I have to transition to murlocs. Grab a Brann and the discover murloc and go nuts. Those turns are always hype.

Looking forward to whatever they change though.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I know everyone just plays Battlegrounds now but just wanted to share a Highlander Priest deck I've been having a ton of fun with the past couple days. 11-4 with it up to rank 10 so it's been super fun and successful at the same time. Also probably the most enjoyable Priest has to been to play for quite a while now too.

https://hearthstone-decks.net/highlander-priest-99-legend-最后一只脏牧/
wrong, I play about 90% of my time in constructed, BGs is nice, but a good match means more than 30 minutes.

first time I see a highlander deck for priest after kibler tried to make it work on stream, he had some success with it.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I felt guilty about this game.

Screenshot_20200209-164713_Hearthstone.jpg

I got an early Murloc triple that turned into a juggler. I faced AFK in round 3 and stole her juggler as well. Once I got the triple I was off to the races. I never got Voidlord but I was doing so much damage the game ended fast. Pinged so many Cobalts and Pack Leaders.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What if they added several tribes to battlegrounds, but only 4 random tribes are available any given run? It would create problems for heroes that are specific to a tribe, bit the variety without sacrificing being able to synergize might be fun.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
That could be interesting, but what would you do with menagerie cards like Zoobot and Warden? As it is, there's already so much randomness with the existing tribes.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
What if they added several tribes to battlegrounds, but only 4 random tribes are available any given run? It would create problems for heroes that are specific to a tribe, bit the variety without sacrificing being able to synergize might be fun.
Yeah, there is so much untapped potential in Battlegrounds. Elementals, for example, could introduce freeze effects.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't call it untapped potential when they've been changing it up pretty good and it's only three months old. Dragons are coming soonish too.

BashNasty

Oct 30, 2017
With the sheer amount of this thread that is dedicated to talking about battlegrounds, I wonder if I should give it another try. I think I've played the mode 3 times, and I've had absolutly no idea what was going on any of those times.

I still play hearthstone daily, but I'm all about the classics.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
With the sheer amount of this thread that is dedicated to talking about battlegrounds, I wonder if I should give it another try. I think I've played the mode 3 times, and I've had absolutly no idea what was going on any of those times.

I still play hearthstone daily, but I'm all about the classics.
There's a ton of guides and videos you could watch by now if you want. The mode is real fun but the learning curve is there at first yeah.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still waiting for how they monetize battlegrounds (beyond the kinda sorta monetization of the pack requirements). It's absolutely coming, but I would guess it will be simple cosmetics.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Cosmetics would be good. I can't really think of another way to monetize it without making it feel like P2W.

Anyway, I finally hit 7000 MMR... and then proceeded to badly lose like 5 in a row. Every time I hit a milestone I just get crushed, lol.

aBIGeye

Nov 2, 2017
I'm still waiting for how they monetize battlegrounds (beyond the kinda sorta monetization of the pack requirements). It's absolutely coming, but I would guess it will be simple cosmetics.
In a mail survey I received from them this week, they actually asked what I'd be willing to pay for Battlegrounds. They were mostly cosmetics (alternative skins for heroes, animated emotes) but also some gameplay stuff (4 heroes selection and advanced stats).

Oct 25, 2017
That would be cool, as long as you knew while you were selecting your hero.
Cosmetics would be good. I can't really think of another way to monetize it without making it feel like P2W.

Anyway, I finally hit 7000 MMR... and then proceeded to badly lose like 5 in a row. Every time I hit a milestone I just get crushed, lol.
I hit 8k recently and dropped to 6.9k trying to play Millhouse every time he was offered lol. I eventually got 2nd with him, but I think that's the best I'm gonna do.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Been playing Galakround Rogue for the first time and god damn I can't believe this deck has escaped nerfs while Shaman was obliterated from space. The amount of games where I just pull a win out of my ass that I don't deserve is insane.

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing Galakround Rogue for the first time and god damn I can't believe this deck has escaped nerfs while Shaman was obliterated from space. The amount of games where I just pull a win out of my ass that I don't deserve is insane.
Who knew cheating insane amounts of mana could be good? I hate the mirror so much. It seems like whoever gets Galakrond and/or Togg first just wins....unless it's me. I always draw backstab, backstab, shadowstep, shadowstep lol.
I kid, not all four, but I usually draw 2 of them with Galakrond. I have insanely bad luck with the deck, which is why I dropped it.
I thought quest druid could be viable in this meta.

I was mistaken. Very.
I've seen streamers having success with it. Seems ok. Not my kind of deck, but I think it has a spot. I know I get stomped by it, but I've been playing variations of quest Hunter.....soooo....yeah. love queueing into Rogue though.

OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
Back to Rank 5. After not hitting 5 for a year or so feels good to start at 8 and get over the hump before the last wing comes out. Excited to try some Reno Mage tomorrow. Might be a meta changer. (might not lol)

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen streamers having success with it. Seems ok. Not my kind of deck, but I think it has a spot. I know I get stomped by it, but I've been playing variations of quest Hunter.....soooo....yeah. love queueing into Rogue though.

precisely quest hunter was destroying me today, too many of those today. the optimized version of that deck can get rid of quest druid quickly

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Nefarian is one of my most played heroes yet I always do terrible with him. Yes his HP is useless against big demons and beasts but even if I play without the HP I can't build anything worthwhile. Had a decent start one game with some mechs only to get eliminated in two battles with double digit losses because of Pack Leader and Juggler. They haven't introduced stealth yet but I'm sure it exists on the right end of my opponent's board.

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The demon nerf is coming this week. No details on what that is.

twitter.com

Conor Kou on Twitter

“Planning to have a nerf to Demons later this week. We'll keep an eye on Demons and look at them again after our next big Battlegrounds content patch, which is right around the corner ;) #Hearthstone #Battlegrounds”

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The demon nerf is coming this week. No details on what that is.

twitter.com

Conor Kou on Twitter

“Planning to have a nerf to Demons later this week. We'll keep an eye on Demons and look at them again after our next big Battlegrounds content patch, which is right around the corner ;) #Hearthstone #Battlegrounds”
so big patch is probably next week... and soon probably news about hall of greats and the new year celebrations.

also, reminder to everyone to make a 2 lose arena run to maximize gold and have a free pack when the next arena rotation comes, supposed to be in next patch

OP
OP
manhack

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
so big patch is probably next week... and soon probably news about hall of greats and the new year celebrations.

also, reminder to everyone to make a 2 lose arena run to maximize gold and have a free pack when the next arena rotation comes, supposed to be in next patch

I made a priest Arena run to get to 2 losses and I kept winning. 5 wins so far and no losses. This deck is amazing, but I had to go to work.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I made a priest Arena run to get to 2 losses and I kept winning. 5 wins so far and no losses. This deck is amazing, but I had to go to work.
same here! I made a really janky rogue deck that barely holds and somehow I got 5 wins, had 1 lose against a really good warrior that was running a solid dragon package, but other than that I'm surprised at the winnings I had.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Tirion is easy mode in battlegrounds. 4 times I've used him and won 4 times. 7-7 for one mana is too op. Last game was a perfect game with a 15 round win streak

Screenshot-20200211-185346-com-blizzard-wtcg-hearthstone.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
What's your deck? Anything to kill the Druids!

This is the list I'm running. Honestly I just tried it originally because running the quest synergy seemed neat but it actually turned out to be really consistent from my experience. Not sure if it would be worth trying to fit Grand Lackey Erkh in this or not, I didn't try.

### Custom Rogue
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 1x (1) Bazaar Burglary
# 2x (1) Praise Galakrond!
# 2x (2) Eviscerate
# 2x (2) Licensed Adventurer
# 2x (2) Questing Explorer
# 1x (3) Edwin VanCleef
# 2x (3) EVIL Miscreant
# 2x (3) Questing Adventurer
# 2x (3) Seal Fate
# 2x (4) Devoted Maniac
# 1x (4) Sky Gen'ral Kragg
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
# 2x (5) Shield of Galakrond
# 1x (6) Flik Skyshiv
# 1x (6) Heistbaron Togwaggle
# 1x (6) Kronx Dragonhoof
# 1x (7) Galakrond, the Nightmare
#
AAECAaIHCLICrwSSlwOnqAPBrgPjtAPztwPLwAMLtAHtApcGiAePlwO7pQO5rgP+rgOqrwPOrwO4tgMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Oct 25, 2017
Tried out the Reno card and it's as goofy as expected. Had a few spells win me the game and a few spells lose me the game. Soularium pulled Alex, Kalecgos, and made me mill Zephrys. Lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.